[1.7.3] Community Delta-V Map 2.7

Kowgan

23 hours ago, AlexandruChi said:

What if I want to know how much Δv I need to go from Duna to Eve or Duna to Jool without stoping at Kerbin?

You probably could look at the path from low orbit of Duna to heliocintric orbit and than to the low orbit of a targeted planet

I noticed today that the orbit shown for Ike (10 km) is too low. I launched my lander and put in an 11x13 km orbit to catch up with the orbiter, hit time warp, and promptly experienced rapid lithobraking. According to the Wiki (which I should have checked first) the highest point is 12.75 km.

14 minutes ago, Spaghet4Life said:

I know this is an old post, but the "PDF versions" and "KSPedia Version" links are the same.

I believe both versions are included in both downloads

• 2 weeks later...

As a note, SCANSat has their mechanism fixed, so if you want to know who to contact as of asking for code that works, that's your lead.  It's probably better not to reinvent the wheel on this.  Hopefully we can get a Github repository made for this function.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:19 PM, tinygrox said:

I make a KSPedia version in 1.9.1

RSS + OPM + Kerbol in one.

File:https://drive.google.com/file/d/12mBzXk6q7pY3cXql1hRQ1cfunKi36F_q/view?usp=sharing

Works great!
But, in the name of usability, could you be so kind to add a new tab with this vanilla delta-V map?

Spoiler

yO0bQax.png

The vanilla + Outer Worlds is sweet! It's really easier to access DeltaV map from KSP itself... THANKS!

I do understand it has less details to reduce clutter... But to those who still fly vanilla, this one above seems more useful... :wink:

Edited by jlcarneiro

• 5 months later...
On 6/29/2020 at 11:15 AM, tinygrox said:

I put the project on github.(And it is a mess, I don't really understand the Unity. :()

Now it can be download on github:

https://github.com/tinygrox/Delta-V-Map/releases/tag/v2.7

And I replace it to the vanilla.(Not really tested yet.).

Could you write up the steps you did to make the map file?  I may be interested in adding maps for some of the other planet packs

On 12/7/2020 at 11:26 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Could you write up the steps you did to make the map file?  I may be interested in adding maps for some of the other planet packs

Are you asking about the numbers or the image? I can definitely help with formulas for the numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, found in v1.11 output log once installed the v2.7 mod with CKAN :

Spoiler

The file can not be loaded because it was created for another build target that is not compatible with this platform.
Please make sure to build AssetBundles using the build target platform that it is used by.
File's Build target is: 6

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Serialize/SerializedFile.cpp Line: 1171)

Unknown error occurred while loading 'archive:/CAB-6edb77570e7dbd264fc2812f2e27396a/CAB-6edb77570e7dbd264fc2812f2e27396a'.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Serialize/SerializedFile.cpp Line: 204)

The AssetBundle 'file://D:\KSP\v1.11\GameData\CommunityDeltaVMaps\Delta-V Map 2.7.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/AssetBundle/Public/AssetBundleLoadFromAsyncOperation.cpp Line: 445)

Error while getting Asset Bundle: The AssetBundle 'file://D:\KSP\v1.11\GameData\CommunityDeltaVMaps\Delta-V Map 2.7.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.
AssetLoader: Bundle is null

The KSPedia version should be rebuild.

Edited by DfA-DoM
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm working on an update (already :D) for the mod. I'm think about adding the Outer Planet sheet but i'm not sure if is up-to-date.

Below i add the link to an external image host (sorry, my account isn't autorized to add images). The first is just the vanilla version, i've just modified the text color of total Delta-V of Kerbin, Mun and Minmus to be the same as others celestial bodies. The second one is the creation of the KSPedia version for the Outer Planets. (dark background and dedicated image size).

If someone use this mod, can he say if is up-to-date and work fine ?

@Kowgan If everything is good, maybe we can add them to GitHub.

Thanks for your help. ;)