KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

19 minutes ago, lolmanxD said:

Sigma is installed and Kopernicus is included but it's still not working

If you're on KSP 1.1.3, go to the Kopernicus thread and download the latest version.  It's very new, and is required for 1.1.3.

Edited by blowfish

5 minutes ago, blowfish said:

If you're on KSP 1.1.3, go to the Kopernicus thread and download the latest version.  It's very new, and is required for 1.1.3.

But if i install the new Kopernicus Version i can't Create a new Game. I guess i try again tomorrow

4 minutes ago, lolmanxD said:

But if i install the new Kopernicus Version i can't Create a new Game. I guess i try again tomorrow

If you're having a specific issue with the latest version of Kopernicus, you should probably ask in the Kopernicus thread.  The pervious version will not work on KSP 1.1.3

2 minutes ago, blowfish said:

If you're having a specific issue with the latest version of Kopernicus, you should probably ask in the Kopernicus thread.  The pervious version will not work on KSP 1.1.3

Ok i'll try that. Still thank you very much :D

16 minutes ago, Aluminum Oxide said:

Hi

Since i have version 1.1.3, this amazing mod that usually works in 1.1.2 dosen't work in this current version, even with the updates Kopernicus mod. Could you kindly tell me what problem this is and how it can be fixed?

Thanks

Well you haven't told us much about what the issue actually is or what your setup is.  Are the planets just not rescaling, or do you have a different issue?  Are you sure you have the absolute latest version of Kopernicus (1.1.1)?  Could you provide logs?  Instructions on how to find KSP's logs are in "How to get Support" in my signature.  Kopernicus also keeps its on logs in Logs/Kopernicus (which can be found in your KSP root folder), which would be useful as well.

The issue is the fact that the planets are not rescaling. The Kopernicus mod was downloaded from this link:

Also, the Kopernicus log file doesn't appear in the Kopernicus folder in Game Data. Dunno what the rescale problem is. This mod is irresistible, and i had no issues with it in KSP version 1.1.2

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Aluminum Oxide said:

The issue is the fact that the planets are not rescaling. The Kopernicus mod was downloaded from this link:

Okay, but which version do you have?  Kopernicus has been updated at least twice in the last two days.

2 minutes ago, Aluminum Oxide said:

Also, the Kopernicus log file doesn't appear in the Kopernicus folder in Game Data. Dunno what the rescale problem is.

Is the regular KSP log appearing?

2 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Okay, but which version do you have?  Kopernicus has been updated at least twice in the last two days.

Is the regular KSP log appearing?

Version 1.1.3

The KSP regular log appears

Extract:

[LOG 18:48:08.437] Cannot find InternalProp 'RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD'
[LOG 18:48:08.437] Cannot find InternalProp 'RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD'
[LOG 18:48:08.438] Cannot find InternalProp 'RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD'
[LOG 18:48:08.539] Loading Systems: Elapsed time is 775.8111s
[WRN 18:48:10.502] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
[WRN 18:48:10.507] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
[EXC 18:48:12.188] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WhitecatIndustries.Settings.OnDestroy ()
[LOG 18:48:13.379] UIMasterController: HideUI
[LOG 18:48:13.395] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'GlobalEVEManager' from assembly 'EVEManager'
[LOG 18:48:13.396] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'AtmosphereFixer' from assembly 'Kopernicus'
[LOG 18:48:13.396] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'Injector' from assembly 'Kopernicus'
[WRN 18:48:13.397] [Kopernicus] Detected incompatible install.
Current version of KSP: 1.1.3.
Supported version of KSP: 1.1.2.
Please wait, until Kopernicus gets updated to match your version of KSP.
[LOG 18:48:13.397] [Kopernicus] Aborting...
[LOG 18:48:13.397] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'AtmosphereFixer' from assembly 'Kopernicus'
[LOG 18:48:13.398] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'Injector' from assembly 'Kopernicus'
[WRN 18:48:13.398] [Kopernicus] Detected incompatible install.
Current version of KSP: 1.1.3.
Supported version of KSP: 1.1.2.
Please wait, until Kopernicus gets updated to match your version of KSP.
[LOG 18:48:13.398] [Kopernicus] Aborting...
[LOG 18:48:13.483] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'MFIManager' from assembly 'ModularFlightIntegrator'
[LOG 18:48:13.484] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'Settings' from assembly 'OrbitalDecay'
[LOG 18:48:13.484] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'VesselData' from assembly 'OrbitalDecay'
[LOG 18:48:13.484] WhitecatIndustries - Orbital Decay - Loaded vessel data.
[LOG 18:48:13.484] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'UserInterface' from assembly 'OrbitalDecay'
[LOG 18:48:13.484] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'DecayManager' from assembly 'OrbitalDecay'
[LOG 18:48:13.484] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'SCSWindow' from assembly 'SCS'
[LOG 18:48:13.484] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'SCSManager' from assembly 'SCS'
[LOG 18:48:13.484] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'MFIManager' from assembly 'ModularFlightIntegrator'
[LOG 18:48:14.108] UIMasterController: HideUI

Also, one more thing: if you have time, could you kindly please provide me the links to the updated mods Kopernicus, and the 6.4k mod. I'm really missing playing KSP with realism!

Thanks

Question:  Were monuments previously visible in Kscale64/64k?  I thought they were all buried in plus-sized systems.  Then I saw this.  Does this mean that other eggs, arches and such, are no longer buried?

RCZOGUDm.png

Edited by Sandworm

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/24/2016 at 3:03 AM, Sandworm said:

Question:  Were monuments previously visible in Kscale64/64k?  I thought they were all buried in plus-sized systems.  Then I saw this.  Does this mean that other eggs, arches and such, are no longer buried?

RCZOGUDm.png

Historically they weren't, but either SigmaDimentions or Kerpernicus may have worked out a way to move them back up to the surface, in which case, that's awesome!

I recently tried RSS/RO and got hooked to the realism.  RP-0 was daunting and I got very, very stuck and wanted to resume a more broad, high tech, "expansive" career game before I got too frustrated (I will, however, return to conquer that thing).

But I got utterly spoiled by the large scale of RSS, but disappointed by the lack of mod support.  So I spent 2 days whipping up a realism-lite mod set using Real Fuels and most every mod for RO but with the stock configs.  Then in my search I found this awesome mod so I could still use stock engines but get the awesome challenge of scale.

Now I have to develop large, complex rockets instead of ending up with my 2nd stage with 75% fuel remaining (such a waste) as in the stock scaled game.  Everything is harder but still achievable without totally changing all the engines (and now some of the big boys from Space Y and ModRocketSystems have uses).  

So glad this exists and I thank you!  I'm never going back to the teeny tiny stock scaled KSP again! :D

Oh one question:  Are Kerbin's days 24 hour days?  

What visual packs are compatible with KScale currently?  I'm using SEVE with the cloud configs provided here, everything works good except scatterer (but according to the scatterer page it doesn't do well with rescale).

Edit:  I spent some time reading back and I may just be seeing a normal quirk of scatterer.  But SEVE is recommended a few times so I think I'm good.  

Edited by autumnalequinox

I use Stock Visual Enhancements, and it looks amazing.  There are some small issues with scatterer, but I'm sure those will be sorted out.

Oh, days are currently 12 hours, but you can easilly change it by going into KScale64.cfg and changing the value below:

12 hour day = 2,   24 hour day = 4

dayLengthMultiplier = 2

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

On 7/25/2016 at 10:48 PM, Paul Kingtiger said:

I use Stock Visual Enhancements, and it looks amazing.  There are some small issues with scatterer, but I'm sure those will be sorted out.

Oh, days are currently 12 hours, but you can easilly change it by going into KScale64.cfg and changing the value below:

12 hour day = 2,   24 hour day = 4

I found out what I thought were glitches in Scatterer were actually foggy, distant mountain peaks!  So sweet. :)  It's so great to have that gentle curvature instead of the mind bending curve of stock Kerbin.

And 12 hours is actually a nice, round number.  I kept warping mornings and thought it was 14 hours. 

I've created a sweet modpack designed to be a bridge between RO and stock.  It uses most of RO's mods, RF-stockalike realfuels, interstellar (never tried it before and figured what the hey), tons of realism enhancers and personal configs, and plenty of 5m and 7.5m launcher parts.  I'm so excited to actually need to put propellant depots in orbit now since my launchers have to struggle to get smallish payloads into orbit.  No more un-boosted stacks getting 50+ tons up.  It's really stretching my engineering skills while keeping me in my familiar comfort zone as well. :)  Plus everything feels new again.  I don't know what to expect.  I'm even excited about the prospect of going to the Mun, which used to be a ho-hum get-science and never come back sort of deal. :D

Sorry for gushing but I love it when mods make the game feel new again.  

On 7/5/2015 at 0:41 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

ditto, for the record. Added the config to add ground stations for Kerbinside, but I get nothin but KSC.

I'm getting the thing with a lightly modded install. Had to turn the heating effects down as far as they'll go even on a very shallow entry.

Sorry reply to an old post, think I've figured this out  (EDIT).

On 7/5/2015 at 6:08 AM, Citizen247 said:

Look in 64K/Compatibility/RT_Settings_Changer.cfg, that overrides the settings for RT so you either want an MM patch that overrides that, or add the ground stations there.

Does anyone have any ground station configs?  I'd like to add a few more but I can work with one. 

Edited by autumnalequinox

12 minutes ago, autumnalequinox said:

I've got RealHeat, FAR and DR.  Trying from 175k.  So far at 100% my shield blows at about 50k.  I'm going to keep walking down the stock heating setting to find something ideal.  I thought Real Heat would take care of things.  I'm trying for a 35k entry.

Does anyone have any ground station configs?  I'd like to add a few more but I can work with one. 

Give me a couple of days, I'll see if I can get you my configs for both. But note, I'm still running in 1.0.5 for my 64k install. 

22 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Give me a couple of days, I'll see if I can get you my configs for both. But note, I'm still running in 1.0.5 for my 64k install. 

Oh ok thanks!  I'm going to do some band-aids until then but def appreciated.  I am using kscale in 1.1.3 however.

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

I found NathanKell's RO-lite configs a ways back after some searching and they work ok.  I also found the RT configs.  Phew took a few hours of hunting. :)

2 hours ago, autumnalequinox said:

Is geo-sync orbit around Kerbin simply 6.4x the stock value?  Anybody been able to pin it down?  (I'm using RT for the first time and establishing my first Kerbin SOI network).

Excuse my shameless self-promotion, bit short on time at the moment. If you wade thru here:

I'm pretty sure I mention it at some point.

Also, for a 64k series so complete its practically a how-to, check this:

tho she runs a 12 hour day instead, so KSO will be different. 

For ScanSat, Sigma Dimensions rescales the best alt and max alt by the Rescale Value. Then KScale64 scales the Max Alt by 1 but the Best Alt by 1.33.

For the SAR Scanner this results in the following code, which means we can never reach the "best altitude".

max_alt = 5120000
best_alt = 6384000

Perhaps just remove the ScanSat patch completely since Sigma Dimensions handles this already with the "Resize" parameter?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.