[KSP 1.8.1] SCANsat [v19.1] -- Dev version [February 20, 2020]

DMagic

@DMagic There seems to be a minor inconsistency in the way the information text at the bottom of the main map and zoom map windows show anomalies. In the main map the text says "Anomaly: <name>" whereas in the zoom map it shows "?: <name>"

Spoiler

These images were taken in Galileo Planet Pack if that makes a difference.

PS: second image also shows a potential problem with orbital science's anomalous signal detector in my (VERY) heavily modded save - it always shows "No anomalous signal detected" even when I'm right next to an anomaly (log).

@Aelfhe1m The differences in labels are intended since the zoom map has the potential to be much smaller and there are certain circumstances where the text might run over.

The Orbital Science anomaly scanner doesn't work with the ground stations since they are technically not the same thing as the regular anomalies. It will need to be updated to fix that.

16 minutes ago, DMagic said:

The differences in labels are intended since the zoom map has the potential to be much smaller and there are certain circumstances where the text might run over

I thought that might be the case but just wanted to check.

16 minutes ago, DMagic said:

The Orbital Science anomaly scanner doesn't work with the ground stations since they are technically not the same thing as the regular anomalies. It will need to be updated to fix that.

I can understand the tracking stations not working, they are quite new after all :wink:, but it's also not working for me with the regular monoliths. The same rover visited monolith00 and monolith02 on Gael but couldn't get a reading from either:

Spoiler

6tcN3HN.png

PS: They are identified in SCANsat maps as monolith00 and monolith02

Edited by Aelfhe1m
added PS

• 2 weeks later...

Version 17.6 is out; get it on GitHub.

It is updated for KSP 1.3 and has many localization related changes. These include support for localizing the part descriptions, science results and most of the part action window text. The existing help tooltips, window tooltips, and popup warnings now use the stock system for localization.

There are also a number of fixes and tweaks since the last version. The background scanning toggles should work now. The anomaly icons align the circle at the bottom of the question mark directly over the anomaly, Celestial body lists are now ordered by distance to the sun and moons are grouped with their parent planet, TextMesh Pro is used for all input fields, a science point exploit has been fixed, and a new part module is used to define science experiments. This new module allows for better handling of combined parts where you might want multiple experiments on the same scanner.

Native support for localized celestial body names, resource names, and biome names is also included.

pN8wdZj.png

Russian translations for the tooltips and warning have been provided by Ser. @Ser

bmMigJi.png

Edited by DMagic

@DMagic Well ok, at least rest of text can be translated. 

However if you ever would like to allow to translate that, then I will be waiting. :)

Thank you very much, man!

Edited by Moskit

2 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@Angel-125 Yep, since 17.1. Check the bottom of this post, the same button and function is present on the zoom map.

Squeee! :) Thank you so much for updating SCANSat! It works much much much better than stock.

Edited by Angel-125

Heya!

@DMagic

Been using SCANsat for quite some while now and have been always enjoying it! :)

I would like to contribute at least 'something', so I already started making a German localization for SCANsat, but oddly, I can't find the precise github link to the localization files anymore and I'm not versed enough with Github to browse throug 11 dimensions of layered folders :D

Could you provide a link?

I have only a a third of the helptips left before completion and someone can proof-read it.

@h0yer This is the folder with all of the files: https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/tree/dev/SCANassets/Resources/Localization

I'll probably be adding a few more strings to localize in future updates.

And if you, or anyone else, plans on translating the science results (there is quite a bit of text) don't worry about being too literal, those can really be anything.

Thanks for providing the link so fast, awesome :)

Regarding the science results:

I tried to convey the 'feel' of the original, but some of the 'Kerbal humor' is as difficult to translate as Mel Brooks or Monty Python humor from the English original into German, without sounding really really weird :D

UPDATE:

I ended up forking the entire SCANsat thingy and edited everything on my end of the fork^^

You may grab it from there, If that way is of no inconvenience.

https://github.com/h0yer/SCANsat/tree/dev/SCANassets/Resources/Localization

I did some google spellchecking, so most keyboard-wear-and-tear-typos should have been eliminated.

But it definitely needs some checking for carriage returns, I missed a lot of those backslash-n-doodads and my machine isn't really suitable for judging where to put such things, since I run a scaled up GUI on a 4k screen and I squint a lot^^

Cheers!

Updated update:

I think I managed to push you a pull request^^

Edited by h0yer
Updated update

Version 17.7 is out; get it on GitHub.

It fixes a bug with the SCANsat resource scanners, fixes a bug that was preventing warning popups from being dismissed in some cases, and points the AVC .version file at the correct remote URL.

Complete translations have been added for Spanish (thanks @Deltathiago98) and German (thanks @h0yer; you'll have to manually set KSP to German by changing the language field in the buildID files to "de"), and a partial translation for Chinese (thanks Summerfirefly), it's only missing the science results and the help tooltips in the settings menu. If anyone is able to, it would be great if you could help with proof-reading these. The actual files can be found in the SCANsat/Resources/Localization folder.

@DMagic, I think I've found a bug with v17.7.  From the main map view I click on "Celestial Body" to change bodies, but there are only 6 bodies listed and can't scroll to see anymore.  I know I've visited and scanned more bodies than are listed, but I can't select them.

@OhioBob Do you mean this window isn't scrolling, or there aren't any additional bodies listed?

HgwCeuT.png

It's working fine for me. Is there anything in the logs when the window is opened or when you try to change the body?

Also, can you try to open the Color Management tab of the settings window and try to select a different body for the terrain or resource settings? Those selection menus are independent of what has been scanned, but otherwise work the same.

Edited by DMagic

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

@OhioBob Do you mean this window isn't scrolling, or there aren't any additional bodies listed?

HgwCeuT.png

It's working fine for me. Is there anything in the logs when the window is opened or when you try to change the body?

Also, can you try to open the Color Management tab of the settings window and try to select a different body for the terrain or resource settings? Those selection menus are independent of what has been scanned, but otherwise work the same.

Yes, that's the window I'm talking about.  But mine doesn't have the scroll bar...  

scansat1.jpg

I've scanned the bodies listed, plus two others (Augustus and Tarsiss).  When I go to the Color Management tab there is an scroll bar and I can select any body.

I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be looking for in the logs, but I do see this:

[LOG 12:43:38.665] [SCANsat] SCANsat Controller: Loading 1 known vessels
[LOG 12:43:38.666] [SCANsat] SCANsat Controller: Loading map for Lili
[LOG 12:43:38.668] [SCANsat] SCANsat Controller: Loading map for Tellumo
[LOG 12:43:38.671] [SCANsat] SCANsat Controller: Loading map for Niven
[LOG 12:43:38.673] [SCANsat] SCANsat Controller: Loading map for Gratian
[LOG 12:43:38.675] [SCANsat] SCANsat Controller: Loading map for Augustus
[LOG 12:43:38.678] [SCANsat] SCANsat Controller: Loading map for Tarsiss
[LOG 12:43:38.680] [SCANsat] SCANsat Controller: Loading map for Gael

So apparently the maps for Augustus and Tarsiss exist, but I just can't select them from the dropdown menu because there's no scroll bar.

(edit)  I've looked through the logs some more and I really don't see anything that looks specifically related to this problem.

Edited by OhioBob

55 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@OhioBob Does Kopernicus and/or Galileo support KSP 1.3? From the Galileo thread it seems that it doesn't, so test this out on stock KSP and see if you still have the problem.

Kopernicus does support 1.3.  The last official release of GPP does not, but I'm using the dev version that should be 1.3 compatible.  I'll be happy to test it out in stock, I assume you mean with KSP 1.3?

@DMagic, I used the exact same KSP 1.3 installation that I had been using previously.  The only thing I did differently was to uninstall GPP.  It works now.  I scanned enough bodies until the window filled up, and on the next one the scroll bar appeared.

Do you have any idea why it doesn't work with GPP?  I'm on the GPP dev team, so anything you can do to point me in the right direction would be helpful. 

@OhioBob It almost certainly has to do with this block of code used to put the list of planets in order. For some reason it looks like it might not be picking up the moons of planets. In particular, it might be having problems looping through the list of a planet's orbiting bodies.

@hraban Which version of SCANsat is this from? This was an issue earlier, but it should have been fixed in version 17.5 for KSP 1.2.2, or 17.7 for KSP 1.3.

Edited by DMagic

Just now, DMagic said:

@OhioBob It almost certainly has to do with this block of code used to put the list of planets in order. For some reason it looks like it might not be picking up the moons of planets.

I just reinstalled GPP and started redoing my scans.  You're right, the planets are showing up on the list but not the moons.  I didn't realize this was the problem before because of the order in which I did the scans (planets before moons).

So, @DMagic, what's the solution?  Is it something you have to fix, or is there something we have to change in GPP?

18 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@hraban Which version of SCANsat is this from? This was an issue earlier, but it should have been fixed in version 17.5 for KSP 1.2.2, or 17.7 for KSP 1.3.

It's the last one 17.7* for KSP 1.3, downloaded two hours ago.