[KSP 1.8.1] SCANsat [v19.1] -- Dev version [February 20, 2020]

DMagic

I'd say it'll be ok to make it compatible with FP, but for people that doesn't use it (like me) there should still be scansat-contracts. in normal career i already got missions to place satellites in reasonable orbits for ScanSat or RemoteTech probes, so I think the existing missions just need an update on some of their parameters (change orbit , add antennas/scanners).

Well, it's mostly that Fineprint already implemented a contract gui that may be able to do that kind of stuff and that it is now vanilla(0.90).... So I would say it is just a matter of looking into FP documentation to see if there's a way to do this, and then we would not have to write another dll ?

I didn't take a look at the docs yet, I don't even know if it's well documented, but you may be able to ask FB to check the bits of SCANsat maps for specific values or something ...

SCANsat version 9 release candidate 4 is out, get it on GitHub.

The biome issues have been fixed and you can now scan all planets for biomes.

Regolith support has been included in this version and ORSX support dropped. The overlays, resource selection, and resource scanning work the same as in the previous release.

Downloaded v9rc3 30 minutes ago and was sad to see the big map not working, came here to post screenshots and found rc4!

Thank you so much, without this mod i didn't even want to start playing, so now I am confirming everything works so far.

UPDATE: Ugh... having to switch to 8.1 SCANsat, and terminating the affected ships out of the sky, I no longer have my current problem (ships/satellites ripping themselves apart), even IF 8.1 isn't fully compatible with Karbonite. If I switch from 8.1 to the 9.4Dev now... will I get the same problem again? Thanks in advance.

I am having a big problem with the big map too: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=359954347

At first, all of the left column buttons were all squished on top of each other. Then once the map started its update, it just turned grey without any altimetry data. The small map was updating though.

I'll see if any of the mods I have are causing this. bbl

-edit-

Thing is, the large map is working fine in the Space Center view.. it just isn't working properly in normal, vehicle view.

Here's what I mean about the interface being squished before it tries updating: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=359966167

mods-

KSP: 0.90 (Win32) - Unity: 4.5.5f1 - OS: Windows Vista (6.0.6000) 64bit

USI Tools - 0.3

Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.6

Community Resource Pack - 0.3.1

DMagic Orbital Science - 0.9.1

Karbonite - 0.5

Karbonite Plus - 0.3

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

RCS Build Aid - 0.5.4

Regolith - 0.1.1

SCANsat - 1.0.9.3

USI Exploration Pack - 0.3

Freight Transport Tech - 0.3

MKS - 0.22

Universal Storage (Core) - 1.0

Universal Storage (KAS) - 1.0

Switched to 8.1 for now. :)

Edited by Sarxis

The orbit overlays, which are on by default, break when using the first tier tracking station. Either upgrade the tracking station or manually turn off the orbit overlay in the save file (if you can't figure out how on your own then I don't trust you enough not to break your save file, so I won't explain how).

For grid-like resource maps make sure you are using the latest version of Regolith, which may not be included in whatever resource-using addon you have.

The orbit overlays, which are on by default, break when using the first tier tracking station. Either upgrade...

Yeah... I did this in a Sandbox Mode file. I suppose it's as simple as clicking off the icons in the upper toolbar to turn off the orbit overlay?

Though, how would turning it off help when I fly the ships, if I can ask (I'm curious, not being a jerk)?

Edited by Dire_Squid