KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

11 hours ago, JebThrillMaster said:

You may have a better try over at the Sigma Thread for settings. Only thing I find wrong with SVE in 64K is cloud height and the orange/yellow glow in orbit.

I think the cloud height "bug" works.  There are times when it is out of place, but I think more often than not it gives an interesting 3d depth to the atmosphere.

Eomd0p5l.png

17 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

That Kerbin is flarping beautiful! How'd you set it up?

The textures are from KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation (via texture replacer).  The clouds are from the Environmental Visual Enhancements mod (EVE).  Then the skybox is dimmed because of the distant object enhancement mod.  I didn't do anything fancy beyond that.  The whole thing is running on a 3-year-old linux box with 8gb of ram and a mid-range graphics card.  It would probably look even better with planetshine.  But this is still 64k.  Down below 160km things get blurry fast.

aQkKChXm.pngsbzHrJAm.png
ikdC3eFm.pngBEToo28m.png

Edited by Sandworm

7 minutes ago, Sandworm said:

The textures are from KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation (via texture replacer).  The clouds are from the Environmental Visual Enhancements mod (EVE).  Then the skybox is dimmed because of the distant object enhancement mod.  I didn't do anything fancy beyond that.  It would probably look even better with planetshine.

aQkKChXm.pngsbzHrJAm.png
ikdC3eFm.pngBEToo28m.png

Same setup I have, but mine doesn't look anything like that. My clouds look better but Kerbin... not so much. By chance, are you using the tweak many pages back to restore the "bumpiness" to the Kerbin system?

14 hours ago, JebThrillMaster said:

make sure the CFG is not read only by right-clicking it and looking in it's properties.

Yeah thats not the problem lol, I can make changes and save the file but something is overwriting a number of values when I load the game, it doesnt change all of the values back only some of them, it also will delete some variables that I add.

I have the file opened and saved in Notepad++, I load ksp and I get a pop up from Notepad++ saying "another program has made changes to this file, would you like to reload it?"

13 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Same setup I have, but mine doesn't look anything like that. My clouds look better but Kerbin... not so much. By chance, are you using the tweak many pages back to restore the "bumpiness" to the Kerbin system?

Getting the better looking kerbin from orbit is down to replacing the textures im 90% sure, nothing to do with the bumpiness.

As far as cloud height is concerned, yeah getting a little depth in the atmo is awesome, but with no adjustments the clouds are showing up at the cruising height of an SR71 lol, thats a little high for me, I prefer pulling them down to a more "realistic" or "reasonable" height lol

Hi, I've been wanting to try this but I haven't seen it on ckan since the 1.1 update. After switching the filter to "All" it looks like v1.1.2 was entered as the mod's version rather than the version of KSP it's compatible with, which is still listed as v1.0.5.

Edited by BadOaks

Same here. Now that I don't have that dirty RAM limit, get All The Mods!

If the version number in the title is correct and 1.1.x does mean 1.1.2 (is it stable? haven't read the thread, sorry. :/ ) then CKAN has it wrong and we should probably bug them.

Question: Does the atmosphere bar under the altimeter reflect 64k's atmosphere correctly? Since the planet is 6.4x bigger...wouldnt the atmosphere raise too? I don't see it doing that. 

12 minutes ago, jstnj said:

Question: Does the atmosphere bar under the altimeter reflect 64k's atmosphere correctly? Since the planet is 6.4x bigger...wouldnt the atmosphere raise too? I don't see it doing that. 

I think it adjusts all atmospheres to 1.3 times the stock height. Kerbin's should extend to almost 91km. Did you install Sigma Dimensions? 

1 hour ago, lurkoholic said:

I think it adjusts all atmospheres to 1.3 times the stock height. Kerbin's should extend to almost 91km. Did you install Sigma Dimensions? 

I saw that 1.3 factor in the sigma config...maybe I was just expecting a larger difference than 1.3x? I'll check again tonight. 

2 hours ago, jstnj said:

Would Realistic Atmospheres/Bodyloader play nicely here when everything atmosphere is scaled by 1.3x?

I don't think having Realistic Atmosphere installed will break anything, but I'm not sure whether or not the 1.33x factor will be applied to the RA atmospheres.  From my experiments in the past, it looked like BodyLoader applied all its changes after the Kopernicus changes.  If that sequencing is correct and BodyLoader overwrites what Kopernicus does, then you may get RA atmospheres without the 1.33x factor.  You'll just have to try it and see what happens.  I tried to run my own experiment but I couldn't get this 64K mod to work. I don't know why it didn't work, but I just got all the stock planet sizes and orbits.

By the way, you can also rescale planets, etc. using BodyLoader.  If you download BodyLoader from @NathanKell, rather than as part of RA, there are some examples showing how to do this.

(edit 1)

OK, I got 64K working (didn't have Sigma Dimensions installed).  Realistic Atmospheres works with it but, as I feared, the 1.33x scale factor isn't working.  We get the RA atmospheres but at their normal heights.  Let me play around with it and see if I can get BodyLoader to rescale the RA atmospheres.  I'll get back to you.

(edit 2)

Got it.:)  Just copy the following code into a cfg file and save it to your GameDate/BodyLoader/ folder.  I named my file RescaleAtmo.cfg. though I don't think the name really matters.  It will rescale the RA atmospheres to the intended 1.33x factor.

@CELESTIALBODIES
{
	%globalRescaleAtmo = 1.33
}

Edited by OhioBob

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I don't think having Realistic Atmosphere installed will break anything, but I'm not sure whether or not the 1.33x factor will be applied to the RA atmospheres.  From my experiments in the past, it looked like BodyLoader applied all its changes after the Kopernicus changes.  If that sequencing is correct and BodyLoader overwrites what Kopernicus does, then you may get RA atmospheres without the 1.33x factor.  You'll just have to try it and see what happens.  I tried to run my own experiment but I couldn't get this 64K mod to work. I don't know why it didn't work, but I just got all the stock planet sizes and orbits.

By the way, you can also rescale planets, etc. using BodyLoader.  If you download BodyLoader from @NathanKell, rather than as part of RA, there are some examples showing how to do this.

(edit 1)

OK, I got 64K working (didn't have Sigma Dimensions installed).  Realistic Atmospheres works with it but, as I feared, the 1.33x scale factor isn't working.  We get the RA atmospheres but at their normal heights.  Let me play around with it and see if I can get BodyLoader to rescale the RA atmospheres.  I'll get back to you.

(edit 2)

Got it.:)  Just copy the following code into a cfg file and save it to your GameDate/BodyLoader/ folder.  I named my file RescaleAtmo.cfg. though I don't think the name really matters.  It will rescale the RA atmospheres to the intended 1.33x factor.

@CELESTIALBODIES
{
	%globalRescaleAtmo = 1.33
}

Cool thanks! I'll give it a go tonight. 

Not really sure where to ask this, so I will start here:

Anyone know of any configs that converts Kerbin Side to work with this?  I have been looking and looking, and have found nothing.  I wouldnt mind doing it myself if it doesnt exist, but I dont even know where to start with the math for converting the coordinates for a sphere 6.4x as big.

If what I am looking for doesnt actually exist, but someone does have a better handle on the math and would like to give me a hand with it, I would be more than happy to do the grunt work to get it working. (Itll probably take a while, but it will be SO worth it.

I was just putting up my first RemoteTech contract satellite at geosynchronous orbit and I noticed that the ranges of the antennas were way too high... 6.4 times higher. By which I do not mean 6.4 times what they are set up for in "stock" RemoteTech, but rather 6.4 x 6.4 times greater. For example, the Communotron DTS-M1 Stock range is normally 50Mm, it should be 6.4 times that for 64k, or 320 Mm, but it was showing 2.05 Gm range. Each other antenna on board was also equally over ranged.

So I checked and of course the RemoteTech_64K.cfg file multiplies it by 6.4 times as I expected it would;

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
    {
        @Mode0DishRange *= 6.4
        @Mode1DishRange *= 6.4
        @Mode0OmniRange *= 6.4
        @Mode1OmniRange *= 6.4
    }
}

But then I found RemoteTech had also increased the range by 6.4 times to match the rescale factor. I guess that was done to help support all of the various rescales, Sigma Dimensions etc.

So, for anyone playing with the current version of Remotech, if you want to have the intended "multiplied by 6.4"  ranges for antennas it's easier to change RemoteTech than it is to edit the config file, Just open RemoteTech while at the KSC scene, select the "WorldScale" tab and if the Range Multiplier is at 6.4 reduce it to 1.0 or as close as you can get to it on the slider.

And then all your communications failures will be back to normal :)

Edited by EatVacuum
Corrections and example

On 5/17/2016 at 10:43 PM, EatVacuum said:

I was just putting up my first RemoteTech contract satellite at geosynchronous orbit and I noticed that the ranges of the antennas were way too high... 6.4 times higher. By which I do not mean 6.4 times what they are set up for in "stock" RemoteTech, but rather 6.4 x 6.4 times greater. For example, the Communotron DTS-M1 Stock range is normally 50Mm, it should be 6.4 times that for 64k, or 320 Mm, but it was showing 2.05 Gm range. Each other antenna on board was also equally over ranged.

Good to know.  I'll remove that config file from the next version if RemoteTech is already taking care of it

1 hour ago, nosirrbro said:

Two questions:

1. Does this work with scatterer 

2. Does this make SSTOs essentially impossible

To me, it makes them easier, as I get more time in the atmosphere to accelerate before having to switch to rockets.

4 hours ago, nosirrbro said:

Two questions:

1. Does this work with scatterer 

2. Does this make SSTOs essentially impossible

To #1, yes, it does. Works with Stock Visual Enhancements too.

And for #2, I've yet to build a reliable SSTO in 6.4 scales. Apparently I just am either a really bad pilot or a really bad engineer (or worse, both!).

21 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

Hmm, having difficulties getting the mod to work...

Any common problems/mistakes I should know about?

Make sure you have Sigma Dimensions installed. It's a dependency, but it's easy to forget.

Also Kopernicus is a dependency, but I believe that's bundled.

48 minutes ago, Raptor831 said:

Make sure you have Sigma Dimensions installed. It's a dependency, but it's easy to forget.

Also Kopernicus is a dependency, but I believe that's bundled.

Ah, didn't see the sigma dependancy, that'd do it :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.