KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

I'm having a problem with 64k and AVP, the dust on moho is scaled more than moho (Picture below)

Does anyone know what I did wrong/need to do to fix it?http://i.imgur.com/o1abIXD.jpg

I had this effect on numerous EVE - AVP version, and I think it's intentional, like surface being blown away by that gigantic star just nearby.

Mercury is too small and hot for its gravity to retain any significant atmosphere over long periods of time; it does have a tenuous surface-bounded exosphere containing hydrogen, helium, oxygen, sodium, calcium, potassium and others. This exosphere is not stableâ€â€atoms are continuously lost and replenished from a variety of sources. Hydrogen atoms and helium atoms probably come from the solar wind, diffusing into Mercury's magnetosphere before later escaping back into space

This is Wikipedia's two cents on this ;)

Edited by viktor19

Got a question for 64K users: anyone had your flight scene seem really dark? I mean, like, the KSC buildings on the shaded side look like they're on the night side of Kerbin. Same with any crafts.

Is that a Kopernicus issue, or have I goofed something else with my install?

(I can post pics/logs/etc if it's a legit bug, but if I'm just being dumb I'll keep the clutter down. :) )

Honestly I can't remember now Raptor. I don't believe it does Nathan. Again though, it's been so long since I've not used a (one of Proot's) beautification pack I don't really remember what the stock planet / solar system looks like anymore O.o

Is there a KSPRC config for this somewhere?

Not that I know of, but give it a try nonetheless. The visual packs usually work to a large degree without proper modifications. You can use the EVE gui (Alt/Rightshift +N) to adjust the height of cloud layers if you observe clipping anywhere.

Not that I know of, but give it a try nonetheless. The visual packs usually work to a large degree without proper modifications. You can use the EVE gui (Alt/Rightshift +N) to adjust the height of cloud layers if you observe clipping anywhere.

Sounds fair enough

Does 64K modify ambient light, like RSS does?

I haven't been able to test/research this yet, but I'll bet this is the issue. Once I get a chance, I'm going to cross-check with the RSS config and see if it's just that.

A solution was presented here. Worked for me :)https://github.com/BryceSchroeder/Kopernicus/issues/48

Confirmed... this resolved my issue as well. At least for now!

The link referenced indicates that one should change these entries in the Survey{} section of contracts.cfg.

//TrivialHomeNearbyRange = 2000
//SignificantHomeNearbyRange = 4000
//ExceptionalHomeNearbyRange = 6000
TrivialHomeNearbyRange = 200000
SignificantHomeNearbyRange = 400000
ExceptionalHomeNearbyRange = 600000

Edited by FlexGunship

Just information I was able to obtain the same results (no crashes after achieving orbit) with a factor of 10 vs 100 added to the Survey field. (20,000 vs 200,000 etc). I'm not sure what performance impact if any the different factors have on contract generation.

FlexGunship said:
Confirmed... this resolved my issue as well. At least for now!

The link referenced indicates that one should change these entries in the Survey{} section of contracts.cfg.

//TrivialHomeNearbyRange = 2000
		//SignificantHomeNearbyRange = 4000
		//ExceptionalHomeNearbyRange = 6000
		TrivialHomeNearbyRange = 200000
		SignificantHomeNearbyRange = 400000
		ExceptionalHomeNearbyRange = 600000
Shad0wCatcher said:
Just information I was able to obtain the same results (no crashes after achieving orbit) with a factor of 10 vs 100 added to the Survey field. (20,000 vs 200,000 etc). I'm not sure what performance impact if any the different factors have on contract generation.

The most recent release has a patch that does this automatically, you shouldn't need to do this anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

[removed link to defunct website]

I'm trying to launch my first vessel using this, Realism Overhaul and RemoteTech.

But on the launchpad my location is the normal KSC location, but there is no ground station with antenna connection in range.

This means that I can't transmit science to progress in my career at all!

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I'm trying to launch my first vessel using this, Realism Overhaul and RemoteTech.

But on the launchpad my location is the normal KSC location, but there is no ground station with antenna connection in range.

This means that I can't transmit science to progress in my career at all!

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

There is a RemoteTech config included in the download, but I imagine that RO might have it's own set of tweaks regarding launch sites and ground stations. I would try 64K on a clean install to rule out any specific bugs and then look for whatever could interfere with it.

Felger said:
The most recent release has a patch that does this automatically, you shouldn't need to do this anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

[removed link to defunct website]

The patch mentioned doesn't seem to fix it for me - at least I didn't experience the crash on first orbit, but when a survey contract gets generated the game seems to go into some sort of endless loop/hang, for at least ten minutes before I pull the plug in frustration. The work around of keying in larger in larger "homenearby" ranges does work for me... sort of. All the survey contracts seem to appear in about the same spot, across the ocean on the continent to the SE of the KSC. That's a long flight in 64k, and boring, so I only do a few of surveys and after accepting I save and manually edit the latitude and longitude to something more reasonable but not too easy.

Has anyone got a better solution?

I'm finding that the amount of electric charge does not seem to be correct. With only 64k and remote tech installed as mods (and Kopenicus updated to the latest version via CKAN), the charge at Kerbin is 1/3 the expected. I suppose I could just boost the charge received by the panels by 300% to compensate. But wondered if anyone had a more elegant solution to something that seems to be related to solar emission curves?

Ed. Sorry I take this all back, I've just tried without any mods and got the same behavior. I'm re-installing, since I must have borked my install in some way.

Edited by immelman

Does anybody know the altitude for a geosynchronous orbit in this?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the license currently refers to KScale2 not to 64K.
Is there a KSPRC config for this somewhere?

You guys! Didn't expect to see you here. (I'm TheCrazyCarts on Twitch, remember me?)

Unless that isn't the Cantab I think it is.

Does anybody know the altitude for a geosynchronous orbit in this?

The 6.4x Delta Vee map (included in the download, but buried several subfolders deep) lists the Kerbin GSO altitude as 30,130.12 km, but the author forgot to deduct the radius of Kerbin (3,850 km) from that. The accurate altitude then is 26290.12 km... assuming you kept the default 24 hour Kerbin day length. If you switched to the 12 hour day, I can't help you, sorry.

Agreed. Flying over the terrain is boring, you can land practically anywhere except mountains with no risk. And driving rovers around on the totally flat grasslands I feel like an ant walking across a pool table sometimes.

I had some PQS terrain tweaks, based off a set NonWonderDog had posted up in Raptor831's old 6.4x thread that were working pretty well for me. He'd really improved the mountains and given the lower terrain a bit more in the way of variation - low rolling hills and the like. I'd also played with some of the settings for the Mun to make the Voronoi Craters (the smaller, procedurally generated ones) deeper, to give them more of the proportionate depth they had in original scale KSP.

But with 6.4k switching to use Kopernicus, I'm not sure if his tweaks could still be used.

Is anyone familiar enough with Kopernicus that they could say whether NonWonderDog's old terrain config mods (0r some of them) could be cut and paste into the new ones? Or if not, has anyone tried modding the new 6.4k terrain files and had results that they feel are good enough that they're willing to share the files?

Agreed. Flying over the terrain is boring, you can land practically anywhere except mountains with no risk. And driving rovers around on the totally flat grasslands I feel like an ant walking across a pool table sometimes.

I had some PQS terrain tweaks, based off a set NonWonderDog had posted up in Raptor831's old 6.4x thread that were working pretty well for me. He'd really improved the mountains and given the lower terrain a bit more in the way of variation - low rolling hills and the like. I'd also played with some of the settings for the Mun to make the Voronoi Craters (the smaller, procedurally generated ones) deeper, to give them more of the proportionate depth they had in original scale KSP.

But with 6.4k switching to use Kopernicus, I'm not sure if his tweaks could still be used.

Is anyone familiar enough with Kopernicus that they could say whether NonWonderDog's old terrain config mods (0r some of them) could be cut and paste into the new ones? Or if not, has anyone tried modding the new 6.4k terrain files and had results that they feel are good enough that they're willing to share the files?

I don't know whether NonWonderDog's configs are for RSS or Kopernicus, but in any case I would be surprised if they still work. You could copy their values over into the up to date config, that should achieve results. If you are feeling adventurous, you can also get Kittopia Tech and play around with it. It allows you to edit terrain on the fly but takes a bit of trial and error to get an idea of. (test that on a clean install though, modifying terrain might wreck anything on the ground)

NonWonderdog's changes were to improve the original 6.4x configs which were pre-Kopernicus RSS based. But on looking in the new 6.4k system cfg file, it looks pretty similar. 64k's cfg entries for Kerbin are pretty sparse, it seems to be missing a lot of the PQS mods that added the random terrain variation that was layered ontop of what's in there. I will try some manual copy znd paste first and if that doesn't work then I guess learning the mysteries of Kittopia Tech will be next.

This is very fun, but everything's very flat!

I tried a little experimentation in Kittopia tech and I think I've got something I like a lot more. Apologies for all the big images below, but I'm not sure how to do the spoiler thing.

Original 64k Kerbin Mountains...

7gf5UZY.png

And now the new and improved mountains...

ghcNIks.png

Grasslands a bit lumpier, no more pool table flatness...

iLBqD78.png

Highlands more so...

9PjdSxV.png

I'd like to fly around a bit more to make sure it's good in a few key locations, like the Island Airfield, but if it's good and anyone wants it, I'll see if I can post up the cfg with the PQS changes I made.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.