[1.7.3] Community Delta-V Map 2.7

Kowgan

@Leo_G. Done.

V2.5 released
- Updated to KSP 1.2.1
- Updated Geosync altitude
- Added Relay Antenna Comms values (Thanks @Snark and @Malah!)
- Added icon for Return Window Cycle
- Additional Subtitles regarding the two items above
- Updated credits

Here's the KSPedia image version for anyone who can create a .ksp file. Sharing that here would be much appreciated.
http://i.imgur.com/9rigH5x.png

Thank you. :)
It was Snark's decision to keep Moho and Eeloo out of his calculations.

I've left out Moho, as it's not super interesting; its numbers range fall within Eve's min/max.  I've also left out Eeloo, since it's eccentric and I didn't feel like trying to work out the numbers.

Quoted from Snark's post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2016 at 9:37 AM, Kowgan said:

Thank you, @AlexSheFF!

Hi Kowgan thank you so much for keeping this delta V map up to date! Is there any way you could do a delta V map for Kerbal Star System:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/154828-122-kerbol-starsystem-v045-old-thread-got-removed/

It would be soo handy as KSS has really become a great working interstellar kerbal galaxy mod with no bugs.

Hey @Voodoo8648,

Unfortunately, I'm currently out of time to start another map from scratch. Maybe I can get some planetary data from the KSS author, and that would make my life way easier when acquiring numbers. But creating the image design itself might take a bit of extra time.
I'll put that into my to-do list for when I finally get time. :)

On 6.12.2016 at 10:44 AM, Kowgan said:

V2.5 released
- Updated to KSP 1.2.1
- Updated Geosync altitude
- Added Relay Antenna Comms values (Thanks @Snark and @Malah!)
- Added icon for Return Window Cycle
- Additional Subtitles regarding the two items above
- Updated credits

Awesome, thank you very much for your time and effort, I am sure a lot of people appreciate your work.

Small remark/suggestion: how about adding the surface gravity values? I keep a print out of your map at hand and I always add in the surface gravity manually. It would not take up much space at all (maybe just a number next to the name, like Dres 0.115g) and its a helpful information.

@Dafni Thank you for the message, I appreciate it. :)
The ASL gravity info for each body can already be seen in-game at the map view, under "Physical Characteristics". Since there's a big cluster of information on the map already, I'd rather keep only the essential data in it, to keep it as clean as possible.
a7658b25c4.png

Edited by Kowgan

28 minutes ago, Kowgan said:

@Dafni Thank you for the message, I appreciate it. :)
The ASL gravity info for each body can already be seen in-game at the map view, under "Physical Characteristics". Since there's a big cluster of information on the map already, I'd rather keep only the essential data in it, to keep it as clean as possible.

Okay, makes a lot of sense, actually :) only have non-in-game information on the sheet... now that I think about it. I was using it as a printed cheat sheet in my notebook sometimes, thats probably why I started to miss the information.

Yes, that much I get, but I was looking for "class 0: footenna 16; class 1: ubertenna 32, bartenna 65; etc." 

Which is to say which antennas are class 0, class 1, etc.

Since I don't see anything anywhere that designates antennas as being of a class anything. Are remote tech antennae divided into classes? 

I'd post the questions to @Snark in the other thread you linked, but that forum is locked.

Edit: I should also add that I'm curious entirely because of that info being on the deltaV map.  I wanna send probes to other planets in my career using mod parts and stop loosing contact with them! :D

Edited by tg626

@tg626 This is an assumption, but I believe each class (0-5) is directly related to the antenna rating.

Following the table found on the wiki, we have this:
2832fc39c1.png

I believe that:
C0 = 5k;
C1 = 500k;
C2 = 5M, and so on.

Edited by Kowgan

That's the kind of answer I was after - well as a solid fact more then assumption, but it's a start.  I tagged @Snark in the hopes they'd drop in a confirm but they haven't been on since 11/16 :(

Edited by tg626

2 hours ago, tg626 said:

I tagged @Snark in the hopes they'd drop in a confirm but they haven't been on since 11/16 :(

What are you talking about? I'm on practically every day. :P

Anyway, what Kowgan just wrote looks correct to me.

Bear in mind that it's not like I have any privileged information or anything-- I go by the same sources of information available to you or any KSP player: part configs, in-game info, KSP wiki, forum posts, etc.

6 minutes ago, Snark said:

What are you talking about? I'm on practically every day. :P

Anyway, what Kowgan just wrote looks correct to me.

Bear in mind that it's not like I have any privileged information or anything-- I go by the same sources of information available to you or any KSP player: part configs, in-game info, KSP wiki, forum posts, etc.

I dunno, that's what I saw when I visited your profile page... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PgZnEdf.png

So, you came up with the classes as a shorthand for the stock antennae?  That makes sense.  Now I'll have to try and see where the various BDB and Coatl ProbesPlus antennae fit in...

Edited by tg626

5 minutes ago, tg626 said:

I dunno, that's what I saw when I visited your profile page... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, the forum can be flaky that way. Check out my posting activity, there are oodles. :wink:

7 minutes ago, tg626 said:

So, you came up with the classes as a shorthand for the stock antennae?  That makes sense.  Now I'll have to try and see where the various BDB and Coatl ProbesPlus antennae fit in...

Well, someone came up with that shorthand, but it wasn't me.  :wink:

Ok, I made a quick MM config to "help" (helps me anyways)

9XeGqON.png

Adds that orange "Class" text to the beginning of the desc for all the stock antennae

@PART[longAntenna]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 1 Antenna.</color> :
}

@PART[SurfAntenna]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 1 Antenna.</color> :
}

@PART[HighGainAntenna5]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 2 Antenna.</color> :
}

@PART[mediumDishAntenna]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 3 Antenna.</color> :
}