KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

Yep, until RSS is updated 64K and K2 are on hold. I've tested the 0.90 versions and they don't work.

Is the RSS plugin even going to be updated though? From reading the RSS thread it sounds like they're switching to Kopernicus completely. Won't 64k and K2 need to be rewritten with Kopernicus configs too?

Is the RSS plugin even going to be updated though? From reading the RSS thread it sounds like they're switching to Kopernicus completely. Won't 64k and K2 need to be rewritten with Kopernicus configs too?

Yes, if the RSS code is replaced by Kopernicus then the configs will have to be rewritten. Although it shouldn't take too long as 64K and K2 are both a lot less complex than RSS. That said 64K uses the alternative launch sites from RSS, which I believe NathanKell is going to split out to a seperate mod, so I'll need to wait for that anyway.

Right now I'm updating Universal Storage, but once that's complete I'll take a look at Kopernicus and see if I can update K2 as it's the simpler of the two and with the new stock aero has become a must have to get the DeltaV to orbit back up to 4500.

That said 64K uses the alternative launch sites from RSS, which I believe NathanKell is going to split out to a seperate mod, so I'll need to wait for that anyway.
I'll actually be splitting out KSCSwitcher pretty soon (I'm the one who put it into RSS and NathanKell has graciously agreed to me relicensing it), maybe before the end of this week. Well, actually, the work is mostly done, I'm just being lazy about publishing. Link will be the same as in my sig.

I'll actually be splitting out KSCSwitcher pretty soon (I'm the one who put it into RSS and NathanKell has graciously agreed to me relicensing it), maybe before the end of this week. Well, actually, the work is mostly done, I'm just being lazy about publishing. Link will be the same as in my sig.

Ah, awesome, thank you :)

Well i did a 'kinda' conversion from RSS to KopernicusTech for 64K as far it is possible for now. (guess it's a pretty buggy, but kinda works)

klick here

PICS

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I did a big research on Kopernicus and heavy testing for that, but didn't succeded with the 0.0.6-Alpha or Dev-Versions and had to revert to the Version the OuterPlanetsMod use. The biggest problem for now are the not kompletet implementation of the PQS system and many configs not properly loading or spontanus crashing the game.

Well as they say it's still Alpha, but 'in development' would point it better i think. Guess it will take them some weeks, or maybe a month or two, to get the mod running at a level where other mods can depend on it. But on the date it's betaish i guess KSP will be even more awesome :D (hell, imagine the thing goes stable! with 64x you could play KerbalUniverse!)

• 2 weeks later...

So with RSS moving to Kopernicus, what does 64k need RSS updated for anymore?

My understanding was that RSS provided the re-scale abilities, but Kopernicus does that on its own now, is there other things that RSS provides that I am missing here?

In other news how goes the update progress?

So with RSS moving to Kopernicus, what does 64k need RSS updated for anymore?

My understanding was that RSS provided the re-scale abilities, but Kopernicus does that on its own now, is there other things that RSS provides that I am missing here?

In other news how goes the update progress?

I too am confused about this. I've been following Kopernicus and it seems to be at the point of usefullness, effectively released for 1.0.2 in all but name. A 3.7x version already exists. At the moment I'm not playing KSP much because the stock planets are just too easy. I was waiting for 64k, but if it isn't comming then perhaps we can take configs for 3.7 version and double all the numbers.

Thr 3.7 version:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109753-1-0-2-SKY-Scale-up-Kerbalism-for-You-Includes-a-2nd-Gas-Giant-v1-5-beta

For anyone interested in testing a WIP config, I submitted this PR to the 64k Github, still have stock atmosphere heights for most planets, and the PQS rescaling isn't done so the planets will be a little flat, but I figure it's a good start.

• 4 weeks later...

It would look like it has been forgotten, given the ease of creating a rescaled solarsystem now in a pure Kopernicus format (even I have managed that bit). All it would take is someone who knows how to weave the dark arts of PQS terrain formatting to get a working 6.4 scale system.

I have looked through a chunk of the Kopernicus mod and I have no idea how PQS works or I would have done it myself, can anyone point me to some kind of explanation of what parameters are available and what they do?

Really? there hasnt been a post here in nearly a month, far longer than that for any of the developers. Is there anywhere else I should be going to see how this progress is progressing? (I couldnt see a 64k thread in the development forum either)

Really? there hasnt been a post here in nearly a month, far longer than that for any of the developers. Is there anywhere else I should be going to see how this progress is progressing? (I couldnt see a 64k thread in the development forum either)

Developers don't always communicate publicly. But the latest commit in the github repository at https://github.com/KSP-64k/64k/commits/master is only three days old, so there's obviously movement behind the scenes.

What Felger put out (and already pushed to the main repo) is playable from what I noticed. People playtesting this is actually great for finding whatever issues remain, so go ahead and try it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Work has been ongoing to port 62K over to Kopernicus. Felgar has done all the heavy lifting to get the mod working and I'm helping with the final few bits and pieces. We're very close to release, with a few small graphical things to clean up. The emphasis has been on getting everything polished for the best release possible.

Work has been ongoing to port 62K over to Kopernicus. Felgar has done all the heavy lifting to get the mod working and I'm helping with the final few bits and pieces. We're very close to release, with a few small graphical things to clean up. The emphasis has been on getting everything polished for the best release possible.

Can't wait, excellent work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.