[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Is this something that the ModuleParachuteFix controls or is it down to something else entirely?

Also in v1.0.2c.2 there was a slider to control the torque grip on wheels but in v1.0.2d.2 that seems to have gone. That slider was really useful, any chance of getting it back in?

Did you enable the StockPlus fixes?

Okay, there's a massive bug with the plus component of ModuleControlSurfaceFix. I'm not sure what the conditions are, but ailerons placed on a traditional planform aircraft are almost always reversed. Elevons on a delta wing seem mostly fine.

It's particularly weird if you fly the stock Stearwing A300. The ailerons at the ends of the wings are reversed, but the inboard and mid-wing roll control surfaces work as normal. The result is that the wing flexes, but there's no roll control at all.

With "plusEnabled = False" in ModuleControlSurfaceFix.cfg the problem is gone.

I also just experienced this while using 1.0.2d.2 - googled for it and INCORRECTLY found this support thread and made a poor post. :-/

What I can now confirm is that with only StockBugFixModules, StockPlus, and ModuleManager 2.6.3, my roll enabled ailerons respond inverse of expected when placed in front of the CoM.

If it helps I'll upload a debug dump but seeing as others are also reporting the issue I'm going to turn off Plus and continue playing. :-)

Thanks again for your diligent fixes Claw!

I have a problem where my Kerbals get "stuck" with a direction turned on. The reason I post here is a bit off topic, but I'm not sure where to go. Normally I would first look up the known issues first and see if it is listed, but I just can't seem to find the thread for 1.0. I can find the old one for 0.90 but I just can't seem to find the new one. Can anyone point me to it?

But it seems dumb do say I have a problem without mentioning it, so....

Kerbals get "stuck" in a mode where they act as if you are holding down the key that makes them move in a certain direction. On EVA they keep thrusting in one direction. On the surface, they walk continuously in one direction. On a ladder they keep climbing.

If you hold down the key for the opposite direction, it stops. But only while you hold down the key. If you release it, they go back to walking/climbing/thrusting continuously in the "stuck direction". You can't switch away (they are under acceleration). If you board a ship, things I don't understand happen (the ship starts to tilt, as if the stuck control is transfered to the ship? Or the Kerbal inside is still pushing"). If you quick and restart things seem OK.

I am using KSP 1.0.2 on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.7.5

I have a little Q about the ModuleParachuteFix. When I used the StockBugFixModules.v1.0.2c.2 the parachutes worked beautifully in that they where spread apart when deployed, like this;

Is this something that the ModuleParachuteFix controls or is it down to something else entirely?

Also in v1.0.2c.2 there was a slider to control the torque grip on wheels but in v1.0.2d.2 that seems to have gone. That slider was really useful, any chance of getting it back in?

Thanks Claw, your work on these stock fixes is really appreciated, I imagine that some of them are tricky to fix too.

Yes, these things are still there. You have to edit the StockPlusController.cfg with a plain text editor and change the plusActive = False to plusActive = True. That will turn on the extra features.

Based on other reports, I would recommend disabling the ModuleControlSurfaceFix by editing the ModuleControlSurfaceFix.cfg and changing plusEnabled to False.

On parachutes: I've only played with 1.0.2d.2. I used a craft with three of each of the 5 types, for this test.

Radial attach types (drogue and normal) are spreading nicely for me, but node-attach types, seem to go straight up and clip into each other as usual.

This is consistent with the way they work at the moment. The node connected ones didn't always deflect the correct direction, so I disabled those for now. I do plan on extending the chute spread to cover the node ones as they used to.

Okay, there's a massive bug with the plus component of ModuleControlSurfaceFix. I'm not sure what the conditions are, but ailerons placed on a traditional planform aircraft are almost always reversed. Elevons on a delta wing seem mostly fine.

I apologize to you guys for this one. I know exactly what's going wrong there. Disabling the StockPlus on ModuleControlSurfaceFix as you said (by editing ModuleControlSurfaceFix.cfg and changing plusEnabled to False) should prevent those issues until I can get in there and fix it properly.

I have a problem where my Kerbals get "stuck" with a direction turned on. The reason I post here is a bit off topic, but I'm not sure where to go. Normally I would first look up the known issues first and see if it is listed, but I just can't seem to find the thread for 1.0. I can find the old one for 0.90 but I just can't seem to find the new one. Can anyone point me to it?

I think this one is either a Unity problem with how it handles keyboard inputs, or a failure by KSP to unlock running mode. When I have had this, it's because I'm using SHIFT along with the movement keys (to make the kerbal run faster). If you're holding SHIFT when you let go of the movement key, they kerbal wants to keep running. The only way to stop it is to hold SHIFT again and press in the direction they are running. (So if they are going forward, hold SHIFT and W). Then release SHIFT before releasing the direction key.

Hopefully that's the bug you're seeing. If not, then Idk...

Hey claw, you going to include Inflight Ship Save in this pack? Or do you have a separate thread for it?

It will probably remain as a separate download, due to it's highly experimental nature and very specific use. It's probably due for a recompile and testing with 1.0. I suspect it should still work with the exception of maybe incorrect handling of fairings, based on how they appear to work.

The Mk2/3 adaptor is still a bit on the floppy side:

Thanks for the heads up. I will comb through the parts and look for missing stragglers.

Again, sorry for all the issues with flight controls and engine gimbals. Hopefully the modularity of these fixes makes it easy to recover from my errors.

Cheers,

~Claw

Claw, sorry to bother you, but is it possible to fix Level one runway, or we need to wait official KSP release ?

Bug is described in this post.

If it consume too much time than only thing what can be done about it is to upgrade runway as soon as possible to level 2.

Cheers.

Claw, sorry to bother you, but is it possible to fix Level one runway, or we need to wait official KSP release ?

I can add it to the list of things to take a look at. Can't say that I've run into this myself, but I haven't messed with the fixed gear much either.

Cheers,

-Claw

I think this one is either a Unity problem with how it handles keyboard inputs, or a failure by KSP to unlock running mode. When I have had this, it's because I'm using SHIFT along with the movement keys (to make the kerbal run faster). If you're holding SHIFT when you let go of the movement key, they kerbal wants to keep running. The only way to stop it is to hold SHIFT again and press in the direction they are running. (So if they are going forward, hold SHIFT and W). Then release SHIFT before releasing the direction key.

Hopefully that's the bug you're seeing. If not, then Idk...

Thanks. The SHIFT key sounds like my problem.

To my other questions, is someone keeping a compilation of known issue for 1.0 someplace? Your thread here is the only one I know about and it is focused on bugs you think you can fix....

Thanks. The SHIFT key sounds like my problem.

To my other questions, is someone keeping a compilation of known issue for 1.0 someplace? Your thread here is the only one I know about and it is focused on bugs you think you can fix....

There is the official KSP bug tracker. http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp/issues

I typically maintain a thread of bugs (similar to the "Cross platform bugs in 0.90" link in my sig). I've not started one for 1.0 yet, due to time constraints. But yes, the official listing is in the bug tracker.

Cheers,

~Claw

I typically maintain a thread of bugs (similar to the "Cross platform bugs in 0.90" link in my sig). I've not started one for 1.0 yet, due to time constraints. But yes, the official listing is in the bug tracker.

Cheers,

~Claw

Yeah, that's what I was looking for. I'll make do until such time as you might be able to make one for 1.0.

Version 1.0.2d.3 is out. The major fix in this release fixes the bug where control surfaces would reverse roll input when in front of the CoM.

!! IMPORTANT: Another major change! StockPlus is still embedded within the download, but is disabled by default. You will have to download a separate StockPlusController.cfg file to enable StockPlus. I've changed this so that, in the future, you shouldn't have to worry about re-enabling StockPlus when you download a new release. !!

ModuleGimbalFix has StockPlus selectively disabled. If you want to enable it, you must edit the ModuleGimbalFix.cfg. (Since it's such a work in progress.)

I like to put out good quality, and I've been slipping in release 1.0.2d.x. I tried to go through each fix to give it a good cleaning. Hopefully this release will be a bit better.

Cheers,

~Claw

Edited by Claw

Have some annoying issue but it is not common for most of the players however:

Numpad keys seem to be permanetly bound to view rotation. But I have flight/movement controls bound on them. Sometimes when pressing Shift (increasing thrust or running on EVA) + num key it acts like a view key for some reason and starts spinning the view endlessly. The most "pleasant" it feels if happens while preparing to land.

I'm almost sure it's not my keyboard issue.

Hum, was control surface roll problem a stock bug or a bug in your fix ?

More of an issue in the interface between the two. The stock control surfaces apparently rely on the sign of the flight control deflection from the previous frame, but only for roll. For pitch and yaw, it uses the current frame. Basically the roll code is happening before the code that checks if the flight control is in front of the CoM. Since the StockPlus part fiddles with the control range, the roll setting was getting the wrong sign.

Have some annoying issue but it is not common for most of the players however:

Numpad keys seem to be permanetly bound to view rotation. But I have flight/movement controls bound on them. Sometimes when pressing Shift (increasing thrust or running on EVA) + num key it acts like a view key for some reason and starts spinning the view endlessly. The most "pleasant" it feels if happens while preparing to land.

I'm almost sure it's not my keyboard issue.

I have the same setup. I remapped the view keys away from the standard arrow keys and that fixes the view rotation. As for the continuous spinning, you have to let go of SHIFT first. That's a problem in either Unity or how KSP locks the movement keys. I don't think I can fix that one with a plugin.

Cheers,

-Claw

+ [FIXED IN KSP v1.0] AnchoredDecouplerFix.dll

+ [FIXED IN KSP v1.0] EVAEjectionFix.dll

Playing 1.0.2, Win32, mostly vanilla, and these are not fixed. I've had one Kerbal go spinning off on EVA, and my decouplers are still woefully underpowered. (E.g. a Hydraulic Detachment Manifold can only push an empty Kickback a few meters away horizontally, at 20k altitude travelling at 1k/s... am I expecting too much?)

Edit: I've read back and seen a little back and forth on the decouplers... just add my vote to the "can we have it back, please".

Edited by Rawling

I have the same setup. I remapped the view keys away from the standard arrow keys and that fixes the view rotation. As for the continuous spinning, you have to let go of SHIFT first. That's a problem in either Unity or how KSP locks the movement keys. I don't think I can fix that one with a plugin.

I've got it. Thanks.

Hi,

First, allow me to express my thanks to you for all this work you've done. You certainly make the game more enjoyable to play.

I've enabled the StockPlus in the StockPlusController.cfg file

I have a concern in that when I install the next update, whenever that will be, that this will be overwritten, and I'll forget to turn it back on again. Given that I have a large number of mods installed, and also play on at least 3 different systems (Windows, OSX and Linux), I am concerned that I will remember this.

Would you be able to do one of the following:

1. Make this an option which can be set in the configuration during runtime

or

2. Check for the file outside of this directory tree

or

3. If the file isn't there, assume it is disabled and then delete the file from your release. If the file IS there, follow whatever is in it. This way, if I put the file there, it will be honored, but if it isn't there, you will have the same results as if you had stockplus disabled in the file

Thanks

Edit: This may be a duplicate post, if so, please accept my apologies

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer

I know what you mean, this is the one mod I have to keep track and not install automatically.

For the config file you mentioned, you can actually just put it anywhere (its mentioned on the readme), so just put it in the root folder, for disabling specific modules is another thing.

However, you don't need to aggressively update in every iteration, just check the changelog if its something you want or need.

@linuxgurugamer

I know what you mean, this is the one mod I have to keep track and not install automatically.

For the config file you mentioned, you can actually just put it anywhere (its mentioned on the readme), so just put it in the root folder, for disabling specific modules is another thing.

However, you don't need to aggressively update in every iteration, just check the changelog if its something you want or need.

Thanks.

I saw that, thanks. I re-read the first page after I wrote this post, and saw that I could put it in the GameData directory.

I install this via CKAN, which keeps it up-to-date for me, which is why I had the concern.

LGG

A problem with ModuleGimbalFix: have constantly rendering plume in the VAB for LV-909 and the engine doesn't appear in staging.

I've had that before with a corrupted settings file for an addon. You can either go through looking for settings files that are empty or filled with weird characters or just delete everything and reinstall addons.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.