[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Thanks for this great set of fixes. One request, in the wheels fix plus, could you make the grip tweakable go lower. Eg. allow tweaking it down to 1/2 or 1/3. Without the fix, wheels are so slidy, but with the fix they get so grippy sometimes that I'd like to be able to tweak them down a bit.

ModuleWheelFix might go away completely. The actual fixes are no longer needed, so I may abandon the whole module. Unless there's further demand for continuing the grip tweak as part of StockPlus.

With the release of 1.0.5 it looks as though there are a few bug fixes you won't need to include anymore :)

Indeed. The goal was to get down to zero, but it looks like there's two left (maybe three).

Has anybody been able to confirm whether SQUAD included the kerbal debris fix? From a few streams I saw, it didn't look like it.

From the readme:

* Workaround for kerbals becoming debris added, to prevent serious issues.

The test that I just did showed that the kerbal recovered. They still ragdoll (as they should), but there's a fix in 1.0.5 that should recover them when you try switching to them. There is another more difficult bug to trigger, where the kerbal remains fixed in the command chair after ragdolling. I don't know if that's the one you saw (or if it's still in 1.0.5).

I will be working on updating this tonight. Hopefully I will have a tested release in a day or two. I suspect the SymmetryActionFix ought to work still (and is still needed), but I haven't confirmed that yet.

Cheers,

~Claw

ModuleWheelFix might go away completely. The actual fixes are no longer needed, so I may abandon the whole module. Unless there's further demand for continuing the grip tweak as part of StockPlus.

I'd like to see it as ModuleWheelTweak as part of stock plus. I really like the wheel grip multiplier.

There is another more difficult bug to trigger, where the kerbal remains fixed in the command chair after ragdolling. I don't know if that's the one you saw (or if it's still in 1.0.5).

Actually, yeah, I think that's what I saw, it was during newbiusmaximus's stream while he was making the jetpack thingy. The kerbal had gone ragdoll but was still in the chair, looked like the blast had broken the poor kerbals neck.

There was also another one where the kerbal seemed stuck in T pose while bouncing on the water, but that might not have been the 'kerbal debris' bug.

I must say that this is easily among the best of mods. Alongside Alarm Clock and Engineer, this pack improves the game dramatically. Especially the fairing and gimbal fixes. Gimbal speed alone saved a design of mine with a long wiggly payload in a long fairing.

Though I must inquire -- why, when plus is enabled for ModuleGimbalFix, does gimbal speed not not default to active? I was a little surprised that it had to be turned on for every newly placed engine, rather than an option to turn it off.

Finally, a minor issue to report -- the instructions for installation state "Unzip the zip file to the KSP/GameData directory. ModuleManager.X.X.X.dll and StockPlusController.dll should be in the root GameData directory next to a StockBugFixModules folder." Doing this caused several of my engines to start spewing flame down and also with second jet to the left in the editor, and they exploded on the pad. Attempting (somewhat hamhandedly) to fix this completely broke both editors, which I've just finished recovering from. 'Turns out the dll would much rather be in the StockBugFixModules folder, otherwise it thinks it's missing, causing a null pointer in the editor, curiously exposing the flag and two kerbal parts, which would rotate and quickly scale up on hover.

This will of course only affect users who read the readme closely enough to think they need to move StockPlusController.dll out of the StockBugFixModules folder and into GameData. Unzipped as is, it works without issue.

Claw, I have a mostly unrelated question, but I think it could pertain to stock plus. About 4 months ago you quickly whipped up a plugin that disables highlighting in flight for use by video editors and internal craft design. I suggest that you add it to stock plus? I think it would fit nicely as a toggleable hotkey (Or maybe added to the ALT-F12 debug?).

- The real thing I want to mention though is that HighlighterOff has a bug where if you are hovering over a part in flight as it finishes loading physics it remains highlighted for the duration of the flight scene. Is there a chance you could update it? ;.;

Added to StockPlus, and the bug is fixed.

I've been getting some log-spam while in the SPH/VAB of
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ClawKSP.MASFix.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Fixed, thanks!

I guess you already know whats up with the wheels, so this probably doesn't matter. But, i disabled Plus for the wheels, and the super-wheelies persist.

Fixed, thanks!

Judging by preview videos, gimbals still jerk like crazy in 1.0.5...

Yes, so I've updated ModuleGimbalPlus and PilotRSAS fix. They aren't fool-proof, but might help (and unlock some adjustable parameters) with some of the trickier designs.

One request, in the wheels fix plus, could you make the grip tweakable go lower.

Done. Now goes from 0.1 to 3.

With the release of 1.0.5 it looks as though there are a few bug fixes you won't need to include anymore :)

Indeed. Many of the fixes are now obsolete, and the old modules consist of only StockPlus elements. (OP is updated, but an update post to come shortly.)

I'd like to see it as ModuleWheelTweak as part of stock plus. I really like the wheel grip multiplier.

Done. You can now tweak forward stiffness, as well as side stiffness.

I must say that this is easily among the best of mods. Alongside Alarm Clock and Engineer, this pack improves the game dramatically. Especially the fairing and gimbal fixes. Gimbal speed alone saved a design of mine with a long wiggly payload in a long fairing.

Though I must inquire -- why, when plus is enabled for ModuleGimbalFix, does gimbal speed not not default to active? I was a little surprised that it had to be turned on for every newly placed engine, rather than an option to turn it off.

Thanks for the compliment. :D It's disabled by default because it was causing serious issues for people who aren't looking for that sort of controlability in their simple rocket designs. To the point that some folks were posting to the support forum. My aim is always non-intrusion. Perhaps (with the new GUI) I can make this a toggleable default.

'Turns out the dll would much rather be in the StockBugFixModules folder, otherwise it thinks it's missing, causing a null pointer in the editor, curiously exposing the flag and two kerbal parts, which would rotate and quickly scale up on hover.

Ah good catch. That was old info, based on an earlier release. Though that section was just removed with the 1.0.5 compatible release.

My question is: do I still include the Bug Fix Modules in v1.0.5 for the time being ... or should I run without it? What would you suggest, Claw?

I suggest checking out the [b]brand new release![/b] :D

(Keeping my fingers crossed.)

Expect more info and further updates to come.

Cheers,

~Claw

Version 1.0.5a.1 is released (compatible with KSP v1.0.5.1028).

IMPORTANT: With the release of KSP 1.0.5, StockBugFixModules and StockPlus has undergone a major overhaul. Many of the fixes from the last StockBugFixModules release have been incorporated into Stock KSP.

The primary fixes that are still needed are SymmetryActionFix (for symmetry problems in the editor), PilotRSASFix (to help with advanced Pilot abilities), and ModuleProceduralFairing (fixes some issues in the editor). So for many folks, you might not even need this anymore.

!!! Please delete any old installations of KSP-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules before installing. !!!

1) Unzip the zip file to the KSP/GameData directory.

2) During the first launch of KSP after StockBugFixPlus installation, a GUI will pop up asking you to configure the StockPlus options.

3) Save your settings and enjoy.

NOTE: Do NOT delete StockBugFixPlusController.dll. None of the modules (including fixes) will function without it.

Press MOD+F8 to bring up the GUI any time in-game. Some setting changes will require a scene change, but none require a KSP restart.

With this change, settings will now be persistent across add-on updates.

Pic of some of the StockPlus options, and the GUI.

kg9o17F.png

eZ1sgyY.jpg

Cheers,

~Claw

The Kerbal Debris bug still exists....

Do tell. And if you have an example, please share.

Kerbals being knocked out of seats was fixed, but there might still be problems with kerbals who are knocked-out, but are still attached to the seat. Is that what you are seeing?

Hi, in some aviation related KSP discussion groups would it be possible to add fuel storage capacity to stock wing sections under StockPlus?

Well, that's just an easy ModuleManager file to create (which, ironically, I just did away with). However, I think I've seen a mod like that already, though I don't recall the name.

Dude... the download size is just about half it was in the last release of KSP. It's good to see your fixes are sure enough becoming stock :)

Indeed. Plus I was able to shed ModuleManager, which slims things down a little. I think the .zip is about 46kb now? :)

Cheers,

~Claw

Uhhmm... maybe I'm stupid, but when I click on the download link on the OP, it goes to the GitHub page, but the files don't seem to have anything to do with what actually needs to be placed in gamedata. I mean, it's source files and readme's, but I don't find any updated .dll or even any new config files, as they appear in the version for 1.0.4, anyway. Like I said, I'm probably just dumb and missing something obvious, so hopefully someone can explain this in words of one syllable or less. :confused:

Update: Okay, duh, never mind, I was clicking the wrong link, everything's fine here, we're all fine... How are you?

:blush:

Edited by Neutrinovore

Do tell. And if you have an example, please share.

Kerbals being knocked out of seats was fixed, but there might still be problems with kerbals who are knocked-out, but are still attached to the seat. Is that what you are seeing?

No It was a different one where they hit another part hard and turned into debris.... Happened in one of my boats.

This is going to sound like a stupid question but what the hell is the MOD key? I've tried every combination of CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT with F8 and it does absolutely nothing. EDIT: Now that you mention it I haven't gotten the Stock Plus initial config window, either. Something is FUBAR.

FYI I am using version 1.0.4.c2 of the mod according to CKAN (with which I installed it) and running KSP version 1.0.4 until the post-release clusterf#$k blows over. So... help plz?

Edited by Auriga_Nexus

I can't get the StockPlus gui to appear. I'm on Win 7, so I press Alt + f8, and... nothing. I've checked the ksp log and nothing in particular stands out as being related to this. I've eliminated all mods except MM, Stock Bug Fix Modules and StockPlus. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this? Things to investigate/look at/poke around/try?

Thanks!

Edited by wreckreation

This is going to sound like a stupid question but what the hell is the MOD key?

FYI I am using version 1.0.4.c2 of the mod according to CKAN (with which I installed it) and running KSP version 1.0.4 until the post-release clusterf#$k blows over. So... help plz?

Windows MOD key is ALT. Otherwise, what selfish_meme said. Also, StockBugFix v1.0.4c.2 doesn't include the GUI. The GUI is part of the StockBugFixPlus 1.0.5a.1 overhaul/update.

+1 to add tweakable defaultness of gimball fix.

Noted. :)

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this? Things to investigate/look at/poke around/try?

Thanks!

As mentioned above, please make sure you are running the newest version of StockBugFix (v1.0.5a.1). Version 1.0.4c.2 does not include a GUI. If you are using version 1.0.5a.1, then please start up KSP and grab the log file. Also, you can delete the StockBugFixPlus.cfg file, and the GUI should pop up again the next time you run KSP.

Unfortunately it was a lot of work to update for 1.0.5, and to rewrite things and integrate it all into one package. So I don't plan on releasing a 1.0.4 compatible version with a GUI.

Cheers,

~Claw

Windows MOD key is ALT. Otherwise, what selfish_meme said. Also, StockBugFix v1.0.4c.2 doesn't include the GUI. The GUI is part of the StockBugFixPlus 1.0.5a.1 overhaul/update.

Noted. :)

As mentioned above, please make sure you are running the newest version of StockBugFix (v1.0.5a.1). Version 1.0.4c.2 does not include a GUI. If you are using version 1.0.5a.1, then please start up KSP and grab the log file. Also, you can delete the StockBugFixPlus.cfg file, and the GUI should pop up again the next time you run KSP.

Unfortunately it was a lot of work to update for 1.0.5, and to rewrite things and integrate it all into one package. So I don't plan on releasing a 1.0.4 compatible version with a GUI.

Cheers,

~Claw

Well, then I'll just have to pass until 1.0.5 I guess. I'm just waiting on a few essential mods to be ready before I make the switch. But thanks anyway. Also, as an IT professional I kinda feel bad that I didn't know what the mod key was. But now I do so thanks :)

Edited by Auriga_Nexus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.