The launchpad is too sensitive

Hi all,

I already saw many threads and post about people complaining about how fragile the buildings are in KSC. While I really do not care about it, for more hardcore players that want everything to be hard, I think the buildings really need to have a better structural integrity.

This happen to me and I was just :confused: !

So, I was making my landing module, nothing too fancy, and one of the things I like to do, is to test the ladders to see if they extent to ground into a kerbal height.

So, I put my landing module on the launchpad and deploy my landing gears, as you all know, if you do that, the ship or module jumps a bit because of the strength of the landing gear.

This was what happened:

I already launch heavier rockets and never had this problem, I know a fix is to use stabilizers, but, come on lol, this is a small module deploying the landing gear.

I just turn off the destroyable buildings options, because I need sometimes to test stuff on the launchpad to see if everything works like I want.

Squad really need to increase the strength of the buildings, more importantly the launchpad, the dam thing is made in solid concrete and iron!:sticktongue:

Cheers,

:)

The launchpad is too sensible?

Probably needs some clown shoes then *bom,bom,tsk*

Seriously though; people have posted that both the launch pad and runways are very glitchy as far as launches are concerned - some explode as soon as a large ship loads on them (sometimes they clip through the pad for a split second as they realign). I'm sure squad will fix it on the next release either minor or major but in the mean time I think you can turn off building explosions from your save for now. either that or as Reactordrone suggested - right click on your landing gear in the vab and select deploy - they should then start open and you can test it from there.

The reason I do not deploy the gear in VAB is well, let's just say I do not use 4! :P Since my landers usually are a bit higher and then they become even more higher and larger, I need to increase the base of the landing modules to compensate for irregularities in the terrain, in particular the mun since sometimes is hard to get a sense if the ground below you is inclined or not. So I enlarge by using the Modular Girder Segment to increase the base. I put 4 of them and attach at least 3 landing gears. This gives a much more stable landing. When the necessity arises I change then to XL version if I carry stuff to build bases and more heavier or a bit unbalanced.

I'm lazy I know lol, but i just found it funny a very little small jump and the thing explodes. I wonder if Jeb drops high enough he can break it? :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.