[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Claw, I love your bug-fixes, they've made the game less frustrating and more enjoyable. I'd like to report a small bug. If you strut the 3,75 m decoupler with the stage it's supposed to stay on it doesn't decouple. In fact the two stages stay together although you can no longer control the one from the other. If you try to time-warp the whole craft explodes on return to physics. Struts linking the 3,75m decoupler with the stage it separates from aren't a problem, nor the ones connecting the stages directly.

I can imagine what you are saying, but I'll have to give it a try since I don't think I've seen the problem myself. Also, I'm not sure if you mean to say there is a bug with my fix, or you are offering up another bug that needs fixing.

On a separate note, I expect in the next week or so that I will be able to get back to focusing on these fixes. I know I keep promising, but things should settle out in the next week or two. :D

Cheers,

~Claw

It's a stock bug, I brought it here because it seemed like the sort of thing your bug-fixes fix.

Indeed. Just wanted to check before I start trouble shooting the wrong thing. :)

Cheers,

~Claw

I'm just noting that the engine-stuck-in-launchpad still affects some Novapunch and KWrocketry engines (or maybe just some of the Novapunch, not sure), despite having the sticky launchpad fix.

Easily worked around by using launch clamps though.

I'm just noting that the engine-stuck-in-launchpad still affects some Novapunch and KWrocketry engines (or maybe just some of the Novapunch, not sure), despite having the sticky launchpad fix.

Easily worked around by using launch clamps though.

Good to know, thanks. :) I'm not sure if those engines are using different collider names.

This is an excellent mod. Thank you for the housekeeping.

Thanks! I appreciate it! I'm glad the fixes are working out for you.

Cheers,

~Claw

• 4 weeks later...

Fear not my fellow Kerbonauts! As promised, this work has not been abandoned. Now updated for KSP v1.0. Several fixes have been implemented in stock KSP and are no longer needed! The ones that are still needed have been updated, and I have added several more.

Make sure you delete your old Stock Bug Fix install.

Significant Change: The ModuleManager plugin (by Sarabian) is now required and is bundled in the download.

Obsolete Modules:

• AnchoredDecouplerFix.dll
  • ChuteQuickloadFixer.dll
  • CrewRosterFreezeFix.dll
  • EVAEjectionFix.dll

Previous Modules now Compatible with KSP v1.0:

• KerbalDebrisFix
  • StickyLaunchPadFix
  • SymmetryActionFix

New Fixes for KSP v1.0

• Mk3StrengthFix
  • ModuleCargoBayFix
  • ModuleProceduralFairingFix
  • ModuleWheelFix
  • ParachuteFix
  • Plus a few miscellaneous fixes

Still all standalone (with the exception of needing Module Manager). Just download and unzip to GameData. Delete the directories you don't want, keep the ones that you do want! (Fixing parachute drag requires one more step, see installation instructions for details.)

Note: A couple of the new fixes for 1.0 include some additional tweakables. I typically don't do this because I like to retain the stock functionality, but they are in there for a few reasons. I am open to feedback on what you guys think of these and may remove them in the future.

Thanks! While appreciating SQUAD's and the testers hard work, I can't see how they missed such crucial points. It's great that the community has the likes of you to fix them! :)

Well, it's a lot of work and a lot of things to check out. But I agree, we have an awesome community that loves helping out! :D

Cheers,

~Claw

+ ModuleCargoBayFix (27 Apr 15) - (STATUS: Initial Release) - Description: Parts in cargo bays are inoperative when removed from the bay. [spoiler: Notes]

- When parts are place in a cargo bay, they remain marked as "shielded" even after they leave the bay, when the bay doors are re-closed. This causes some parts to be unresponsive.

I thought Max said they fixed that issue, like 10 minutes after The Manley encountered it on the livestream?

I thought Max said they fixed that issue, like 10 minutes after The Manley encountered it on the livestream?

I believe Harv said that it wasn't going to make it into the release. In either case, the problem is still there. This release fixes cargo bays, but it looks like interstage fairings might also be affected.

They did, but in an internal 1.0.1 patch. It hasn't been released yet.

Edited by Nobody_1707
Got the version number wrong.

Thanks Claw!

I know it's not a technically a bug, and up to now I've been using the same old fix (throwing it in your stock fix directory) but man it would be nice if they fixed the 'show navball in map by default'...opening it every single time you switch to map mode sucks :)

(EDIT) BTW, that same old .dll fix for the navball still works in 1.0 :)

Edited by Eleven

... it would be nice if they fixed the 'show navball in map by default'...opening it every single time you switch to map mode sucks :)

Haha, I totally agree. :P

And you are quite welcome!

just a FYI, the link to the 'other mod' modulefixer 404s now.

Thanks for the pint out. I will check on it.

Hi,

I would also love the integration in CKAN :-)

I'll look into it. :)

Cheers,

-Claw

Don't know if you've seen this yet, Claw, nor (do I imagine) has everyone currently working with 1.0 ... a needed fix for the heatshield. There's a quick workaround here, but maybe it's something you'll want in your Bug Fixes?

Maybe just to be patiant for cople of days before deadly re-enty is updated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.