Time-stopping bug, with missing textures and broken physics.

[sOLVED]

Ok, I tried to work it out this way or the other, but problem remains.

Version 0.25, 32bit, portable, on Win8. Path C:\games\KSP25. PC is core i7 2.2, 8gb ram, GeForceGT740M.

Mods installed at the moment of bug, all downloaded within last 5 days or so:

FAR

KAS

Procedural fairings

Remote tech

Firespitter

Active texture management (problem was present without it too)

RealChute

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

MechJeb

KSPX

Final Frontier

Reflective ambient (also, problem was present without it)

Kerbpaint

TAC fuel balancer

Also Visual enchantment, but removing it and clean-reinstall w/o it didn't help.

Minor symptoms - when trying to revert a flight to launchpad, planet is not loaded completely (missing ground, or missing tiles near horizon), time is standing still, and fairings are missing from stack decouplers. Game is running, you can pan around, go back to SPH\VAB, load a craft again and it's fine.

Major symptoms - when you get a craft to space, quicksave or go to space center, then go back or reload - you get this:

ctFb3vu.png

time is not running initially, if you forward it ship it is circling the orbit, but when you go back to x1 parts fall behind (freeze in place?), with only core part remaining (in this case, with struts attached). Ship is right-clickable but options are missing, unresponsive to controls or throttle. It is crewed but crew picture is missing.

Then I force close game, copy save directory, and start removing mods

Troubleshooting:

Removing all mods but Firespitter and ProcFairings (that are in the ship already) recovers game - playable, responsive, no bugs.

I add all the rest of the mods, while checking playability after every few - I install everything but FinalFrontier and KAS, then install KAS and save breaks.

I remove KAS - the save is still broken.

I remove heavy mods - still broken.

I go back to working state - save is working.

I then install only the "heavy" mods - including KAS - FAR, RT, MJ, KJR.

The save is working, no bugs.

I install the lighter mods. Still working. I install FinalFrontier, Kerbpaint, ambientlight, TACfb - save breaks.

I remove the last things installed - save is still broken.

Apparently going over certain threshold (in number? size?) of installed mods (that are not particularly big in size or obscure) breaks game. There are no apparent strict conflicts between mods. RAM usage is acceptable (around 1,700mb, with ActiveTextureManagement - but problem was present without it too, with usage over 2gb). Clean reinstall didn't really help.

Edited by Corovaneer
solved

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.