[1.10.x]FuelWings: v4 - Fuel customization in Stock, B9, & B9 ProceduralWings! - 11/08/2020

Tortoise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated to v3.2

v3.2 (03/09/2017)
FUELWINGS IS NOW MAINTAINED BY vardicd FOR THE TIMEBEING.
-Updated for KSP v1.2.2 & added support for more parts:
"added up to date Modular fuel tanks mod.
added fuel tank support for:
 swept wing
 Tail Connector A+B
 Small Nose Cone
 Aerodynamic Nose Cone
 Advanced Nose cone type A+B"

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 7:12 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

In the new 3.2 release, some of the files have odd control characters there.  I believe it was done on a non-US system, looks like an extended character set.

This is a fixed file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyerqvejj7mpygl/FuelWingsFixed3.2.zip?dl=0

Thank you, added to SpaceDock.

Emergency update applied myself.

v3.2c (04/1/2017)
*It's working again; Emergency update applied. Someone did not save the files as .cfg, breaking the entire mod.
v3.2b (03/31/2017)
*Linuxgurugamer caught & fixed some weird foreign characters in the mod configuration

Edited by Tortoise

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:12 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

In the new 3.2 release, some of the files have odd control characters there.  I believe it was done on a non-US system, looks like an extended character set.

This is a fixed file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyerqvejj7mpygl/FuelWingsFixed3.2.zip?dl=0

Strange, not sure how that happened. I'm US based, in Illinois. I've had no errors on my end, and have been using the files I made, in my own game, with no issues. I made them the same way I have done in all my other custom parts and mod edits. Apparently I still have much to learn about this. Sorry.

Hi, thank you for this mod.

I use SSTU mod. ' Shadow Space Technologies Unlimited '. It provides lots of things, including a fuel tank that you can change length, diameter, type and fuel.

When I use both mods I lose the features from SSTU, I get the same menu as if I was looking at a wing part. Is there a way of getting the two to play nicely?

I mean to not have the features of SSTU replaced. After all, all I want to do is have some fuel in my wings, not lose features on 'none' wing bits.

Ta.

7 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I use SSTU mod. ' Shadow Space Technologies Unlimited '. It provides lots of things, including a fuel tank that you can change length, diameter, type and fuel.

When I use both mods I lose the features from SSTU, I get the same menu as if I was looking at a wing part. Is there a way of getting the two to play nicely?

I mean to not have the features of SSTU replaced. After all, all I want to do is have some fuel in my wings, not lose features on 'none' wing bits.

Ta.

I'll look into it, see if I can't figure out what's going on.

Cool, thanks :)

For reference I think the tank I like the most is located @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SSTU\Parts\ShipCore\Tanks, called SC-MFT-A.cfg. I thought it might be something related to category = FuelTank in Squad_modularFuelTanks.cfg but really that is only a guess.

18 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Ta.

8 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Cool, thanks :)

For reference I think the tank I like the most is located @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SSTU\Parts\ShipCore\Tanks, called SC-MFT-A.cfg. I thought it might be something related to category = FuelTank in Squad_modularFuelTanks.cfg but really that is only a guess.

So I've tested it a bit today on my fuel wings test branch install, with only fuel wings and SSTU mod installed, and as far as I can see, there is no conflict between these 2 mods, if they are the only 2 mods.

fZBfg0g.png

Are you using the optional patches? I saw that some of the optional patches in SSTU delete stock parts, and I have no idea if that's intereacting with some other mod on your end to create the problem?

Hi, thanks for taking a look at this.

SSTU - SC -TANK - MFT-A - Standard Tank, in the image you provided, has a field called Tank Type with a value Default. When I clicked to change from default nothing happened.

Without your mod the expected behaviour returned, that Tank Type is used to select what fuel the tank contains, ie LF, LFO etc, even Ec and MP.

The ability to basically change size, content, colour makes the MFT-A a very handy tank for developing designs.

3 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Hi, thanks for taking a look at this.

SSTU - SC -TANK - MFT-A - Standard Tank, in the image you provided, has a field called Tank Type with a value Default. When I clicked to change from default nothing happened.

Without your mod the expected behaviour returned, that Tank Type is used to select what fuel the tank contains, ie LF, LFO etc, even Ec and MP.

The ability to basically change size, content, colour makes the MFT-A a very handy tank for developing designs.

Okay, I tested further, checking the specific behavior you describe here, and I'm sorry to report, I once again can not duplicate your error.

jZJ882B.png

On my test branch with both fuel wings and SSTU installed I got a total of 5 types of values, default, balloon, structural, service module, and fuselage.

There may be an error between fuel wings, and some other mod you're using, that's causing SSTU to lose some functionality, and removing fuel wings removes half the problem so SSTU works correctly. I'm really not sure.

1 hour ago, Apaseall said:

Hi, thanks for keeping on with this.

I beg that your image does show how this mod overrides sstu. Specifically the FuelType field is missing. Here is an image showing what I mean.

kerbal_sstu_fuelwings.jpg

Okay. I may have a bad version of SSTU. I Don't have those options on SSTU even without fuel wings installed. I'll re-download, and re-test. I honestly don't know why fuel wings would be changing this, but I'll look around.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Apaseall said:

Hi, thanks for keeping on with this.

I beg that your image does show how this mod overrides sstu. Specifically the FuelType field is missing. Here is an image showing what I mean.

--snip--

Yeah I'm coming up blank. I got no idea why fuel wings seems to be altering parts from SSTU. I'll keep poking it, but for the moment, this one seems to be above my skill levels. :(

1 hour ago, arsyad100 said:

Hi, I found  a problem with your mod

I can't move my plane when this mod is installed, it's fixed in one place like it's stuck to something

I've had that happen to me without this mod. Usually it's caused by a part clipping into a bunch of different colliders on multiple parts of your vessel. The game freaks out when you have too much clipping. Only solution I know of is to pick apart your vessel until you find it and launch more and more stripped down versions of your ship, get rid of the offending part, and rebuild your craft.

1 minute ago, wadusher1 said:

I've had that happen to me without this mod. Usually it's caused by a part clipping into a bunch of different colliders on multiple parts of your vessel. The game freaks out when you have too much clipping. Only solution I know of is to pick apart your vessel until you find it and launch more and more stripped down versions of your ship, get rid of the offending part, and rebuild your craft.

but  when I uninstall this mod, my vessel work just fine. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.