KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

I get crashes when going suborbital or returning to the KSC, I get to I think 99000m and it crashes. I am in Career and have installed via CKAN, I have the SETI mods as well.

Sounds like the contract bug. In /GameData/64k/Compatability there should be a Contract_Bug_Workaround.cfg file.

Replace the contents with this:

@Contracts{

@Survey

{

@TrivialHomeNearbyRange *= 10

@SignificantHomeNearbyRange *= 10

@ExceptionalHomeNearbyRange *= 10

}

}

And see if that makes a difference.

Ike's surface seems to be mostly broken. It has these weird black edges and all the terrain within that doesn't exist. You fall right through it and eventually explode.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Those dark lines are the borders of the bugged terrain. First picure is just after my kerbal exploded(trying to land in that area). The other areas(such as where the craft is landed) are fine.

Ike's surface seems to be mostly broken. It has these weird black edges and all the terrain within that doesn't exist. You fall right through it and eventually explode.

Those dark lines are the borders of the bugged terrain. First picure is just after my kerbal exploded(trying to land in that area). The other areas(such as where the craft is landed) are fine.

Does the issue with the black edges occur without any other mods? Without EVE, specifically?

Hey, i used to like this mod in the past because it made me use larger rockets and it had more fun and challenging payload fractions. And all that without the need to use a lot of realism overhaul mods like its the case with RSS.

My questions are, is the payload fraction still more or less the same even with the nerfs squad gave to all the engines in 1.0 with the new aero? does this dv maps still applies? Sj0BJdh.jpg At least the Dv to reach lko should be mostly the same but you need a sightly bigger rocket?

Sorry I tl;dr'd the thread (it IS too long), and there was no mention in the opening post... how does 64K play with Realism Overhaul? (Or rather, is 64K a workable replacement for RSS in a RO install?)
It's best not to use RO with 64K, IMO. One of the reasons for 64K originally was to have compatibility with the stock and stock-alike parts, along with Real Fuels, in their original scale (64% of real life), which results in a payload fraction around 10~12%. Using RO with 64K will result in much larger payload fractions because all the parts have been considerably lightened (in most cases) to represent actual hardware.

Real Fuels with the Stock-alike engine configs (actually I used the RFTS engines, but that's a great contemporary) and Procedural Tanks, plus whatever parts mods you like, is pretty much how I played this mod in its infancy. RO is a bit overkill and breaks the idea of 64K, which is to provide a niche between the toy solar system and RO.

Amazing mod, but can I ask what the purpose of this patch is:

@PART[procedural*]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[ProceduralPart]
{
%diameterLargeStep = 1.25
%diameterSmallStep = 0.1
%lengthSmallStep = 0.1
}
@MODULE[ProceduralShapeCylinder]
{
@diameter *= 1.25
}
@MODULE[ProceduralShapeCone]
{
@topDiameter *= 1.25
@bottomDiameter *= 1.25
}
@MODULE[ProceduralShapePill]
{
@diameter *= 1.25
@fillet *= 1.25
}
@MODULE[ProceduralShapeBezierCone]
{
@topDiameter *= 1.25
@bottomDiameter *= 1.25
}
@MODULE[ProceduralSRB]
{
%thrust1m = 500
}
}

It causes the diameters to default to a bizarre 1.5625m, and the large diameter increment (1.25m) is not a multiple of the small diameter increment (0.1m). Since 64k doesn't change the sizes of any stock parts, wouldn't it make sense to just leave these at the defaults (default diameter 1.25m, large increment 1.25m, small increment 0.125m)?

I believe that is common to all the mods that resize the planets. It happens in stock, just to a lesser degree. If you sink a couple of inches in stock you may not even notice. But in a 6.4 x rescale each inch becomes six inches and in RSS an inch becomes almost a foot. In RSS I often had Kerbals standing waist or even chest deep in the ground.

Am I right in thinking this is a floating point precision issue? If so, does running on 64bits fix it? (64bit single-precision floats as opposed to 32?)

The link for the 64k mod for Outer Planets is broken. When you click download it just returns a 404.

My bad, I moved to github and must have deleted the original configs in the process. This should work with the latest 64k, but I haven't had much time for testing recently, so please do write me a pm if it doesn't.

No. x86 or x64, floats are floats and doubles are doubles.

Oh yes, love standardized CLR types. :) Is the single-precision physics a given with Unity? I vaguely remember reading something about that, regarding the workarounds to fix the most glaring krakens...

I wonder if they have anything on their backlog to improve this. (On x64, I'm assuming that using doubles should be just as fast as floats on x86.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.