KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

Hm. I had a MK1-2 Pod burn up several times during a 8km/s 40km pe reentry last night. The heatshields were definitely patched, so I am guessing the physics patch was applied too... Will test more today.

Hmm, I found it OK with a 30km pe :-s. If it keeps happening I'll drop the hearing multi back down too one as nathankell suggested, it's currently 4.

It is definitely interesting, I had previously tested with RealHeat only and always barely survived, with anything between 0 and 5 units of ablator left. Did you test with FAR?

Edit: Huh, the latest version of FAR behaves quite differently (0 Ablator lost vs burning up at ~7km/s). Will test on a clean install next.

Alright, on a clean install with your patches and the latest FAR everything works nicely, anything between 400 and 200 units of ablator left on a minmus reentry. Interplanetary might be a little harder, who knows.

Edited by Tellion

It is definitely interesting, I had previously tested with RealHeat only and always barely survived, with anything between 0 and 5 units of ablator left. Did you test with FAR?

Edit: Huh, the latest version of FAR behaves quite differently (0 Ablator lost vs burning up at ~7km/s). Will test on a clean install next.

Alright, on a clean install with your patches and the latest FAR everything works nicely, anything between 400 and 200 units of ablator left on a minmus reentry. Interplanetary might be a little harder, who knows.

Who has two thumbs and forgot to check if the tweak for heating on a mod aimed primarily at people using FAR, worked with FAR...

Yeah. But if it's working well with the latest version that's a pretty happy accident. I'll check it myself in a bit. Thanks.

Well, I had an absolutely wretched bug that caused command pods to burn up on reentry even with your patch installed (and it's values successfully applied, and nothing else in /GameData doing so much as touching them) - clean install was fine, but what was really incomprehensible was that it also worked fine on other saves of the same install. I hate it when career/science with a lot of progress gets corrupted this way. Great work though, 10/10, would spend hours for again :D

I've been finding that. I don't know what it is, but I've been finding it much harder than I remember from 0.90. Though it could be because I've been using stock atmosphere.

Well, I've been using FAR in both the old versions and in 1.0 and it really is much harder to get stuff to orbit.

I thought you should be using realfuels along with the stockalike engine configs with this and that should counter the stock changes? Though if you don't want to deal with over 20 different types of fuels you'll need another type of config adjustment.

On another note... I read the issues page on Kopernicus' github. Saw that the career bug has been identified now, is that correct?

Well, I had an absolutely wretched bug that caused command pods to burn up on reentry even with your patch installed (and it's values successfully applied, and nothing else in /GameData doing so much as touching them) - clean install was fine, but what was really incomprehensible was that it also worked fine on other saves of the same install.

I had the same problem, I decided it was left over settings from near future's heat management that didn't work with 1.04, though I never really tested too vigorously, since a fresh install fixed it.

Great work though, 10/10, would spend hours for again :D

:D Thanks very much. Thanks for the help testing.

I thought you should be using realfuels along with the stockalike engine configs with this and that should counter the stock changes? Though if you don't want to deal with over 20 different types of fuels you'll need another type of config adjustment.

I used to, but I prefer to use engine packs and cryogenic fuels mod at the moment because its less involved for a casual play through. Though I might try and see how it all works with realfuels in my test install.

On another note... I read the issues page on Kopernicus' github. Saw that the career bug has been identified now, is that correct?

Yes, it seems to be something to do with the generation of stock survey contracts not finding land above sea level within the search radius it's given. Which means it's a stock bug that doesn't show on stock sized planets I'd guess. There's a work around of increasing the survey distance, I found I still got lock ups with a factor of 5, but a factor of 10 seems to be working ok at the moment. It does mean you'll end up with most survey contracts are on the other side of the planet though, which is neigh impossible to do on a 64k kerbin.

Just throwing this out there... The issue with hangs/crashes on first achieving orbit in career, I think I got the same with simply escaping the atmosphere. Game froze consistently on reaching 93.8 km. Tried the same solution as the reddit link, also set max survey contracts to 0, seems to have fixed it for now.

Hallo everyone,

first of all, this mod looks amazing! I really want to try it out in combination with the outer planets mod, but I couldn't find a 64K OPM config that is working with the current version. Is there already one available?

Thanks in advance!

Just throwing this out there... The issue with hangs/crashes on first achieving orbit in career, I think I got the same with simply escaping the atmosphere. Game froze consistently on reaching 93.8 km. Tried the same solution as the reddit link, also set max survey contracts to 0, seems to have fixed it for now.

It happened once to me when I was playing a more aircraft oriented career, and I completed an aircraft related mission while flying. It also happened once long after gaining orbit, when I'd just completed a Remotetech satellite constellation mission. I think those looking into it are right that it's when generating survey contracts, because it happens when pretty much any contract is completed. I think it just so happens that usually survey contracts are appearing around the time people are completing the "Leave the atmosphere" or "Reach Orbit" initial contracts.

Hallo everyone,

first of all, this mod looks amazing! I really want to try it out in combination with the outer planets mod, but I couldn't find a 64K OPM config that is working with the current version. Is there already one available?

Thanks in advance!

Tellion has one in development at github but has not released. I've been playing it for a few days without issue (linux 64-bit) but that doesn't mean it is stable for anyone else.

https://github.com/Tellion/OPM_64K

Engines got their Isp reduced in 1.0 because the new stock atmosphere is less dense than the old one was. To get 64k to work like previous we need something like KIDS-reverse, buffing the engines Isp.

It's possible to achieve a 3.3% payload capacity using a 2 stage launcher, with 1 skipper on the upper stage, and 4 mainsails on the first stage. I don't know how much it was possible to achieve before, but to me this seems fairly appropriate.

@Citizen, did you by any chance test reentries with spaceplanes?

Edit: because what I manage to get into orbit explodes violently at ~5.3km/s ._.

I really want to try it out in combination with the outer planets mod, but I couldn't find a 64K OPM config that is working with the current version. Is there already one available?

Thanks in advance!

What Sandworm linked should work fine, tell me if you find something broken though :)

I got some question. How can I make the solar panel work? Since I had tested all solar panel on Kerbin, none of them generate electricity.

This is an issue with older versions of Kopernicus, upgrade to the latest one.

Edited by Tellion

I'm currently playing cereer mode with 64k, and I was actually surprised at how I was actually able to stay afloat with the funds from various contracts. Of course, there are the things I haven't been able to do, especially manned exploration outside of Minmus, but now that I have the ion engine maybe even that is possible. Even a Moho lander is profitable with the ion engine. The ion engine is magic!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22015656/ExploreMoho.png

I got it working by editing these lines in the contracts config.

TrivialHomeNearbyRange = 2000

SignificantHomeNearbyRange = 4000

ExceptionalHomeNearbyRange = 6000

I just multiplied each one by 100. It supposedly makes surveying contracts tricky or something, but I don't do those so I wouldn't know =P

It will make early-campaign near-KSC survey contracts hard, but at least it will work.

https://github.com/BryceSchroeder/Kopernicus/issues/48

Edited by maccollo

I cannot get Geostationary orbit with 30130.12km. Is it incorrect?

If you are referring to the delta - v map by Nebuchadnezzar then yes, there is an error with the GSO altitude. You must subtract the Kerbin radius from the current GSO altitude to get the real altitude value.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.