Curse Virus Links

worir4

I was just browsing on curse when i got redirected to a website that said my Adobe needed to be updated. I couldn't close the page and had to use task manager to close it. It started downloading several .exe files which i suspect are viruses. Luckily my antivirus spotted it and put them into a safety chest. I am now currently just running a scan.

I didn't expect this from an official mod site so please could a moderator take a look at it.

Thanks.

I was just browsing on curse when i got redirected to a website that said my Adobe needed to be updated. I couldn't close the page and had to use task manager to close it. It started downloading several .exe files which i suspect are viruses. Luckily my antivirus spotted it and put them into a safety chest. I am now currently just running a scan.

I didn't expect this from an official mod site so please could a moderator take a look at it.

Thanks.

That's not good at all. Can you provide me with details or a link on where this occurred on the site? Also useful would be knowing your browser, country your browsing from, and OS version. If you want feel free to follow up on your PM with the details. :)

Just for information's sake, our Curse people don't post a lot, but they do lurk, and we moderators can also send them messages when there's a need. Of course, they're not on line 24 hours per day, so the response might not be immediate. But they do care and we are in touch with them.

Thanks.

This isn't necessarily Curse, or any site for that matter. There is malware out there that causes additional popups even on very reputable sites. And my experience has been that this type of malware is not always detected by anti-virus scanners. I would recommend running Malwarebytes and another utility called AdwCleaner. Here:

https://www.malwarebytes.org

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/