[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Well,

to be honest, I also don't use it... the problem itself is described in the OP of RLA_Stockalike [thread=90218]here[/thread] and I remember reading about a problem with the stock fuel flow logic during the Karbonite development. Also NathanKell describes something consistent with the RLA-issue in the CFE-thread here and here. However, I was not able to reproduce the described behaviour with vanilla x86...

Sorry about not being very specific... :(

Regards

Edited by E.Nygma

There was a fix that made it so when you selected the crew for a craft and changed a part on said craft; Jeb, Bill and Bob won't take their seats instead. I can't find it right now and don't remember the name of the mod, but sounds useful since this can get annoying when launching a rescue mission or when not wanting to use the kerbal trio and instead use some of the other kerbals.

There was a fix that made it so when you selected the crew for a craft and changed a part on said craft; Jeb, Bill and Bob won't take their seats instead.

Crew positions is slated to be fixed in KSP v0.90 (out soon?). So hopefully the empty capsule thing will also stay when you set it. :)

Cheers,

~Claw

I can attest to the negative values, in the VAB without your fixes but with TE, decouplers show a default ejection value of 250 which is mid-level on the slider. With your fixes it defaults at -400 and the slider is maxed.

As for the symmetrical staging, it's weird. The stage icons drop off one by one with each press of the spacebar, parts are ejected with zero velocity and when they're all gone, an empty stage is left.

Example:

Stage 1: 2x SRBs

Space

Stage 1: 1x SRB

Space

Stage 1: Empty

Space

Stage 2: Active

I've been trying to replicate this and haven't been successful.

• I do see that with KW Rocketry, TE reports negative values for KW rocketry parts (which makes sense because they are negative).
  • When I am running TE and my fixes only, I do not see any negative values with TE. And I don't see TE reporting any values "in flight."
  • In no case did I run into staging problems.

After looking at it, I think KWR is using negative values for some specific purpose. In that case, I don't want to blindly fix the negative value because I'm not currently seeing any problems.

If people are still having decoupler issues, please post logs and more details about other mods. I'm not seeing a problem with KW rocketry or TE.

Cheers,

~Claw

I've been trying to replicate this and haven't been successful.

• I do see that with KW Rocketry, TE reports negative values for KW rocketry parts (which makes sense because they are negative).
  • When I am running TE and my fixes only, I do not see any negative values with TE. And I don't see TE reporting any values "in flight."
  • In no case did I run into staging problems.

After looking at it, I think KWR is using negative values for some specific purpose. In that case, I don't want to blindly fix the negative value because I'm not currently seeing any problems.

If people are still having decoupler issues, please post logs and more details about other mods. I'm not seeing a problem with KW rocketry or TE.

Cheers,

~Claw

I might be able to help narrow this staging issue that so many are running into.

I had this issue a while back and it disappeared when I updated various mods including these stock bugfix modules.

I've just been rebuilding a KSP version and after seperating some SRB's that collided with my rocket I realised I forgotten the stock bugfixes.

I put them back on and straight away got the staging issue back that requires the player to press space several times to fire the decouplers one by one.

It's some kind of conflict between this and Kerbal Joint reinforcement and / or Kerbquake

the people reporting this seem to be using those mods

just looking over the logs seems like this bit is the relevent lines

[EXC 07:06:09.106] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

KerbQuake.KerbQuake.onVesselStageSeparate (.EventReport report)

EventData`1[EventReport].Fire (.EventReport data)

ModuleAnchoredDecoupler.OnDecouple ()

ModuleAnchoredDecoupler.OnActive ()

Part.ModulesOnActivate ()

Part.activate (Int32 currentStage, .Vessel activeVessel)

Staging.activateStage (Int32 stage)

Staging.activateNextStage ()

Staging.ActivateNextStage ()

FlightInputHandler.Update ()

KSP.Log@Dropbox

Edited by MartGonzo

I might be able to help narrow this staging issue that so many are running into.

Hmm. Actually you may have helped me narrow this down a lot. I have a feeling I know what's going on based on this off of the Kerbquake thread:

Decouplers total ejection force will shake accordingly.

I'll put out an update tonight that I'm guessing will fix it. If my guess is right, it's a Kerbquake problem, but induced by my mod.

Cheers,

~Claw

Edit: I've verified that KJR is not involved with this. It's something with Kerbquake and the Stock Bugfix Modules.

Edited by Claw

v0.1.5c is now out. It includes a fix to make AnchoredDecouplerFix play nicely with Kerbquake (and a few other mods). This fixes the problem where staging decouplers would only come off one at a time.

Exceptional thanks to MartGonzo for narrowing down the mod combination and posting relevant logs!

Cheers,

~Claw

Edited by Claw

Glad it was some help, thanks for the really fast fix. :)

You are quite welcome! :D It's incredibly helpful when people can narrow it down like you did.

SrFix fixes the NODE{} system to allow transform-based surface attachment nodes.

Thanks for the point out. I'll have a deeper look at it soon, but it looks like something I can add to the front page.

Cheers,

-Claw

You are quite welcome! :D It's incredibly helpful when people can narrow it down like you did.

Thanks for the point out. I'll have a deeper look at it soon, but it looks like something I can add to the front page.

Cheers,

-Claw

Great to see this is working fine! I don't have this mod, but I still get this bug... and I thank you for fixing this for ones who have this problem.

With KJR and the realism overhaul install, I still get the staging bug, with the null reference... I don't have your mod or kerbquake... strange...

I'm guessing these fixes aren't in 0.90. Such a shame.

The large launchpad fix has been incorporated. And I thought the EVA Ejection fix was done, but sounds like it wasn't.

Nah, I got the ejecting EVA bug on stock during my first mission to make orbit on a new career save. Lost Bob because he just wanted to get some EVA reports real quick.

Did you get the actual ejection? Or were you getting the ladder slide? I know the ladder slide is still present, but I thought the ejection fix was incorporated.

To answer the bigger question, these are still compatible with 0.90. Although there are some things I need to update, and the symmetry action fix doesn't work (but won't break your game either). I need to go back and test the EVAEjectionFix since I thought that bug had been taken care of.

So stand by for updates (hopefully soon-ish). If you're using my fixes, just delete the LargeCraftLaunchFix.dll (shouldn't be needed).

Cheers,

~Claw

As always, thank you for the great effort, Claw! :)

You are very welcome. :D

Hello,

For what it's worth, I can confirm experiencing systematic EVA Ejection in stock 0.90 while in Minmus or Kerbin orbit. The fix dll still seems to work.

Great to hear the the fix is working, but sad to hear the ejection bug is still there. Thank you for the report!

Cheers,

-Claw

Yeah, I can confirm as well that the CORE fixes for these problems were not addressed in .90 :(

Not only this, but I was expecting at least a slight performance improvement for 0.90. Boy I was sorely wrong. In fact, I am seeing an average decrease of 25% in FPS on all scenes. Going in the wrong direction here...

Try deleting your options file, assuming it was carried over from 0.25. Doing that and changing some settings back to what I had did the trick for me. One I have yet to change was the Terrain Detail, from Default to High. Going to try that myself in a moment, infact.

EDIT: Yeah, no issues. Just delete the options settings and remake them once ingame. That should fix your frame rate issues.

Edited by Lei07

hey Claw are you planning on updating these for 0.90 or can we use the 0.25?

Sorry, they seem to be working still in 0.90 except for the SymmetryActionFix. Also, you shouldn't need the LargeCraftLaunchFix anymore (it's fixed in 0.90).

I've been overloaded in the support forums at the moment, so I haven't gone back to do more in-depth testing to ensure nothing new is broken with these in 0.90. But the brief testing I did, they seem to be working. I'm expecting to complete a real 0.90 test/release cycle this weekend (when the forums might slow down a bit...?).

I'll add a note to the front page.

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.