[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Don't know if you've seen this yet, Claw, nor (do I imagine) has everyone currently working with 1.0 ... a needed fix for the heatshield. There's a quick workaround here, but maybe it's something you'll want in your Bug Fixes?

Did you look at the front page where it lists this exact fix?

I believe Harv said that it wasn't going to make it into the release. In either case, the problem is still there. This release fixes cargo bays, but it looks like interstage fairings might also be affected.

Fair enough, i misunderstood Max then. Then supreme thanks are in order for all these fixes, all very welcome!

I'm getting this weird bug where the launch clamps follow me around.

I have seen this posted a few times. This is something triggered by a mod, but I'm not sure how to replicate it. I've never seen it in stock, so hard for me to say what it might be. :confused:

Don't know if you've seen this yet Claw, but maybe it's something you'll want in your Bug Fixes?

Yep, something similar is in my fixes. :D

Claw - Your work is absolutely amazing and most helpful. Now I truly know why there was an awesome movie made about your forum name!

Haha Thanks!! :D

Fair enough, i misunderstood Max then. Then supreme thanks are in order for all these fixes, all very welcome!

No worries. And you are very welcome! :D

Amazing. You are just amazing. I worship you.

No need for worship, but I appreciate the thanks! :D

My pleasure everyone. :cool: (it needed one more smiley)

Cheers,

-Claw

Edited by Claw

It turns out the launch clamps following you is stock: I removed EL's hack from the clamps and they still did it. I now suspect it has something to do with the floating origin update happening before the launch clamps are unloaded (before, they would unload first: 2.5km vs 6km vs 27km)

It turns out the launch clamps following you is stock: I removed EL's hack from the clamps and they still did it. I now suspect it has something to do with the floating origin update happening before the launch clamps are unloaded (before, they would unload first: 2.5km vs 6km vs 27km)

Well, I would certainly be interested in some pictures and/or replication steps for stock. :)

Cheers,

~Claw

My exception detector shows a certain NRE by this mod:

KerbalDebrisFix.Start(): v01.00

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ClawKSP.MPFix.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

output_log.txt

+ StickyLaunchPadFix.dll (27 Apr 15) - (STATUS: Updated for KSP v1.0) - Description: Certain rocket configurations "stick" to the career tier 2 launch pad.

- It's possible this fix isn't needed anymore, but not yet confirmed.

Claw, I can confirm the Tier 2 launchpad is still sticky. I was able to reproduce this reliably by building a rocket with LV-T30 (Reliant) engines in a radial configuration, whereby the rocket sits on the radial LV-T30s.

My exception detector shows a certain NRE by this mod:

Thanks for the log! I think I know what might be causing this. I will try to take a look tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Claw, I can confirm the Tier 2 launchpad is still sticky.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation!

Cheers,

-Claw

This is NOT obsolete: AnchoredDecouplerFix.dll

My SRBs now strike the main body and knock pieces off. As an experiment, I installed the version that worked in 0.90. Worked perfectly in v 1.0.

Edited by Apollo13

Claw, is it possible for you to tackle the high G force when embarking on EVA? I know Final Frontier had a few problems with awarding kerbals High G Force ribbons when they went on EVA and 1.0's stock camera shake also occurs so evidently, the problem lies with KSP and hasn't been fixed. Is this possible at all?

Claw, I can confirm the Tier 2 launchpad is still sticky. I was able to reproduce this reliably by building a rocket with LV-T30 (Reliant) engines in a radial configuration, whereby the rocket sits on the radial LV-T30s.

I can also confirm that the tier 2 launchpad in 1.0 still sticks to the BACC nozzles. The effect is not as strong as it was in 0.90 and the rocket can usually free itself, but usually ends up going in wonky directions from asymmetric sticking.

My SRBs now strike the main body and knock pieces off. As an experiment, I installed the version that worked in 0.90. Worked perfectly in v 1.0.

YEah, I've had SRBS knock a wing off or smack into the engine.

I can also confirm that the tier 2 launchpad in 1.0 still sticks to the BACC nozzles. The effect is not as strong as it was in 0.90 and the rocket can usually free itself, but usually ends up going in wonky directions from asymmetric sticking.

I also get this with Lt-45 engines if theres more than one on the bottom of the craft. A single engine doesn't seem to do it, but put 2 or more and it happens.

Heya, when going from VAB to launch pad with certain rockets, after loading is done, the screen will stay black but with all the HUD elements loaded. The speedometer reads NaNm/s. If I revert flight and then exit the VAB, Kerbin is gone and replaced with starry blackness. It has only done this with certain rockets, and I can't isolate what part of my rocket causes the issue. It has happened on certain rockets with entirely stock parts and on rockets with modded parts. If you'd like, I can upload the .craft of a rocket that reliably causes this issue.

Cheers!

YEah, I've had SRBS knock a wing off or smack into the engine.

I've noticed this problem, but with KSP 1.0 most of the issue seems to be from aero effects, the jettisoned SRB's or LF/O engine bits 'catch the wind' so to speak and flip out randomly, or it their center of mass is off set, by fins, or a decoupler hanging off it.

First, I want to say that I hear there is some incompatibility with my mod and RealChutes. I will fix it but it might be a couple days. If you want to use real chutes with stock bug fixes, I recommend you delete the Parachute directory from the BugFix folder.

Hmm, well... As mentioned above, areo does now affect the way parts fall off the craft now. I have seen the people lower the boosters a little on the decoupler to provide a little more kick above the CoM. My mod might work because it's actually applying more force to the decoupler half on the booster than what the stock module does.

However, I don't want to dismiss you guys completely. So if anyone has stock craft files, I'm happy to try and take a look.

Claw, is it possible for you to tackle the high G force when embarking on EVA?

Possibly, but I'd need a bit more detail on exactly what you are asking for. I think I know what you mean, but (beyond camera shake) what problem is it causing that I would be able to identify?

I can also confirm that the tier 2 launchpad in 1.0 still sticks.

Thanks for the confirmation. BACCs and LV-T30/45 seem to be the most affected, which is the same as in 0.90.

Cheers!

Yes! If you have a reliable stock craft that does this, please upload!

I've noticed this problem, but with KSP 1.0 most of the issue seems to be from aero effects, the jettisoned SRB's or LF/O engine bits 'catch the wind' so to speak and flip out randomly, or it their center of mass is off set, by fins, or a decoupler hanging off it.

I am thinking this too, which requires a bit of modification to compensate for. Although I know this bug has been a pain. I'm pretty confident that it's been fixed, but it might require some extra design considerations with NewAero.

Again, I don't want to sweep it to the side though. So feel free to upload!

Cheers,

-Claw

I am thinking this too, which requires a bit of modification to compensate for. Although I know this bug has been a pain. I'm pretty confident that it's been fixed, but it might require some extra design considerations with NewAero.-Claw

I know it can be a bit of a pain for people who don't know how to do so, but I've gone through and manually altered the decoupler force for all the decoupling bits, to basically zero, depending on the part, and then use seperatrons to push the parts away, this eliminates the possibility that the decoupler is the actual cause of the flip and impact. The advantage of this approach is that the seperatrons are really the only force acting to push the craft away, and if you're willing to fiddle the seperatrons around, you can account for the aero forces. Way more complicated, but satisfying for those of us that like that sort of challenge.

I also get this with Lt-45 engines if theres more than one on the bottom of the craft. A single engine doesn't seem to do it, but put 2 or more and it happens.

I think I got this with some vaneers too. Got massive lift, then on my next attempt, nothing. Was scratching my head, then decided to "wobble" the rocket,that worked. :P

Heya, when going from VAB to launch pad with certain rockets, after loading is done, the screen will stay black but with all the HUD elements loaded. The speedometer reads NaNm/s. If I revert flight and then exit the VAB, Kerbin is gone and replaced with starry blackness. It has only done this with certain rockets, and I can't isolate what part of my rocket causes the issue. It has happened on certain rockets with entirely stock parts and on rockets with modded parts. If you'd like, I can upload the .craft of a rocket that reliably causes this issue.

Cheers!

I'm having the same issue, only part mod I have atm is real chutes, otherwise all parts are stock. I actually broke my save game when I tried to recover the craft, now Kerbin is gone, no buildings and only the esc key and contract button works... Here's the save files in question.

craft file

ksp.log

output.log

persistant.sfs

Edit: Third game exit and reload got the space center back, will test some more to see what happens.

Edit 2: Happened again with a modified version of the above craft file. Also, recovery of the craft is not necessary for the disapperance of the space center. All you have to do is revert to vehicle assembly, then exit the vab, and the space center is gone.

Edit: 3 After more testing, I think the parachute fix is conflicting with Real Chutes. I removed the parachute fix and deleted the partdatabase file, and have yet to re-encounter the issue.

Edited by Rebelgamer

Hey Claw, theres a conflict going on between one of your fixes and Procedural Fairings. When I put a fairing onto a fairing ring (or any of the fairing bases really), it starts spamming this error until I remove it.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ClawKSP.MJFix.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Edited by smjjames

Hi Claw, would it be possible to add the decoupler Module to the fairings base and put it onto a separate staging event (so it acts like a PF fairing ring). I know how to add the decoupler with a MM patch, but it will fire when the fairings are detached, and AFAIK there is no way add it to a separate stage with MM (I checked on the MM thread).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.