KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

We've had some troubles with achieving orbit for the first time in Career mode, which modes are you playing?

Not full career mode, but I never play that anyway. I normally play science-only. With FAR (I assume you are using the latest FAR) it should be possible with basic engines. I'll give career a go and see what I can do.

Not full career mode, but I never play that anyway. I normally play science-only. With FAR (I assume you are using the latest FAR) it should be possible with basic engines. I'll give career a go and see what I can do.

Well, we've been getting crashes when achieving orbit in career mode. Not sure what the cause is at this point.

Well, we've been getting crashes when achieving orbit in career mode. Not sure what the cause is at this point.

Yup. I just tried full carreer mode and can confirm there is a crash/freeze at exacty 92km. It isn't about orbit. It seems to be an altitude limit. On science-only mode I'm not seeing any crash, but now that I am looking I do see an instantaneous camera move at 92km that may be related.

Full career mode on anything bigger than stock is always a disappointment imho. Things seem well and good, but then you wind up spending hours grinding away on ridiculous launches just to save up enough to visit dres. There always seems to be some insurmountable balance wall. So I've stayed away from career for a long time.

Yup. I just tried full carreer mode and can confirm there is a crash/freeze at exacty 92km. It isn't about orbit. It seems to be an altitude limit. On science-only mode I'm not seeing any crash, but now that I am looking I do see an instantaneous camera move at 92km that may be related.

Full career mode on anything bigger than stock is always a disappointment imho. Things seem well and good, but then you wind up spending hours grinding away on ridiculous launches just to save up enough to visit dres. There always seems to be some insurmountable balance wall. So I've stayed away from career for a long time.

Yeah, that's what we've been seeing. Well, so long as you're not playing career, it should be pretty much functional.

Is it currently compatible with astronomers or other look enchansing mods like scatterer? I'm too lazy to check it out myself, maybe someone already tried?

Too bad it's currently broken, KSP isn't the same without this awesome mod for me.

Finally! Version 1.1.0.0 released

This new 1.0.x compatible version of 64k is running on Kopernicus 0.1

The port over is almost entirely down to the hard work of Felgar, please send rep his way, he's done an amazing job getting everything to work.

Please note that this isn't working with Career mode. There seems to be an issue with Kopernicus that causes a game crash when achieving orbit for the first time. KScale2 is having the same issue and it's been reported by several users. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

You can download from Kerbal Stuff as usual. Also you can check out the mod page at kingtiger.co.uk

Finally! Version 1.1.0.0 released

This new 1.0.x compatible version of 64k is running on Kopernicus 0.1

The port over is almost entirely down to the hard work of Felgar, please send rep his way, he's done an amazing job getting everything to work.

Please note that this isn't working with Career mode. There seems to be an issue with Kopernicus that causes a game crash when achieving orbit for the first time. KScale2 is having the same issue and it's been reported by several users. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

You can download from Kerbal Stuff as usual. Also you can check out the mod page at kingtiger.co.uk

Glad to see this released despite the career bug!

One note: on my system the crash wasn't ever an 'orbit' thing, but an altitude limit. It occurs when the automatic achieve orbit/space contract is present but manifests as a crash at the moment you break atmo, which is at 92km in 64k. Science-only career mode works flawlessly in my experience.

One note: on my system the crash wasn't ever an 'orbit' thing, but an altitude limit. It occurs when the automatic achieve orbit/space contract is present but manifests as a crash at the moment you break atmo, which is at 92km in 64k. Science-only career mode works flawlessly in my experience.

Interesting. For me it's an orbit thing. I can get my Ap pretty much anywhere I want, but when I get Pe up to above atmo then it crashes.

I've gone though the RSS configs to see if I'm missing anything from my configs to cause the crash, but there's nothing that I can see.

Interesting. For me it's an orbit thing. I can get my Ap pretty much anywhere I want, but when I get Pe up to above atmo then it crashes.

I've gone though the RSS configs to see if I'm missing anything from my configs to cause the crash, but there's nothing that I can see.

If it's any consolation it does the same in RSS career. Soon as a sounding rocket breaks out of upper atmo into space it all locks up.

Stock parts are scaled to roughly 64% of their real world equivalent, so by picking 6.4x scale up (the stock game is about 10% of the real solar system) you have rockets that match the size of the system they are working in.

Is this statement still accurate as of the engine changes in 1.0?

Thanks for the update!

-edit-

I'm guessing so. The changes couldn't affect it that much. Will be creating an install with this.

Edited by klgraham1013

Another small "bug" ....

The "optional 12-hour day" folder contains a capitalization error. The subfolder is "64K" rather than "64k" ... which may cause issues if people just drag the folder into gamedata. It won't overwrite the folder and they will have both 64K and 64k folders.

Edited by Sandworm

If it's any consolation it does the same in RSS career. Soon as a sounding rocket breaks out of upper atmo into space it all locks up.

There's been some good progress on the Kopernicus github on fixing this bug. It looks like it might actually be a bug in KSP!

- - - Updated - - -

Another small "bug" ....

The "optional 12-hour day" folder contains a capitalization error. The subfolder is "64K" rather than "64k" ... which may cause issues if people just drag the folder into gamedata. It won't overwrite the folder and they will have both 64K and 64k folders.

Thanks, I'll make sure this is fixed in the next release.

There's been some good progress on the Kopernicus github on fixing this bug. It looks like it might actually be a bug in KSP!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I'll make sure this is fixed in the next release.

Great job to everyone who worked on the port. Is it currently stable enough to run? I have some renaissance textures installed. Anyone know if it works with EVE or various visual enhancements yet?

Great job to everyone who worked on the port. Is it currently stable enough to run? I have some renaissance textures installed. Anyone know if it works with EVE or various visual enhancements yet?

It works with EVE and I've included a config file to slow the clouds down.

With the current version of FAR, I'm getting about 6,700 ∆v to LKO. The rebalancing of stock parts to suit 3,300 ∆v rather than 4,500 ∆v however probably means 64k still represents accurate payload fractions. I've a 725 ton 2 stage lifter capable of lifting at least 27 tons to 100km (3.6%) and a 1,968 ton 2 stage +boosters lifter capable of at least 89 tons (4.3%). They could both use some optimization so I'm hoping to get those numbers a little higher, but they're already reasonable numbers.

Edited by Mezzala

I've experienced both, in fact it seems that sometimes you can dodge the bullet on the initial contracts entirely. One round I managed to get through the initial contracts and it locked up when I completed a Remotetech communication satellite contract.

Anyway, thanks for the hard work getting this together, its by far my favourite rescale, that just makes getting to orbit fun.

Just my luck that my GFX card has packed up so I can't play it straight away :P.

I don't play 64K, but I did feel the need to let somebody know- On the KerbalStuff image for this, it says:

A KERBOL 6.4X REBOOT

KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM 6.4 TIMES BIGER

That "biger" should be "bigger".

Sorry if I'm just being nit-picky.

It works with EVE and I've included a config file to slow the clouds down.

I'm having issues with clouds being at ground level. I've peeked into the config file for BoulderCo and I think I know how to fix it, but before I go changing numbers is there an already known configuration I seem to have overlooked? Thanks.

Has anyone been having problems with heating? My mk1 pod's shield "heats up" to only 270 degrees while in upper atmosphere, and then abruptly to 500-600 at approximately 11 km altitude. I have to point out that no ablator is consumed in process. Still, deceleration force peaks at 7-9 g. Tried with stock, release DRE and development DRE, no results.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by viktor19
added usable info

Has anyone been having problems with heating? My mk1 pod's shield "heats up" to only 270 degrees while in upper atmosphere, and then abruptly to 500-600 at approximately 11 km altitude. I have to point out that no ablator is consumed in process. Still, deceleration force peaks at 7-9 g. Tried with stock, release DRE and development DRE, no results.

Thanks in advance!

You have to modify the DeadlyReentry.cfg to match heating to a reasonable level

For RSS, the author of DRE suggest:

• Q: I'm playing with Real Solar System and reentry I'm burning through my heat shield a lot faster than on stock Kerbin!
  • A: Real Solar System is not out yet as of this posting. However, changing the factor of heating to 1.0 for each heat category (Radiation, Convective and Conduction) should yield the correct amount of heat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.