[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Sorry, they seem to be working still in 0.90 except for the SymmetryActionFix. Also, you shouldn't need the LargeCraftLaunchFix anymore (it's fixed in 0.90).

I've been overloaded in the support forums at the moment, so I haven't gone back to do more in-depth testing to ensure nothing new is broken with these in 0.90. But the brief testing I did, they seem to be working. I'm expecting to complete a real 0.90 test/release cycle this weekend (when the forums might slow down a bit...?).

I'll add a note to the front page.

Cheers,

~Claw

thx Claw take your time no hurry just asking for "directions" :) i usually don't touch a new ksp update until all mods get updated, and that's about for 10-15 days :)

While I have Claw's EVA ejection fix (installed in v.25), I've not installed it into v.90 yet. I just tried EVA's on an Mk1 capsule and an MPL-LG-2 in orbit around Mun... no ejection, only minor (slight) ladder slide (normal). I'll keep trying. ;)

Sometimes EVA works without ejection in stock, quite often it does not. My first Mun lander in 0.90 (without mods) is a Kerbopult, launching Jeb dozens of meters whenever I hit the EVA button...

So, thanks for the fixes, Claw. I'm installing it right now. Without the decoupler and EVA fix KSP wouldn't be as much fun.

thx Claw take your time no hurry just asking for "directions" :) i usually don't touch a new ksp update until all mods get updated, and that's about for 10-15 days :)
Sometimes EVA works without ejection in stock, quite often it does not. My first Mun lander in 0.90 (without mods) is a Kerbopult, launching Jeb dozens of meters whenever I hit the EVA button...

So, thanks for the fixes, Claw. I'm installing it right now. Without the decoupler and EVA fix KSP wouldn't be as much fun.

I'm almost done updating and testing the majority of the fixes for 0.90. I found a few minor things, but the big thing is that SymmetryActionFix.dll is causing problems. So if anyone has downloaded my fixes you might want to delete that one, or wait a little bit and the new stuff will be uploaded, to include a new fix for a save breaker in v0.90.

Anyone having an issue with loading KSP then going to your space station and all thrusters and engines become engaged and the station flys apart?

This is a new one to me. If you can, please head over to the support forum and post a bug report. I'm in there a lot and I'll see what's going on (and if it's something that needs to go in here). :)

Cheers,

~Claw

v0.1.6 is out, and has been compiled and tested for KSP v0.90.

The most recent version also includes a fix for v0.90 that caused KSP to lock up when firing kerbals who had logged achievements. (This one was a bear to write, so please let me know if you run into problems.)

If you have an old version, please make sure to remove SymmetryActionFix.dll. It is broken in v0.90 and it will likely be a few more days before it is updated.

Cheers!

~Claw

v0.1.6 is out, and has been compiled and tested for KSP v0.90.

The most recent version also includes a fix for v0.90 that caused KSP to lock up when firing kerbals who had logged achievements. (This one was a bear to write, so please let me know if you run into problems.)

If you have an old version, please make sure to remove SymmetryActionFix.dll. It is broken in v0.90 and it will likely be a few more days before it is updated.

Cheers!

~Claw

Aaaaand the crowd goes wild! :D

I may have run into a problem... (I will include the saved game file if needed - but as its silly o'clock here, I can follow up after some sleep).

It seems that when a Kerbal is killed, they go as Missing in Action and still use up a slot in your career - firing a dead Kerbal seems to cause the same bug.

It seems that when a Kerbal is killed, they go as Missing in Action and still use up a slot in your career - firing a dead Kerbal seems to cause the same bug.

Sounds like the same bug. I'll check that scenario and make sure my module can handle it.

So I tested it out, and my fix needs to be updated. Thanks for pointing this out!

Cheers,

~Claw

Edited by Claw

Is there a fix for the new KSP-Contracts to see non-stock Probes as "unmanned"? Currently using MRS, and it's cores don't give me credit as unmanned probes for stock(FinePrint) contracts.... Got 3 into orbits, only to realize that none counted because it wasn't a stock KSP probe..

This seems like a Stock KSP bug =D

great work on these fixes. Though I have a suggestion, but I have a feeling it may be difficult or even impossible to try and fix without the right hardware.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/103227-3D-Mouse-%283Dconnexion%29-unusable-in-contruction-%2832-and-64-bit%29-in-90

I use a 3Dconnexion Space Navigator mouse with KSP. It was also officially supported with the start of KSP .23

The problem I have though is in the contruction buildings. At first the camera is centered to the middle of the VAB (which is normal). If I build my rocket without touching the 3D mouse everything is fine. Though as soon as I used the 3D mouse to rotate or move the camera I am unable to place any parts anymore. When I select a part from the part list it instantly plops into the VAB an I am unable to select it or move it. Thus making it impossible to build anything. I can only place parts for as long as I don't touch the 3D mouse. Once I do I can't place any parts at all anymore, even if the recenter the camera using the noramal mouse controls. After that I have to either reload the ship I'm building or leave the VAB. But I can still not select any parts that where placed into the VAB while I was using the 3D mouse. I can however still select free floating parts that had been placed into the VAB from before I used the 3D mouse. All these parts are just free floating. They are not connected to any spacecraft. They also vanish if I reload the ship or exit the VAB (which is normal). I can still select parts that are part of my rocket. As long as I built the rocket without touching the 3D mouse.

This is 100% repeatable on both 32 and 64bit windows version of KSP.

Squad has said they know of the problem, but I have a feeling it might be a while before they get around to fixing it because so few people have such a mouse. Building a craft without itis impossible and too frustrating for me now.

Currently using MRS, and it's cores don't give me credit as unmanned probes for stock(FinePrint) contracts....

Is that Modular Rocket System? Can you give a few more details about what probe core and an example contract? I will say that this will probably be farther down the list though, since I have about four fixes that I'm focused on at the moment, and several in the queue.

...I have a feeling it may be difficult or even impossible to try and fix without the right hardware...

Yeah, I'd have to say it would be really hard for me to even guess what might be going wrong without owning a 3D mouse. Unfortunately I have no plans to buy one any time soon. :/

Is there a fix for the new KSP-Contracts to see non-stock Probes as "unmanned"? Currently using MRS, and it's cores don't give me credit as unmanned probes for stock(FinePrint) contracts.... Got 3 into orbits, only to realize that none counted because it wasn't a stock KSP probe..

This should probably go in the Fine Print thread, but assuming you didn't launch until after accepting the contract, satellite contracts require the probe has three things: a probe core (I believe the definition Fine Print uses is a part with the ModuleCommand module and a minimum crew to operate of 0, which both MRS probe cores have), a source of power generation (e.g. solar panels, but not batteries - they don't produce power, just store it), and an antenna. I suggest you check your probes have all three, and if they do and it's still not completing, go tell Arsonide.

This should probably go in the Fine Print thread, but assuming you didn't launch until after accepting the contract, satellite contracts require the probe has three things: a probe core (I believe the definition Fine Print uses is a part with the ModuleCommand module and a minimum crew to operate of 0, which both MRS probe cores have), a source of power generation (e.g. solar panels, but not batteries - they don't produce power, just store it), and an antenna. I suggest you check your probes have all three, and if they do and it's still not completing, go tell Arsonide.

No, it doesn't care what command modules you are using, only that the crew count is zero and the vessel is controllable, but yes it needs to be new and have a power source and an antenna.

RT-10's too, thanks for the fix.

No problem. (Actually, it was a huge pain in the back-side, but hopefully worth it. :D) Since I didn't know how widespread this problem was, I built the fix generic enough that it should work for all engines. So please let me know if you run into problems (and maybe post a .craft or picture of your setup).

Thank you so much for this, once more! :D Much appreciated, sincerely.

Haha, thanks! Hopefully more to come!

Cheers!

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.