[KSP 1.8.1] SCANsat [v19.1] -- Dev version [February 20, 2020]

DMagic

8 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@OhioBob I'm not sure what the problem is, it works fine for me with GPP and the latest version of Kopernicus. 

What GPP and Kopernicus version numbers are you using?

I know there were several things in GPP that were broken by Kopernicus 1.3 (mainly PQSMod stuff).  We've been working on getting a 1.3-compatible version of GPP ready for release.  It's this GPP dev version with Kopernicus 1.3.0-2 that I've been using.

Edited by OhioBob

On 7.6.2017 at 10:14 PM, hraban said:

Will send you the Log tomorrow.

Hello DMagic,

After an in-depth analysis it could be found that the problem of the 'non-closable window' only occurs with older imported games. Newly created games with newly created ScanSat objects do not produce this error.

27 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@OhioBob I would need to be able to use whatever dev build of GPP you have to be able to help diagnose any problems.

It's just what's on the github. Download the full master branch and the GPP_Textures branch and make sure you have the latest Kopernicus (https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.3.0-2). 

It turns out there is another problem with closing the big map.

If you open it from the toolbar menu button, this thing:

5UVE8gl.png

It won't set the state of the toolbar button correctly, so the button thinks the window is still closed. This means that if you push the button again, without closing the toolbar menu, it will open another big map window, orphaning the old one.

It should be an easy fix.

Version 17.8 is out; get it on GitHub.

It fixes a but that was allowing more than one big map window to be opened at the same time.

It also adds a few more localization strings (16 words, total) for UI labels, specifically, the labels on the big map and zoom map drop down menus (projection, map type, etc...) and the labels on the settings tabs (general settings, resource settings, etc...), these will all need to be translated.

Final translations (expect for the above) for Chinese have been added by Summerfirefly.

Edited by DMagic

@DocRockwell That's because someone either hasn't updated their Kopernicus planets for KSP 1.3, or hasn't done it properly (or possibly Kopernicus hasn't been updated properly). All biomes need a localized name now (regardless of whether any translations are actually available), and SCANsat reads that value.

Just now, DMagic said:

@DocRockwell That's because someone either hasn't updated their Kopernicus planets for KSP 1.3, or hasn't done it properly (or possibly Kopernicus hasn't been updated properly). All biomes need a localized name now (regardless of whether any translations are actually available), and SCANsat reads that value.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Do you have an example of how localized biome names should appear in RSS Kopernicus .cfg files? I wouldn't mind making a little patch, for the Earth and Moon at least, while RSS is officially being updated.

Cheers!

Is the ScanSat pack listed below redundant compared to the contracts that already come with Scansat?

I still enjoy the old contact pack, what with launching the Maxwell I & Geoeye I satellites and having to de-orbit the old sats as part of the mission requirement. I even managed to stop it spitting out ERR messages in the KSP log file with a little mod the cfg file.

Edited by wile1411

@DocRockwell It looks like Kopernicus is the culprit and will need to be updated to handle the way that biomes are displayed now.

@wile1411 That contract pack is somewhat redundant, but if you prefer that type you can either use it together with the included contracts, or just delete the included contracts found in the SCANsat/Resources folder.

@DMagic I think I may have stumbled across a bug, made a video of it to show you. I did realize while I was editing I two versions behind, but I don't see anything in the change logs that sounds like my issue. I've also included a dropbox link with my output log  and persistence file. thank you for your time

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jvlzh84tiorucbp/AACyG7v0xXLP4EpfVrCgng9wa?dl=0

@vardicd Can you try it with the latest version? There are a couple of bugs in 17.6, they probably don't affect this, but they really clog up the log files, and may have other strange effects.

I've seen the same odd effects occur in the past, but that was due to some very specific problems with how overlay maps were removed when changing scenes.

49 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@vardicd Can you try it with the latest version? There are a couple of bugs in 17.6, they probably don't affect this, but they really clog up the log files, and may have other strange effects.

I've seen the same odd effects occur in the past, but that was due to some very specific problems with how overlay maps were removed when changing scenes.

yeah I'd already downloaded the latest version, and planned to upload logs from the up to date version, but it'll be late tomorrow at the very earliest. many activities planned with the Eve Online alliance tonight/tomorrow morning. Will get back to you on this.

On 19/06/2017 at 11:55 AM, 影之瑒 said:

May I ask when this mod can support Ckan?

This is the dev topic of SCANsat.

The official release of this mod is already on CKAN. Just look for SCANsat (but the current version does not support 1.3.0 yet.)

Edited by Vive_moi