[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Ran into an error placing some boosters in symmetry mode. Log has errors in SymmetryActionFix every time I try to click to place them. Doesn't do it all the time and I'm not sure what the repro is yet.

full log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ac97rro7hfy3xbw/output_log.txt?dl=1

Excerpt of error.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartModule].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModuleList.get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ClawKSP.SymmetryActionFix.UpdatePartAndChildren (.Part UpdatePart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ClawKSP.SymmetryActionFix.onPartAttach (HostTargetAction`2 AttachedPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[GameEvents+HostTargetAction`2[Part,Part]].Fire (HostTargetAction`2 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.setParent (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.attachPart (.Part part, . attach) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.attachSymParts (.[] cAttaches) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.UpdatePartMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

You may be unwilling, but I am quite willing! :D

:D

I`ll totally understand if it is outside the remit for your wonderful and totally needed bugfixes.

Well, the CrewManifestFix fell to the bottom of my list because it's slated to be fixed in 0.26/0.90. So I may not get to it... Although I'm not sure if they are making the capsule empty if there's a probe core. I would suspect if it's capable of control without a kerbal, and you remove the kerbal, it should hopefully stay empty (but I don't really know).

Ran into an error placing some boosters in symmetry mode. Log has errors in SymmetryActionFix every time I try to click to place them. Doesn't do it all the time and I'm not sure what the repro is yet.

Thanks for the report. If you have a picture of what you're doing (even though it's not narrowed down yet), that might be helpful.

Cheers!

~Claw

Ran into an error placing some boosters in symmetry mode.

Hey Starwaster,

I did find something that might have been causing the error. I went ahead and added some more error checking to the module that should prevent the indexing errors. You can give the update a try and see if that stops the errors.

As an additional note,the module still doesn't handle actions groups buried in symmetry within symmetry, but it also shouldn't cause a problem. I'm still looking into further work in fixing this.

Cheers,

~Claw

Edited by Claw

Well, the CrewManifestFix fell to the bottom of my list because it's slated to be fixed in 0.26/0.90. So I may not get to it... Although I'm not sure if they are making the capsule empty if there's a probe core. I would suspect if it's capable of control without a kerbal, and you remove the kerbal, it should hopefully stay empty (but I don't really know).

Cheers!

~Claw

Grats on the sticky ;)

Fair enough on the crew manifest. I tend to post about stuff that has just been addressed in the Devnotes lately but that I have not seen yet (a good sign from squad) and what they posted was very promising. At least now I`ll just need to tell them to get out once and there will be bouncers on the doors to stop them getting back in.

After the eternally entering crew, the main bug I notice in day to day play are the EVA ones, mainly the ladder sliding one now I have your other fixes.

I did have a weird one yesterday (no log, sorry) My very small craft was put on the pad, it then seemed to drop and be at proper ground level which exploded the pad when I (foolishly) tried to launch from there. I am trying out construction time (very good, worth a look, should be stock) and I have not seen the bug before I installed that so it may be to do with that.

After getting your launchpad fix I have yet to see it happen again though.

I'll have to give this a try when I get home. Are there any plans or potential fixes for bugged docking ports? (won't undock, won't acquire, etc...)

I had to de-orbit an entire station the other day due to a bugged docking port and my own bungling attempt to fix it via a save file edit. Just couldn't wrap my head around the solution that you and others have frequently tried to help others with.

Thanks!!

Grats on the sticky ;)

After the eternally entering crew, the main bug I notice in day to day play are the EVA ones, mainly the ladder sliding one now I have your other fixes.

Thanks!

And I have been working on a LadderSlide fix. It's been a bit trickier than the EVAEjectionFix, so I want to make sure I get it right.

I'll have to give this a try when I get home. Are there any plans or potential fixes for bugged docking ports? (won't undock, won't acquire, etc...) ...

Thanks!!

Short answer is yes, and I have a proof of concept module for this already done.

The long answer is that this is a tricky thing to fix. It's hard to detect when a docking port thinks it's disconnected vs. when it actually is disconnected. I have to be careful about fixing the dock states when it's not actually broken, or the fix will break things that aren't broken (and that's no good).

As a side note update to other fixes, I'm writing and testing an extension to the SymmetryActionFix that should be able to handle symmetry within symmetry. (maybe done tonight...) :)

Cheers,

~Claw

Nice bug fixes overall, but I think something's wrong with the decoupler fix, (atleast that's the only one that I can think might be causing this), ever since I installed the fixes, the Sepatrons on my boosters don't fire to kick the boosters clear. Granted, it's better then before without sepatrons, but just the decouplers alone still don't push them far enough away to safely avoid things like space shuttle wings.

How to reproduce: I used the KSO pack boosters, but I suspect it'll do the same thing with the stock ones, I had the sepatrons on the same stage as the decoupler, normally they fire at the same time as the booster is released, but if you try them now, they don't fire at all. StageRecovery even reported that the boosters had solid fuel left over when they despawned, which they shouldn't have if the sepatrons were firing.

Nice bug fixes overall, but I think something's wrong with the decoupler fix, (atleast that's the only one that I can think might be causing this), ever since I installed the fixes, the Sepatrons on my boosters don't fire to kick the boosters clear. Granted, it's better then before without sepatrons, but just the decouplers alone still don't push them far enough away to safely avoid things like space shuttle wings.

How to reproduce: I used the KSO pack boosters, but I suspect it'll do the same thing with the stock ones, I had the sepatrons on the same stage as the decoupler, normally they fire at the same time as the booster is released, but if you try them now, they don't fire at all. StageRecovery even reported that the boosters had solid fuel left over when they despawned, which they shouldn't have if the sepatrons were firing.

Hmm. None of my fixes interfere with any staging, nor do any of them do anything to the sepratrons. I suppose it's possible the SymmetryActionFix could be causing something, but that still doesn't touch staging.

I tried sepratrons in the same staging group as the decouplers in a stock install and didn't have any problems with the sepratrons firing. Maybe you can provide a picture of your setup?

I will say that there is an obscure stock bug that sometimes makes sepratrons not fire. The cause is unknown. Sometimes shifting the sepratrons position in the staging stack, or deleting and replacing them fixes this.

Cheers,

~Claw

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Claw

It seems that large craft launch fix does not work well with Kerbal joint reinforcment. Both mods postpone stock physics for short period of time.

Is it possible to detect KJR and prolonge indestructable building time for few sec. more, so large craft launch fix last at least 1 sec. longer after KJR finished stabilization ?

Maybe I have to stop build so heavy SSTOs, some of my craft files are in Design Contest II Akademy Awards thread if you need something to test runway ruins.

It seems that large craft launch fix does not work well with Kerbal joint reinforcment. Both mods postpone stock physics for short period of time.

Actually, my mod doesn't do anything to the physics. However, I'm still interested to know what's going on with it and KJR. Can you be more specific as to what the problem is? When using KJR, is the pad still blowing up?

Given the apparent size of some the planes in that thread, it might be possible that they are simply too large for the runway. However, if you could post some pictures and/or a log that would be helpful. Or at least some sort of description of what's "wrong."

Cheers,

~Claw

KJR lerps between a gravity of 0 and a correct gravity over the first few frames after loading. Sounds like due to that the craft doesn't reach the runway until after your mod reenables destructability. Options might be to have a larger invincible window, or a larger one only when KJR is detected.

KJR lerps between a gravity of 0 and a correct gravity over the first few frames after loading.

I suppose I'm thinking that if KJR is supposed to already help this issue, it might be that the the vessels are simply too large. It's easy to extend the invincibility time, but I want to make sure that gets at the heart of the issue.

One of the secondary concerns with a longer window is accidently saving an indestructible building state when that's not what the user wants. I might have to also temporarily block autosaves. So I want to make sure I know exactly how long the settle time needs to be.

Maybe I will have to make a KJR install tonight, but I'd still like to know how big of a vessel we are talking about.

Cheers,

-Claw

NathanKell already explained problem better than me, thanks. There is no crashlog, but due to KJR plane is not reached runway when destructability is enabled, so when it reached runway, destructability is enabled again and runway is destroyed.

I guess you have missed picture galery with heaviest tested plane/payload and another picture galery that partly explain my solution to workaround problem.

I undersand that I have build realy heavy crafts 600 - 1200t depends on payload those craft designs were more research of capabilities to find safe weight limit for both plane and runway.

So, I have put plane on launch clamps to assist problem with game engine physics and my craft have some wheels on IR pistons. When I adjust IR landing gears to reach ground before I release launch clamps runway doesn't explode, so craft weight itself is not problem if weight is distributed properly on more wheels.

However, it is tedious to use IR parts for each larger craft and those are not suitable for all aircraft designs. Problem is more noticable on crafts with uneven front/rear landing gears. Wheel distribution works only if all of landing gears are on the same level.

Otherwise, due to game engine spawns, at least one section(front or rear) is shorter and "hit" runway with heavy weight and destroy it.

If your large craft launch fix help with heavy weighted craft on launching, landing will not going to be much problem becouse usualy those craft returns from orbit almoust empty, without fuel and without heavy payload.

I didn't exactly measured and it probably depends a lot on CPU power on different PC, but I think that KJR is running for 3-4 sec, so if your fix have a larger invincible window for 5-7 sec for example, that could solve a problem.

Thanks for your time for looking into this.

Edited by kcs123

Thanks for your time for looking into this.

Thank you! That's all helpful info. I will look into this this weekend and see if I can come up with a good way to turn off the fix once everything has settled out.

Cheers,

~Claw

Are there any plans to fix the issue where keyboard entries to mod GUI windows aren't shielded? For example, say you were typing "Long Endurance Mission" into your Kerbal Alarm Clock window, and the game decides to stage off the decoupler with all your life support for said long-duration mission because you pressed spacebar?

I love these patches. Thank you so much!

You are very welcome. :D

Are there any plans to fix the issue where keyboard entries to mod GUI windows aren't shielded?

Hmm. I'm not sure that I can capture this sort of thing. The management of GUI functions is handled deeply in Unity itself. And any GUI building is done within mods. So your particular request about KAC may be better directed at that thread. Although I will look and see if there's something I can do, I have some initial doubts.

Cheers,

~Claw

Edited by Claw

Claw is doing Squad's work... I'm worried squad get his fix and mix things up doing a big mess on future versions... http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

i know he is not doing squads work, just thought id ask if it can be fixed like the (radialdecoupler bug) so we can have an alternative till it gets fixed by squad :)

is there a possibility of a fix for Electric charge drain when going into high time warp?

Well, I can look into it. However, if this is true:

"RTGs fluctuate because they run in Update instead of FixedUpdate. You can observe this by creating a module which consumes resources during Update; RTGs supply it smoothly, and everything else will make it fluctuate."

Then it'll be hard to fix without taking control of more of the electrical system. It might be possible to do it similar to what I'm working on with the intake air balancer. Or maybe I can just make it reset itself after coming out of warp so that it goes back to working.

Cheers,

~Claw

Well, I can look into it. However, if this is true:

"RTGs fluctuate because they run in Update instead of FixedUpdate. You can observe this by creating a module which consumes resources during Update; RTGs supply it smoothly, and everything else will make it fluctuate."

Then it'll be hard to fix without taking control of more of the electrical system. It might be possible to do it similar to what I'm working on with the intake air balancer. Or maybe I can just make it reset itself after coming out of warp so that it goes back to working.

Cheers,

~Claw

well there is no problem when coming up out of time warp!

when going into Timewarp (full time warp) the EC goes down and when coming out the EC goes back up and working properly, what i;am proposing (asking) is there a way to stop EC from being drained while in high speed time warp? for active vessel and for inactive ones.

the reason for asking is that when playing with some life support mod the EC goes down in time warp witch means no Oxygen generation etc etc.

there is this plugin but i don't believe it has yet solved the EC drain in Timewarp

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97921-Background-Processing-0-2-KSP-0-25

hope i;am not asking some silly questions or asking for something impossible lol :D

well there is no problem when coming up out of time warp!

Hmm. Well then I think I misunderstood what was going on there. This might be something I'll have to fiddle with to understand what's even happening. I thought I saw at the end of the videos that power was completely lost. So I thought that's what you were talking about.

Claw is doing Squad's work... I'm worried squad get his fix and mix things up doing a big mess on future versions... http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

While I understand your concern, please also understand that I'm doing my best to help Squad get to the root of these problems. If my fixes enable Squad to fix the problem, then great! If they never get around to fixing the problem, then at least these things are available. Either way, it's a win for everyone.

Up to this point, Squad has been very focused on adding content to the game. As KSP moves into "beta," we will hopefully see more of these things getting fixed. :D

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.