[KSP 1.8.1] SCANsat [v19.1] -- Dev version [February 20, 2020]

DMagic

3 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@HaydenTheKing The latest version of SCANsat for KSP 1.3 is 18.4: https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/releases/tag/v18.4

I don't know what specific requirements Probe Control Room might have, but I can't see any reason why any of the dev versions would be needed. There is nothing in those that isn't in 18.x.

That’s what I figured.  In the probe control room mod they cite a issue with the rastor prop monitor screens stop responding. They said this is remedied by the dev version.  

I haven’t experienced this bug but was planning on following all the install instructions from all my mods.

I’ll give it a go with the non dev version.

• 1 year later...

SCANsat version 19.0 is out; get it on Github.

Changes

• Changes made to scanning database format
    • Requires one-time update of saved scan data which will be performed the first time KSP loads a save file with SCANsat v19 or higher installed
    • Downgrading to an older version of SCANsat will results in a loss of data
  • New visual scanning mode
    • Generate visual maps of all planets
    • Generate maps with a new visual scanner instrument (Part model and texture by @Nertea)
    • Requires the surface to be in daylight for the scanner to function
  • Significant changes to high resolution resource scanning
    • All resources are scanned from a single scanner type now
  • Various bug fixes

Known Issues

• KSPedia entry still not functional
  • Resource concentration values in scanner right click menu not implemented
  • MM patches from other mods related to resource scanner may not work correctly

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Has anyone else had problems with using the dev version with kopernicus+JNSQ? For some reason, clicking the ScanSat button on the toolbar doesn’t open anything.

Yeah, its reported on the github already. Was having the same issue today and checked to see if anyone else was experiencing this. 

16 hours ago, Porter_John said:

是的,它已经在github上报道了。今天遇到了同样的问题,并检查是否有人遇到此问题。 

我这边在追踪站中打不开ScanSat按钮。但是不知道中文中的追踪站是不是你们所说的JNSQ。

I cannot turn on the ScanSat button in the tracking station. But I don't know if the tracking station in Chinese is what you call JNSQ.

我使用V19版本的SCANsat在追踪站中点击SCANsat图标没有反应。并且在任何模式都打不开大地图模式。

I use the V19 version of SCANsat and click the SCANsat icon in the tracking station, but nothing happens. And can not open the big map mode in any mode.

8 hours ago, FrankYu said:

我使用V19版本的SCANsat在追踪站中点击SCANsat图标没有反应。并且在任何模式都打不开大地图模式。

I use the V19 version of SCANsat and click the SCANsat icon in the tracking station, but nothing happens. And can not open the big map mode in any mode.

It appears that currently the latest version of SCANsat doesn’t work with JNSQ, but I’m guessing it’ll be patched soon.

I just checked cool new features.

Is imager LowRes also planned as new part, or as a module for the ScienceLab/Pods ? 

From the progression point of view probably it makes sense to remove anomalies scanner from the biomes scanner
for making new Imager more important and useful. 

Edited by flart

@Invaderchaos Yes, there is an issue with the on demand loading of planet textures with Kopernicus, this should be sorted for the next release.

@flart :D

Moving the anomaly scanner to the high res visual scanners is planned. Like you said, it helps to give a valuable gameplay purpose to each of the scanner types.

Is this part of the kopernicus issue? I'm getting this spammed in my log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SCANsat.SCANcontroller.InDarkness (Vector3d vesselPos, Vector3d pos, Vector3d sun) [0x00005] in <68fc20a60c1c4865951d6ac1eef754b9>:0 
  at SCANsat.SCANcontroller.doScanPass (SCANsat.SCANcontroller+SCANvessel vessel, Vessel v, SCANsat.SCAN_Data.SCANdata data, System.Double UT, System.Double startUT, System.Double lastUT) [0x00086] in <68fc20a60c1c4865951d6ac1eef754b9>:0 
  at SCANsat.SCANcontroller.scanFromAllVessels () [0x000fa] in <68fc20a60c1c4865951d6ac1eef754b9>:0 
  at SCANsat.SCANcontroller.Update () [0x00014] in <68fc20a60c1c4865951d6ac1eef754b9>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Running JNSQ. And for some reason my buttons have stopped working, except the small map in-flight. I've updated some mods since it last worked, but nothing obviously related...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SCANsat.SCAN_Unity.SCAN_UI_MainMap.OpenSettings () [0x00005] in <68fc20a60c1c4865951d6ac1eef754b9>:0 
  at SCANsat.Unity.Unity.SCAN_MainMap.OpenSettings () [0x00009] in <31616726d3bd43089e21352d0f950b48>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00011] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00023] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x0001c] in <22fd67f59718453e9250a6de1843ef8b>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00009] in <22fd67f59718453e9250a6de1843ef8b>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00007] in <22fd67f59718453e9250a6de1843ef8b>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) [0x00063] in <22fd67f59718453e9250a6de1843ef8b>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ReleaseMouse(PointerEventData, GameObject)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Edited by Rodger

Yeah, just not sure if it’s related or some other issue. I had to edit the settings file out of ksp to disable background scanning to stop the nre spam, since I couldn’t open the settings in-game with the unresponsive buttons, but at least it worked lol. 

Also since looking around the log I noticed the contracts that come with scansat will need updating too, they reference the old scan types like fuzzy resources, and that was also erroring 

edit: log file with the NREs - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uc3U9171Pm48YH8v6XFkXGHLuQiTXyMc

Edited by Rodger

Version 19.1 is out; get it out GitHub.

This version fixes compatibility with Kopernicus. It might also fix the contract loading errors, but that hasn't been tested.

It also adds new scanner info groups to the right-click menu for all SCANsat parts and fixes the SCANsat modules on the stock resource scanner parts.

This version wasn't built against KSP 1.9, but a quick test shows everything working. The new planet textures do make a difference in the visual map quality, too!

Since I didn't add any pictures yet, here are some examples of the new features:

New visual scanner instrument by Nertea:

MvEVKWE.png

SBLJ6Sj.png

Collapsible PAW scanner info groups:

73ERSuJ.png

BAi2VcM.png

Visual maps:

YKGKdOp.png

KSP 1.8 Kerbin

h6OO21m.png

KSP 1.9 Kerbin

1ysWdIq.png

• 3 weeks later...

Out of ignorance, is the pick landing target on the zoom map for MechJeb working or disabled currently?  I see the marker when the target coordinates are entered in Mechjeb on ScanSat, but I do not see the icon to set the landing target on ScanSat.

Hey DMagic, I'm currently doing a modded playthrough and ran into a bug using version 19.1 of SCANsat. Currently running KSP 1.91 and also running the Interstellar Extended mod.

Issue is basically that the Uraninite resource is not showing up. Shows as unknown avg. at all times on the scanner device itself, and cannot be selected in any of the UI options.

SRcJsCv.png

Link to output log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t8hAu47X8jjWSnPw_k2aqgPTbWazMPf1/view?usp=sharing

The new visual scanner looks awesome, both model and feature wise.

One thing though, in the preview posted above, it states a "SCAN altitude of 180-600km, >450 ideal" – for an optical, high resolution instrument, wouldn't it make more sense to go as low as possible? I guess it's early and still unbalanced, but I'd have expected something more like "20-450, ~60 ideal" or thereabouts...

Edited by Corax

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE your new parts !!!! Thanks a lot for your work ;)
The gold and silver color look awesome on the multispectral, is it possible to have it on the resolution imager ?

Edited by IronPanda

• 2 weeks later...

Love the new parts.

One problem though: non-standard size for telescope parts - is this intended, or it's something that will be fixed in the next update?

The only part that somewhat fits is VS-3 - if you use OKTO core. Anything except that won't work.

VS-1 is simply too small, will probably look better when surface attached.

VS-11 is the worst offender. It looks bad on both 1.25m (too big) and 1.875m (too small). It looks better on 1.5m (BDB uses this), but still not quite. Building a proper KH-11 replica will be painful, to say the least.

@Virtualgenius @Montag I think some of the code for the MechJeb integration got left out in previous versions for some reason. It will be working in future versions.

@biohazard15 Yes, I've been looking at part scale in general for many of the new parts, and I noticed the same thing regarding the telescopes. I'll probably be adjusting those, along with some of the others.

20 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Yes, I've been looking at part scale in general for many of the new parts, and I noticed the same thing regarding the telescopes. I'll probably be adjusting those, along with some of the others.

If I may, I would suggest making VS-11 in 1.875m. This would make it to fit nicely into both stock and BDB lineup (both Titans are 1.875m). Moreover, CobaltWolf is working on KH-9, which is supposed to be 1.875m. Its service module could be used with VS-11.

VS-1 and VS-3 seems to be okay-ish. Would be nice to get a B9PS options, but that would make B9PS a dependency (and I guess this is not something you want to do).

• 2 weeks later...

@DMagic I seem to have found version 19.3 of SCAN somehow, put it in KSP 1.8.1 and the ROC indicators are just yellow squares rather than little yellow Xes and the new BTDT isn't displaying nearby ROCs like the old one did. Repeated in a clean 1.8.1 install, see screenshot below.

Spoiler

NEQe3SS.png

It's entirely possible that I have the wrong version and 19.3 is for 1.9.x only, should I be using 19.1? I had previously installed 18.14 through CKAN and that's the most recent version there.

On 4/25/2020 at 1:28 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

@DMagic I seem to have found version 19.3 of SCAN somehow, put it in KSP 1.8.1 and the ROC indicators are just yellow squares rather than little yellow Xes and the new BTDT isn't displaying nearby ROCs like the old one did. Repeated in a clean 1.8.1 install, see screenshot below.

Reveal hidden contents

NEQe3SS.png

It's entirely possible that I have the wrong version and 19.3 is for 1.9.x only, should I be using 19.1? I had previously installed 18.14 through CKAN and that's the most recent version there.

A lot of the changes made in the last few updates for version 18.x somehow got lost when I started on the new version. The whole surface feature update somehow had the UI element aspect disconnected from the code, so it isn't working right. It will be fixed for the next version.