Mk2 Lightning Cockpit for B9 Aerospace v1.3 (FAR drag fixed)

BahamutoD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
wait... completely off topic here but i was curious.... can you make a tweakable that makes it able to connect to B9 MK2 fuselages and (when tweaked) change node position to fit stock?

or is this one of those "easier said than done" things...

stock and b9 are different shapes. stock can be flipped upside down (so cargo bays can be used as bomb bays) whereas B9 MK2 is bigger above its attachment nodes than below. changing the model of a part is (as far as i know) impossible using tweakables, only texture and resources. so not just easier said than done; currently impossible. although if someone who is a better modder than I wishes to look, it could be interesting...

EDIT: It seems Bahamuto is already working on making both cross sections, or maybe just stock/SPP since B9 is converting to that as well. as for making the swap between the two a tweakable (if he does make two models) my previous statement stands.

Edited by gkorgood

Baha, is there an ETA on the cockpit? Will you spend the next few weeks working the bugs out of BDA or are you moving straight on to a new project?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to see a new cockpit. Currently I'm fiddling around with the MK2 Lightning cockpit and the ASET IVA props to make a reasonably realistic fighter cockpit.

One thing that drives me nuts is that there is some weird light source in the cockpit that I can't turn off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Baha, are you waiting for the new version of B9 Aerospace to come out before you release this new cockpit? I really hope the answer is no, because I'm so excited for it.

Yes, they are meant to go along side Bac9's new Mk.2 parts, since they will be using a new cross section (the same shape as stock Mk2 parts).

I pretty much just need to do the IVA/internals and these will be ready, but then they would only fit with stock parts, while the texture only matches the new B9 parts. It's not too bad with stock parts though I guess.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
It would be a great idea to add radar capability to this cockpit for those of us who use BDA.

http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/anapg77aesaradar/Pages/default.aspx

That's the plan.

Awesome work :)

I guess I should take some responsibility here since I'm the one who's in charge of integrating bac9's new parts into B9. It's on my to-do list, but there's a lot to do first. I'd like to get 1.0.5-compatible versions of B9 and AJE out first (and neither of those are trivial). And that's on top of a full time job. Rest assured that it will happen, I'm just not sure when yet.

It's not too bad with stock parts though I guess.

The cockpit looks great with stock parts. It goes pretty well with the color scheme of the stock parts. I encourage you to release it whether or not B9 is complete when you finish the cockpit internals.

[quote name='blowfish']Awesome work :)

I guess I should take some responsibility here since I'm the one who's in charge of integrating bac9's new parts into B9. It's on my to-do list, but there's a lot to do first. I'd like to get 1.0.5-compatible versions of B9 and AJE out first (and neither of those are trivial). And that's on top of a full time job. Rest assured that it will happen, I'm just not sure when yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
Hey man, no pressure! :)

[hr][/hr]

Here's a little teaser of the interior view. It's not textured at all yet, but the modelling and props (using ASET and RPM) are pretty much done. I also went ahead and made a custom HUD. The HUD stil needs a few more things like heads up warnings, labels and some controls, but the main components are working.

[video=youtube;PN5-jTNxT3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN5-jTNxT3k[/video]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/emdvpWH.png[/img]

[img]http://puu.sh/lqrqV/1042b8c0bb.jpg[/img] Edited by BahamutoD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.