[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

If you fix a parachute bug could you fix the other one where the final drag is lower than the one in the cfg ?

Sure, that sounds easy enough to fix. Although I'm not exactly familiar with what bug you are referring to. Is it that the internal number isn't matching what's in the .cfg? I'll have to look at that later tonight.

While it's not really a fix, I found that using FAR helped reduce the problems of separating SRB's. On another note, thank you so much for your fixes. I killed Jeb, Bill, and Bob about 5 or 6 times due to the EVA ejection bug.

The decoupler problem is strange since it's tied to speed, and I believe it'll still happen above the atmosphere. Good to know that FAR input helps with it too. :)

I'm glad the EVA ejection fix is working for you!

Now that you mention it, i do use other mods and the only one that i can think of that edits Kerbal Behavior is ECLSS - Revived mod.

I also tried different cockpits and everything is working fine, thou i didn't test it extensively, a side note i never experienced the Evabug what i mean by that is, when i go on EVA the kerbal would slowly slide on the ladder (thats expected) sometimes he would not be attached/grabbed to the capsule but no drastic ejections what so ever, i downloaded this fix under the assumption that this affects everyone and i just add the fix without further detailed tests.

Yeah, I ask about the other mods because the log snippet you gave me looks like something is modifying an internal piece of the stock kerbal that my mod relies on. When I went back and looked, I had already removed my cheatery code in the release version so it wasn't that.

If you haven't seen the bug, then maybe whatever mods you are using that modify behaviour already happen to fix the problem (in which case you can skip mine). Thanks for the logs, I won't be able to look at them till later. I think I can stop the log spam and kerbal lockups, but untill I know what mod is changing things it won't be a proper fix. So maybe it won't be 100% compatible, but it shouldn't freeze up either.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

-Claw

Yeah, I ask about the other mods because the log snippet you gave me looks like something is modifying an internal piece of the stock kerbal that my mod relies on. When I went back and looked, I had already removed my cheatery code in the release version so it wasn't that.

If you haven't seen the bug, then maybe whatever mods you are using that modify behaviour already happen to fix the problem (in which case you can skip mine). Thanks for the logs, I won't be able to look at them till later. I think I can stop the log spam and kerbal lockups, but untill I know what mod is changing things it won't be a proper fix. So maybe it won't be 100% compatible, but it shouldn't freeze up either.

yeah that would be probably ECLSS not 100% sure but my bet is on that one, Since only that mod as far as i know modifies kerbals.

if you have the time and will try it out see if you can pinpoint/recreate the problem.

These little mods are great. The fact that each bugfix is available separately is faaan-tastic. This is exactly the kind of tool I prefer - solve a single problem, solve it expertly, and let people assemble complicated (and personalized) solutions from the toolbox.

I knew I was annoyed by the decoupler and EVA-fly-away bugs, but I didn't realize how much they annoyed me until I was blessed by their absence.

Kudos.

yeah that would be probably ECLSS not 100% sure but my bet is on that one, Since only that mod as far as i know modifies kerbals.

if you have the time and will try it out see if you can pinpoint/recreate the problem.

Hey dtoxic,

I did download ECLSS (most recent version off of kerbalstuff) and the two mods worked just fine together. I didn't see any evidence of ECLSS messing with the kerbal parts that I use. I did see there are some old versions of ECLSS floating around, so make sure you don't have that. I did add some extra error checking so it shouldn't lock up people's kerbals should they run into something similar.

Other than that, we would have to narrow down the mods more. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go through all the mods in your log.

Truthfully though, if you aren't having Ejection problems, then you probably don't need that particular module anyways. I do want to make it work for you, but I spent most of my time on the decoupler problem tonight (with good results).

Thanks again for the logs, I'll keep trying when I can.

These little mods are great. The fact that each bugfix is available separately is faaan-tastic. This is exactly the kind of tool I prefer - solve a single problem, solve it expertly, and let people assemble complicated (and personalized) solutions from the toolbox.

I knew I was annoyed by the decoupler and EVA-fly-away bugs, but I didn't realize how much they annoyed me until I was blessed by their absence.

Kudos.

Thank you kind sir, that means a lot!

Cheers,

~Claw

Edited by Claw

Excellent news everone! (I hope.) If you are using my AnchoredDecouplerFix module, I highly recommend you download the latest version.

I believe I have solved the original radial decoupler bug (where the boosters tip inward) as well as the strut bug (where struts steal all the momentum from the decouplers). As far as I can tell, radial decouplers now act as they did pre-KSP v0.24.2.

Cheers!

~CLaw

Excellent news everone! (I hope.) If you are using my AnchoredDecouplerFix module, I highly recommend you download the latest version.

I believe I have solved the original radial decoupler bug (where the boosters tip inward) as well as the strut bug (where struts steal all the momentum from the decouplers). As far as I can tell, radial decouplers now act as they did pre-KSP v0.24.2.

Cheers!

~CLaw

Yay!!! You'r my hero! You cant even imagine what I was forced to do to overcome decoupler bug... Thanks :)

Hey dtoxic,

I did download ECLSS (most recent version off of kerbalstuff) and the two mods worked just fine together. I didn't see any evidence of ECLSS messing with the kerbal parts that I use. I did see there are some old versions of ECLSS floating around, so make sure you don't have that. I did add some extra error checking so it shouldn't lock up people's kerbals should they run into something similar.

Other than that, we would have to narrow down the mods more. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go through all the mods in your log.

Truthfully though, if you aren't having Ejection problems, then you probably don't need that particular module anyways. I do want to make it work for you, but I spent most of my time on the decoupler problem tonight (with good results).

Thanks again for the logs, I'll keep trying when I can.

Hey thx for trying, ill do the same when i get some time i will do 1 by 1 mod thing till i find whats the cause of this, will let you know if i find something.

Cheers!

~CLaw

Just tested the latest release, and it appears to do exactly as you say. The mysterious attraction of separated boosters to the main stack has vanished. Well done indeed.

Thank you again everyone for the fantastic feedback! :D

Hey thx for trying, ill do the same when i get some time i will do 1 by 1 mod thing till i find whats the cause of this, will let you know if i find something.

Thanks dtoxic. If you have a convenient list of your mods that might help me when I get some time to track it down. If not, that's okay too. :)

Thanks!

~Claw

Has any one tried the ChuteQuickLoadFixer while using the RealChuteds Mod? Just curious if it could cause a problem. I guess I'll try it and see.

I haven't tried it, but I think Chris uses a different module for controlling his parachute. In which case my module shouldn't affect his. I don't know if his chutes suffer from the same stock bug.

Maybe I'll go look into this now. I'm curious to know what you find.

Thanks,

~Claw

I haven't tried it, but I think Chris uses a different module for controlling his parachute. In which case my module shouldn't affect his. I don't know if his chutes suffer from the same stock bug.

Maybe I'll go look into this now. I'm curious to know what you find.

Thanks,

~Claw

I'm signing off for the night. But I will definitely test tomorrow and will report my findings.

RealChute doesn't use ModuleParachute and so Claw's fix, which targets that, won't do anything (let alone that RealChute is totally different from ModuleParachute and thus would need a different fix).

Claw: Loving this so much--finally had a chance to try the decoupler fix and the EVA fix and love them both.

Excellent job with these, Claw. One thing I've noticed though (from diagnosing another user's output_log.txt) is that ChuteQuickloadFixer appears to be built against the wrong version of the .NET runtime. It should be built against .NET 3.5

Tried out the EVaEjection fix. Now instead of occasionally launching my Kerbals from the ladder, it now nearly always slowly drifts them away from it which is maybe even worse. Did I install it wrong?

i think that driffting effect is stock and has nothing to do with EvaEjection fix,

Excellent job with these, Claw. One thing I've noticed though (from diagnosing another user's output_log.txt) is that ChuteQuickloadFixer appears to be built against the wrong version of the .NET runtime. It should be built against .NET 3.5

Ahh, thanks for the catch! I'm still new at this and I guess I missed it. Will fix it up tonight and double check the others! :D

Tried out the EVaEjection fix. Now instead of occasionally launching my Kerbals from the ladder, it now nearly always slowly drifts them away from it which is maybe even worse. Did I install it wrong?
i think that driffting effect is stock and has nothing to do with EvaEjection fix,

dtoxic is indeed correct. The two bugs seem to be unrelated and is not a mistake in installing EVAEjectionFix. I haven't had time recently to see if I can further fix the ladder drift, but it's in the plan of things to look at. It existed before 0.25, but definitely seems worse now.

This is amazing! :D

Very light and works perfectly.

Thank you kindly. I definitely appreciate the feedback! :D

Cheers!

~Claw

Hello Claw,

Would the AnchoredDecouplerFix.dll work with 0.24.2 install that I'm running?

Thank you.

*Please the answer be yes. Setting the decoupler force to 0 for the time being as a work around. I miss the awesome feeling when I watch the boosters being "gracefully" blown away from the main stack*

Edited by iFlyAllTheTime

Hello Claw,

Would the AnchoredDecouplerFix.dll work with 0.24.2 install that I'm running?

Thank you.

*Please the answer be yes. Setting the decoupler force to 0 for the time being as a work around. I miss the awesome feeling when I watch the boosters being "gracefully" blown away from the main stack*

It ought to, since I don't believe it relies on anything new to 0.25. I will give it a try though, since I'm double checking other things at the moment.

I'll post an update soonish.

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.