KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

Hi all!

I'm a long time player but this is my first post. Just the idea of the mod is getting me back into KSP again. So, great job! I love the work that the modding community does.

So far, everything is working great except for the clouds. They are fine in the tracking station , but here's what it looked like from orbit: http://imgur.com/WqmVpux

I reinstalled astronomers pack at a lower resolution, and applied your configs, and got similar results. Is anyone seeing the same thing?

JPRockets: Examine my two posts above yours. Draw your own conclusions as to whether reinstalling something that (oops, my fault) bundles a broken prior release of my mod, is actually going to fix the broken thing.

Then get the DLL from the official RealSolarSystem thread.

Cool!

If nothing else, please do repack with 8.2.1 if you haven't already. That's the first actually working RSS since 8.0 :\

Final suggestion (for now :S ): the solar panel curve is for RSS. That means solar panels are roughly 3.3x as powerful in Kerbin orbit as their stats say. I suggest making another curve (using the stuff in the Technical Notes folder of the RSS repo) designed such that power = 1.0 at Kerbin's SMA.

Any idea if Duna's atmospheric scaling has been still kept same as stock, ie. 5,000m? I mean, the planet feels bigger, but still, in order to get aerocapture, we have do go to 12km or so to get there? I am wondering if increasing the scale height would solve the problem, maybe get the atmosphere up to say, 70-80km? Isn't Duna almost similar size than kerbin anyway?

Any idea if Duna's atmospheric scaling has been still kept same as stock, ie. 5,000m? I mean, the planet feels bigger, but still, in order to get aerocapture, we have do go to 12km or so to get there? I am wondering if increasing the scale height would solve the problem, maybe get the atmosphere up to say, 70-80km? Isn't Duna almost similar size than kerbin anyway?

Atmospheres are 1.23x bigger which is the default from Kerbol 6.4x. If you check the in game knowledge base it should tell you the height of the atmosphere.

I'm finding 18 hours actually works best; 12hrs still gives too much rotational boost at the equator.

I had forgotten all the *other* scales to change in the clouds and city lights, so that too. Also would work better with Overhaul, then we could have daylight cities and lots of other cool stuff :)

Well I have to say I'm having a lot of fun with this mod. In stock KSP I've landed everywhere, and now I'm surprised how hard it is to land a few kerbals on the Mun!

I have the Karbonite Mod installed and I just found out that there are no Karbonite hotspots on the Mun. Hopefully sometime this weekend I can figure out why, and I'll send any fix I find to you guys.

How about an alternate pack that uses 15 hour day as a basis?

Also, I had an idea for a plugin. I don't think the idea is big enough for it's own thread, so I'll put it here because I'd be using it with 6.4x.

Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler is recommended because you can increase the Isp in vacuum (I recommend to 1.125) of ALL engines to negate the effects of the the fuel tank mass ratios not being right. You use this so that you can use stock parts, which are already scaled 64% to real life.

How about a plugin similar to KIDS, but it scales the mass ratio of tanks? Then your engines wouldn't have Isps of 400 or so (On an SRB in Vacuum); and you can still use stock (or KW, or NovaPunch etc) parts. It would be a universal fix for ALL parts with Module FuelTank, so you don't have to make special configs for every part.

And the engines, unless I'm mistaken, are underpowered from real life, correct? If so, perhaps the same thing that KIDS does can be used with MaxThrust or the weight of the engines or whatever.

If these things are done, perhaps a stockalike redo of the tech tree is in order, with things like FL-T800 before T200; and even a few models (hopefully by Ven!) of low-tech engines. Perhaps it could be called "Better than Tiny Kerbin" :P

Edited by GregroxMun

Version 0.4 released

0.4 - 25st October 2014

• Updated to stable RSS version
  • Further improvements to clouds on all bodies
  • Solar power curve now matches Stock KSP output in Low Kerbin Orbit, the rest of the curve follows correct values.
  • Fixed stock rotation speeds, now 12 hour day (with options for 6 or 24 hours)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.