KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

tater et al, I am currently having a blast playing career. Indeed, I find the rewards on Normal to be a bit too easy (though Hard for funds was a bit too little cash). I've been playing without RealFuels, although with all other realism mods (and yes, KIDS with multipliers of 1.0 but thrust correction enaged), including AJE, and it's great.

I did roll my own fork of Stock Rebalance, and made a few tweaks to KSAEA (and will make some more, since I want to start with .625m parts).

Fine Print is great too.

The only problems you will run into on career are:

1. A lot of the stock contracts' altitudes are hard-coded, thus you will get "test suborbital" or "orbit" contracts with altitudes inside the atmosphere.

2. Stock/FP contract rewards don't realize how expensive it is to go BLKO vs. Low Kerbin Orbit, and thus while orbital contracts may pay too much, "build a 20 ton station on the surface of the Mun" may pay vastly too little.

Preliator,

This mod depends on several others listed in the OP. RSS, FAR/NEAR, and DRE do not support the Windows 64-bit version of KSP 0.25. They will work just fine on 64-bit Linux, but several mod authors have stated that the Windows version is too unstable to support with mods.

That is also SQUAD's position – they encourage trying to support Win x64, but it may not be possible until KSP and Unity are both updated.

Eve's rotation should be somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 the speed it was in stock KSP, depending on which rotation-speed configs you're using.

Here is, as promised, my generic DRE patch (place it *above* the existing patches in the DRE patch file in the 64K folder):

// Wildcard
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleHeatShield]]:FINAL
{
@maxTemp = 1800
@MODULE[ModuleHeatShield]
{
@loss
{
@key,1 ^= :^1000 ::
@key,1 ^= : 0 0::
@key,1 *= 3
@key,1 ^= :$: 0 0:
@key,1 ^= :^:2500 :

@key,2 ^= :^3000 ::
@key,2 ^= : 0 0::
@key,2 *= 5
@key,2 ^= :$: 0 0:
@key,2 ^= :^:7500 :
}
@dissipation
{
@key,1 ^= :^500:400:
}
}
}

Paul, can you put this on github so I can do PRs? :)

This is.. a work of art. I'm not certain I could read it with the MM owners manual, much less write it. *bow* This will make my next 64x save *very* interesting. (Limited to only a few pods for reentry is unfortunate, and my edit jobs on the other shields were... well, patchy ><)

That's the Isp Difficulty mod, right? That mod was made because stock Kerbin is so small, reaching orbit takes a trivial amount of delta-V. That problem doesn't exist in any of the RSS scaled-up systems, so you're just pointlessly handicapping yourself. Most people use Real Fuels and one of the RF configs that makes rocket engines more capable than stock, not less.

No no no. You can scale UP the Isp and also simply use it for thrust variance with Isp.

komodo: Thanks :]

Note that it doesn't actually scale up the effectiveness at all, just the loss rate. One might also want to increase the dissipation rate a bit, and for some things take the loss rate down a bit (my shields are hovering at about 400C on reentry, and run out to fast.) But the main point is that it's possible to change the stuff by math. :)

Anyone tried the 6.4 config with Fine Print? Last time I looked through the code on that plugin, it was defining orbit by the defined planetary variables, so you could technically get contracts for the proper heights. Never tried it though.

Also, Paul, I'd love it if you put this on GitHub. I'd love to help out when I can via pull requests.

Only issue I had with FinePrint was with sub-orbital flights. Max altitude for some of those contracts can often be under 91km and thus never give you the "suborbital" flag.

Me too - fine print is generally achieving a much more successfull fist of things than the system contracts (its only a matter of time before I accidentally accept one of those 'rescue XXX Kerman' contracts - it'd be ok if they showed the orbital properties of said Kerbal so you could check beforehand, but AIUI the orbits are always way too low to be out of atmo in 6.4x

Me too - fine print is generally achieving a much more successfull fist of things than the system contracts (its only a matter of time before I accidentally accept one of those 'rescue XXX Kerman' contracts - it'd be ok if they showed the orbital properties of said Kerbal so you could check beforehand, but AIUI the orbits are always way too low to be out of atmo in 6.4x

I've been using 6.4x Kerbin (using the more manual install; just now switched to this*) for a while, and the "rescue Kerbal" missions were always at 600km-ish altitude. Even stock Rescue Kerbal missions have been, in my experience, at 100km, which is a touch outside atmosphere.

*Broken mod installation = kaboom, might as well restart with this. The configs for EVE/AVP have been wonderful.

In any event, I'm presently playing with Mission Controller Extended (it comes with a hardcoded RSS config), so I'll see how that goes.

AFAIK all Fine Print contracts are fine. The only problematic contracts are the stock "test part suborbital" and "test part in orbit" contracts, which use hardcoded altitude ranges. The Rescue Kerbal contracts use the asteroid generation code IIRC, so they're fine.

I have played career on this just fine with Fine Print. Unlike stock KSP, Fine Print doesn't hardcode orbital altitude...

I'm waiting for 0.90 to use FinePrint and/or CustomBiomes. It's sort of a self-rule that I never use a mod that's about the be implemented so that it really feels like an ADDITION.

I have played career on this just fine with Fine Print. Unlike stock KSP, Fine Print doesn't hardcode orbital altitude...

Is it possible to softcodilize the orbital altitudes? Or do I not understand what "Hardcode" means?

Yeah, I probably don't understand what Hardcode means...

EDIT: Is it possible to still do a part test contract in suborbital or orbital space while still being in the atmosphere? The game music still recognises 70km as "space".

Yea suborbital contracts are HARD with this. By hard I just mean really really really funky to get the game to recognize my trajectory as suborbital. Ended up needing to cheat in infinite fuel for one as the rocket the probe was attached to only had enough propellant to get a suborbital trajectory. Mind you this is stock contracts.

I made a 8k textures.

But I had to change the RealSolarSystem.cfg

Kerbin
{

SSFStart = 78000
SSFEnd = 80000
PQSfadeStart = 80000
PQSfadeEnd = 120000
PQSSecfadeStart = 80000
PQSSecfadeEnd = 120000
PQSdeactivateAltitude = 125000

PQSCity
{
KEYname = KSC
latitude = -0.076
longitude = -74.425
repositionToSphereSurface = false
repositionRadiusOffset = 35
lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
}
PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
{

radius = 50000 //8500
heightMapDeformity = 65 //120
absoluteOffset = 0 //10
absolute = true
latitude = -0.076//-0.076
longitude = -74.65//-74.425
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightNoiseVertHeightCurve2
{
deformity = 7000
ridgedAddFrequency = 64
ridgedSubFrequency = 32
simplexHeightStart = 6000
simplexHeightEnd = 8500
simplexPersistance = 0.6

}
PQSMod_VertexRidgedAltitudeCurve
{
deformity = 2250 //1650
ridgedAddFrequency = 140
simplexHeightStart = 4000 //5000
simplexHeightEnd = 9000
simplexPersistence = 0.5
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMapOffset = -2900//-1746.4 //-1886.4
heightMapDeformity = 9500 //9141.5
}
PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
{
deformity = 900 //1200
persistence = 0.5 //0.38
frequency = 32
}
}

I did this because in DefaultConfig rivers and lakes have disappeared and coastline seriously distort.

This shows what I mean.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

But there is one problem. The island runway is now stuck in the air. I do not know can it move in the config?

I made a 8k textures.

Kerbin
{

SSFStart = 78000
SSFEnd = 80000
PQSfadeStart = 80000
PQSfadeEnd = 120000
PQSSecfadeStart = 80000
PQSSecfadeEnd = 120000

PQSCity
{
KEYname = KSC
latitude = -0.076
longitude = -74.425
lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
}
PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
{

radius = 50000 //8500
absoluteOffset = 0 //10
absolute = true
}
{
deformity = 7000
ridgedAddFrequency = 64
ridgedSubFrequency = 32
simplexHeightEnd = 8500
simplexPersistance = 0.6

}
{
deformity = 2250 //1650
ridgedAddFrequency = 140
simplexHeightEnd = 9000
simplexPersistence = 0.5
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
}
{
deformity = 900 //1200
persistence = 0.5 //0.38
frequency = 32
}
}

I did this because in DefaultConfig rivers and lakes have disappeared and coastline seriously distort.

This shows what I mean.

http://imgur.com/a/GYWi3

But there is one problem. The island runway is now stuck in the air. I do not know can it move in the config?

This stuff is awesome. If we get the island airstrip stuff sorted can we add it to the download (with credits of course)

I made a 8k textures.

Kerbin
{

SSFStart = 78000
SSFEnd = 80000
PQSfadeStart = 80000
PQSfadeEnd = 120000
PQSSecfadeStart = 80000
PQSSecfadeEnd = 120000

PQSCity
{
KEYname = KSC
latitude = -0.076
longitude = -74.425
lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
}
PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
{

radius = 50000 //8500
absoluteOffset = 0 //10
absolute = true
}
{
deformity = 7000
ridgedAddFrequency = 64
ridgedSubFrequency = 32
simplexHeightEnd = 8500
simplexPersistance = 0.6

}
{
deformity = 2250 //1650
ridgedAddFrequency = 140
simplexHeightEnd = 9000
simplexPersistence = 0.5
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
}
{
deformity = 900 //1200
persistence = 0.5 //0.38
frequency = 32
}
}

This shows what I mean.

http://imgur.com/a/GYWi3

Hey great jeb. I was messing around with this to. Looking at the stock RSS, they have a height map. Did you try making one or using the stock one?

This stuff is awesome. If we get the island airstrip stuff sorted can we add it to the download (with credits of course)

of course

Hey great jeb. I was messing around with this to. Looking at the stock RSS, they have a height map. Did you try making one or using the stock one?

Yes I try. But in this case it is hell of piece of pixelhunting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.