KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

Just wanted to say that I've been running this with Real Fuels and the Stockalike engine configs by Raptor831 and it works a treat. Thanks!

Currently using (with no obvious conflicts):

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Engineer Test Release 1.0.11

Modular Rocket Systems (I've written a small config file for the additional fuel tanks)

FAR

Universal Storage

TAC Life Support

KAS

Raster Prop Monitor

Final Frontier

DMagic Orbital Science

Fine Print

Real Chutes

Deadly Reentry

TAC Fuel Balancer

Active Texture Management (Aggressive)

Tweakscale

Blizzy's Toolbar

and probably a couple of others that I can't remember off hand. This is a great mod, that really gives the game an extra edge, without rendering the stock parts pointless, and without requiring a ton of additional rocket mods! KUTGW :cool:

Yes I try. But in this case it is hell of piece of pixelhunting.

One think you might like is this mod here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68619

Have no idea if it works in .25 but this was how I tested PQS settings. You can re-render the planets in game to see what changes need to be made. It's not 100% accurate (i.e. a change you see in game doesn't always change the same when loading from start) but it's close enough.

One think you might like is this mod here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68619

Have no idea if it works in .25 but this was how I tested PQS settings. You can re-render the planets in game to see what changes need to be made. It's not 100% accurate (i.e. a change you see in game doesn't always change the same when loading from start) but it's close enough.

I was trying it on the weekend and it seems to work. I was trying to get Minmus and the Mun to have more elevation variation. In the rescale they both are flat and boring. I got what seemed to be a usable Minmus file, slight color variation and steeper slopes but when I saved it and reloaded Minmus came out jet black. It's not very intuitive though, it's very easy to tweak a number a little too much and then you get something like this...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=321597541 :confused:

Edited by EatVacuum

Thanks. It's good for debugging.

Here is a patch for the IslandAirfield.

PQSCity
{
KEYname = IslandAirfield
latitude = -1.624
longitude = -71.950
repositionToSphereSurface = false
repositionRadiusOffset = 322
lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
}

Hello, been using this for a while now and have dealt with it but just thought I'd share. I'm having problems with the city lights, the texture covers the entire night side of Kerbin. I haven't taken any screenshots yet, but could get around to posting some. Oh, woops, I'm using Astronomer's visual pack and I read that it should work ok? Anyway, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hello, been using this for a while now and have dealt with it but just thought I'd share. I'm having problems with the city lights, the texture covers the entire night side of Kerbin. I haven't taken any screenshots yet, but could get around to posting some. Oh, woops, I'm using Astronomer's visual pack and I read that it should work ok? Anyway, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I added patched city lights map to Kerbol 6.4x 8k textures

-snip because I found the latest dl link-

EDIT: Might as well plug my own mod here: 3.2x Kerbolar System. Something about atmospheres may be relevant here... :)

kTAppGE.png

Hey, mitiya, can I include your textures with my mod? This would be of great happymake for users of 3.2x!

EDIT: Huh. For some reason, when I implemented (Copypasta) the PQS bits from your RSS cfg, RealSolarSystem wouldn't load. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Edited by GregroxMun

mitiya, I tried using your 8k download but RSS isn't loading and everything is defaulting to stock.

I installed 64k to a clean install then dropped the 8k folders on top, the 2 images and the new RSS.cfg file.

Are there any other dependencies?

Somewhere I made a typo. I fixed it (v 0.2.1).

I am about to try to set up a Jool station using this mod. I plan on getting Kethane up and running so I don't have to send fuel to Jool from Kerbin. In stock KSP I usually mined Kethane on either Gilly or Bop. However after sending a probe to Jool for the first time in 6.4x Kerbol system, I'm not to sure if that is such a good idea. I'm starting to think that Vall might be more efficient because orbital maneuvers around Jool are pretty epic. I'm curious if other people have tried Kethane or Karbonite in 6.4x Jool system and how it went?

Any plans to host this on KerbalStuff? (Same for Universal Storage, I saw the dummy file there directing me to your site, and truthfully that makes sense because of the mix-and-match part packs. What are the pros and cons, to you the modmaker, for hosting the entirety of the US / 64K mods on KerbalStuff, with deletable sub-folders?) Otherwise, awesomesauce on both mods!

I can't seem to find the anomaly on the mun at (the one about 60 degrees N and 10 degrees E).

Are they below the surface or something on 6.4x? I'm using the DMagic Anomaly Scanner and it keeps switching directions on me but there's no monolith...

Many of the Easter eggs are different in this config. Some are buried and inaccessible. Have fun exploring all of them again and genuinely not knowing what you'll find.

So for someone with the old 6.4x installed and working ok, how does this differ? And how likely is it to bork something up (specifically, I'm using Better Atmospheres not Astronomers...)?

At this stage I don't know. It should work fine, but I haven't tested it yet. I'd wait until we get version 1.0 out, then it'll be worth testing (with a backed up save file).

- - - Updated - - -

Any plans to host this on KerbalStuff? (Same for Universal Storage, I saw the dummy file there directing me to your site, and truthfully that makes sense because of the mix-and-match part packs. What are the pros and cons, to you the modmaker, for hosting the entirety of the US / 64K mods on KerbalStuff, with deletable sub-folders?) Otherwise, awesomesauce on both mods!

Yes, both will be hosted on Kerbal stuff. Universal Storage very soon, and this once we get it out of testing / beta.

Which isn't bad, but some of the DMagic contracts require use of the Anomaly scanner when you are next to the anomaly... is there a way I cam move them above ground?

I've downloaded but not yet installed that mod. Positioning "above" the submerged anomaly doesn't work? Might be better addressable through DMagic's support thread, then.

Not only am I, too,curious about heightmaps, I'd also like to ask if there are any suggestions as to how to deal with the visual effect of kerbonauts on landed EVA sinking up to their waists in the terrain. Is there a setting I can modify to allow for a better match between the terrain collision map and the visual map?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.