[KSP 1.8.1] SCANsat [v19.1] -- Dev version [February 20, 2020]

DMagic

Hi Upgraded from 8.1 to this version to get some of the features working for Kerbonite, I have a btdt scanner on an aircraft which i use to identify the anomalies with, this appears to no longer work nothing shows up in the instrument window (yes its turned on ) and no anomaly is identified can you advise if this is broken as i know this is a dev version. The anomalies are marked on the big map everything else is working perfectly except for anomaly identification

Recently installed version 8.0 of scansat worked fine then I installed version 9.0 because i wanted to do resource scanning for Karbonite however Nothing seems to work at all in that it will generate a grey map with the multispectral scanner and nothing else no biome maps work no altimetry maps and every type of scan LO HI and all that are constantly orange regardless of altiltude even on the launchpawhich is supposed to mean that you are too high. Even downgraded back to version 8.0 and now this doesn't work also in the settings menu it says vessels 0, sensors 0, and passes 0. If necessary i will post the output log. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.Just wondering if it is a common problem/easy fix.

I noticed that there is no map display when scanning for Uraninite. Is that a issue with scansat or Regolith?

THX to DMagic... here is the solution for the Uraninite problem:

1. Edit /Gamedata/ScanSAT/Resources/SCANresource.cfg ... Change Uranium to Uraninite

2. Add to your scanning part the new sensortype... in this case for Karbonite, Ore, Minerals, Substrate Water and Uraninite it should be sensortype=369792, you can add this via ModuleManager e.g. Planetary Survey Camera from MKS.

@PART[MKS_Antenna]:NEEDS[KolonyTools&Karbonite&SCANsat]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[SCANsat]
{
@sensorType = 369792
}
}

THX to DMagic... here is the solution for the Uraninite problem:

1. Edit /Gamedata/ScanSAT/Resources/SCANresource.cfg ... Change Uranium to Uraninite

2. Add to your scanning part the new sensortype... in this case for Karbonite, Ore, Minerals, Substrate Water and Uraninite it should be sensortype=369792, you can add this via ModuleManager e.g. Planetary Survey Camera from MKS.

@PART[MKS_Antenna]:NEEDS[KolonyTools&Karbonite&SCANsat]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[SCANsat]
{
@sensorType = 369792
}
}

The 1st part I understand how to do, but as far as the second part I have no clue. 😢

If you use MKS and Karbonite. Just copy the code above to a new yourname.cfg file, created with editor or notepad etc. and place this file somewhere in gamedata.

Simplier but gone after updates... Open /gamdata/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/SCANsat.cfg and change sensortype = 106624 (Ore,Minerals,Water,Substrate) to 107648 for adding Uraninite or to 369792 for adding Uraninite and Karbonite. You can edit /gamdata/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/SCANsat.cfg, too.

Hi Upgraded from 8.1 to this version to get some of the features working for Kerbonite, I have a btdt scanner on an aircraft which i use to identify the anomalies with, this appears to no longer work nothing shows up in the instrument window (yes its turned on ) and no anomaly is identified can you advise if this is broken as i know this is a dev version. The anomalies are marked on the big map everything else is working perfectly except for anomaly identification

I seem to be having this problem too. Latest dev version 9.4.1.

-edit: Ack! I figured out what I needed to do:

1. Scan the surface with a multi-spectral scanner.

2. Open the 'instruments' tab from either the large or small map will using a BTDT scanner.

I had forgotten that it was the multi-spectral/biome scanner that reveals the anomalies initially. Whoever said Modded KSP doesn't have a learning curve? :P

Edited by Sarxis

Hi,

First of all, I’m a total noob to mods, so please bear with me. I badly need some help. I love this game especially with MKS/OKS and Karbonite. It adds so much dimension to the game. However, I’m having problems with scansat. It’s not working for me with displaying the maps. I’ve tried a vanilla install with scansat. The maps do not display. I tried with MKS/OKS Karbonite and scansat no luck. What the hell I’m doing wrong? I have a couple of questions. When I unzip MKS, I place the 000 USItoolbar, community recoursepack, regolith USI with the koloniztion in my game data file. SO when I unzip Karonite and place in my game data---do I overwrite the 000 USItoolbar, community resource pack, regolith that already the from the MKS? Or does it matter? All mods are the most up to date. I added some screen shots. Any feedback would be helpful, and thanks to the writers of these mods. You guys are awesome.<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k160/medicloft/screenshot5_zps0ebb6d00.png' alt='screenshot5_zps0ebb6d00.png'>

Well you've only scanned Kerbin with a multi-spectral scanner, but you are displaying an altimetry map. The multi-spec scanner only reveals biomes and anomalies. You need to use the RADAR or SAR scanner to reveal terrain data.

Not sure that this is a problem with ScanSat or with Tech Manager. I've got bot ScanSat 9.4.1 and Tech Manager 1.5 (amungst other mods) on my 0.9 game. I'm running a Career mode and selected the default CTT_01 tree when I first started my game. It seems that by default the ScanSat modules do not appear anywhere on the tree. However, if I press ALT+f7, the "Orbital Surveys" and "Advanced Sensors" research options will appear, at least until I exit out of the research facility and come back in. Is this an issue with TechManager?

Just a quick comment here.. I'm finding the karbonite overlay difficult to 'read' visually.

It's a low-contrast orange overlay semi-transparent over a high-contrast black and white altimetry map.. I can certainly discern which areas have karbonite and which don't, but telling apart higher concentrations from lower concentrations is just difficult with the underlying altimetry map affecting the coloration of the orange.

Just a quick comment here.. I'm finding the karbonite overlay difficult to 'read' visually.

It's a low-contrast orange overlay semi-transparent over a high-contrast black and white altimetry map.. I can certainly discern which areas have karbonite and which don't, but telling apart higher concentrations from lower concentrations is just difficult with the underlying altimetry map affecting the coloration of the orange.

Feel free to play around with the resource color settings to try and find something that works better. If you can come up with colors that work better submit them as a pull request to this file on the GitHub repo.

All of the resource colors are defined in the GameData/SCANsat/Resources/SCANresource.cfg file. The ColorEmpty and ColorFull fields are 0-1 RGB color values. The ColorEmpty defines the color at the low concentration range and ColorFull defines it at the high range. These concentrations are defined based on the Regolith resource settings and might actually have serious problems if you are using multiple definitions for a single resource on the same planet (ie overwriting the default regolith settings); this is an area that needs work, but is separate from the colors themselves.

Afraid I'm not versed in the scripting language, DMagic. But I have fooled around; I found it worked to lower the terrain maximum scale in the color options - it dropped the contrast of the underlay quite nicely.

Can anyone tell me what the scannertype variable does? I'm trying to add resource readouts to the right click menu of the scan-o-matic soil sample part from MKS like it used to have, because it's .cfg files are still seeking orsx...

Can I add Karbonite scanning to the MKS_Antenna(Planetary Survey Camera) ?

I added the module to the part:

MODULE

{

name = REGO_ModuleResourceScanner

ScannerType = 0

ResourceName = Karbonite

MaxAbundanceAltitude = 500000

}

Karbonite shows up on the right click menu, but doesn't show up in the scansat maps, unless I use the Karbonite Scanner. I have an existing save with Probes all over the place, and would rather not have to send out a bunch of new probes.

Thanks for any assistance!

Thanks Errol. The right click menu for the Camera does show Karbonite values, but scansat isn't recording it.

For your question on scannertype, I assume it's referring to the resource type(from CRP cfgs). Might be wrong tough.

//Resource types:

// 0 = Crustal (Stuff you dig up)

// 1 = Oceanic (Stuff in the oceans)

// 2 = Atmospheric (Stuff in the air, varies with pressure)

// 3 = Interplanetary (Stuff you find between planets)

EDIT: To get the Camera to see Karbonite, I needed to change the "sensorType" value in the MM cfg in the Umbra/Kolonization folder. The value comes from adding all of the values - from the scansat mod folder resource definition cfg, together that you want to be scanned for(sum). 368768 is the needed value.

Edited by Jarardo1

I'm not sure. I haven't actually tried using my modded scanOmatic yet, I just did a dry run of my first manned soil return mission to the mun and messed up the landing. Now that I know where my dV tunning needs to be I'll likely get a chance to play with my new toy tonight. Let me know how things go with your mods.