[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

This is probably unrelated to this mod, as there's a chance it's one of a few causing it. I have a heavily modded game though, and tracking down these Nulls are near impossible for a guy like me (who's completely stupid on this stuff). This is my log file. The message I'm getting now, after installing this mod and 4 others (CKAN), is this:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Vessel.GetUnloadedVesselMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Vessel.GetTotalMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Vessel.CalculatePhysicsStats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Vessel.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

No idea what's causing it. Nothing obvious standing out to me. I realize your time is valuable, and understand if you haven't time to consider this one, especially since it may not even be your mod (as far as I know, 1/5 chance). The tracking station also has a problem where I can click on any craft in the list, but the three buttons at the bottom (i.e. fly) will not work.

My mod list is pretty big... this mod list isn't updated with the latest version of everything, but I have the latest versions of everything on this list.

Edited by charliepryor
Additional symptom and context added.

@Claw There is a bug with the Pyramids easter egg at Kerbin.
Once you get close to it, the game starts to lag and leak memory. the lag slight reduces when you look away from it, and the game returns to normal speed once it get out of range, but the memory remains the same.

I'm using KSP 64bit for linux - nVidia GTX750.

12 hours ago, luizopiloto said:

There is a bug with the Pyramids easter egg at Kerbin.

Hmm. I was there not that long ago and didn't notice a problem. Was this in career or sandbox? And did you fly, rocket, or drive there?

Hello, i try this mod because my vessels and engines are shaking when i use sas. But, when i use this mod, i can not enter/exit buildings, if i delete this mod, all is working. is there any way to use this mod for me? is this a known issue?

3 hours ago, M4ssler said:

is there any way to use this mod for me? is this a known issue?

Can you be more descriptive about not being able to enter/exit buildings? There was a report (a while ago) about the main KSC view locking into a sort of "side view" and wouldn't allow you to enter any of the buildings. This is caused by locking out all of the inputs (and this mod does not do any input locking). In that previous case, I believe it was an add-on interaction issue. Are you using any other add-ons? And are there any errors or warnings in your log file?

Some things you can try to do to make it work:

• Install only the Controller file, and remove all the sub folders. Run it this way and see if it works.
  • If that works, add only the PilotRSASFix folder and see if that helps.

If all you want is the SAS fix, then those two files are all you need. The other options will show up in the GUI, but they will not function.

Cheers,
~Claw

6 hours ago, Claw said:

Can you be more descriptive about not being able to enter/exit buildings? There was a report (a while ago) about the main KSC view locking into a sort of "side view" and wouldn't allow you to enter any of the buildings. This is caused by locking out all of the inputs (and this mod does not do any input locking). In that previous case, I believe it was an add-on interaction issue. Are you using any other add-ons? And are there any errors or warnings in your log file?

Some things you can try to do to make it work:

• Install only the Controller file, and remove all the sub folders. Run it this way and see if it works.
  • If that works, add only the PilotRSASFix folder and see if that helps.

If all you want is the SAS fix, then those two files are all you need. The other options will show up in the GUI, but they will not function.

Cheers,
~Claw

maybe its not this mod. i try to start a new career and it worked with Stock Bug Fix Modules. my old savegame works without it and not with it. i´don´t know whats the problem, because there is no error in debug menu.

i try all variations of dll, reinstall the game and all mods. ist just working with a new savegame (same mod combination). So i have to live with my vessel shaking, because i spend much time for what i´ve done

Edited by M4ssler

On 8/23/2016 at 5:12 AM, Claw said:

Hmm. I was there not that long ago and didn't notice a problem. Was this in career or sandbox? And did you fly, rocket, or drive there?

Flew a plane there... landed close to it... and the game started to degrade performance...

On 18/10/2014 at 9:08 AM, Claw said:

I'm working on a series of stand-alone stock bug fix modules for common stock KSP bugs.

@Claw

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but how come I couldn't find the helmet light bug on the bug tracker?  Wouldn't it be a good idea to add confirmed bugs that you've made fixes for into bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com?

Edited by Sonny_Jim

4 hours ago, Sonny_Jim said:

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but how come I couldn't find the helmet light bug on the bug tracker?

Normally I would say yes, go put it on there. But in this case, I've actually already fixed it. So should be good to go in the next release. :)

I think you kinda missed my point.  Surely you should be adding these bugs into the bug tracker when they are found?

Also, even if it is fixed in the next version, it makes sense to add them in there so other people can see "Oh, it's an existing bug with version x.x".  Whenever I notice odd behaviour, one of the things I do before posting in the forums about it is to check the bug tracker to see if it's been noticed.

Edited by Sonny_Jim

24 minutes ago, Sonny_Jim said:

I think you kinda missed my point.  Surely you should be adding these bugs into the bug tracker when they are found?

I suppose perhaps I did. But that's probably because there is more than one layer to the bug tracker. During development, the developers work in a separate are of the tracker (cleverly titled Development). The public side of the tracker is simply to large to handle directly, so we tend to copy bugs over into the development side, or only write them up there. After things are fixed up, we link back to the public side and mark them as fixed.

5 minutes ago, Claw said:

The public side of the tracker is simply to large to handle directly

This only seems to confirm my belief that the public bug tracker is useless to both developers and end users alike.  I understand that the team is already aware of this, so fingers crossed the situation improves in the future.

8 hours ago, Sonny_Jim said:

This only seems to confirm my belief that the public bug tracker is useless to both developers and end users alike.

Perhaps I was being overly cryptic. It's not that the public tracker is useless for developers, it's that we do the primary work in a separate workspace. What isn't seen on the public tracker are the numerous links from those bug reports to the reports that we actually work on.

Asking developers to wade through hundreds and thousands of reports (some of which are rather sparse on details) isn't a very efficient use of their time. So what generally happens is that the QA folks comb through the public tracker and create linked copies of select bugs into the development tracker. Those can then be more easily explored by QA, assigned, fixed, tested, and resolved in a manageable and efficient way. If we were to work directly in the public tracker, it would be much more difficult to keep the workflow manageable on a daily basis.

Ideally, after the bulk of the work is done, the QA folks then go through all the reports that were closed in the most recent round of development and close out all the connected bugs in the public tracker. The problem is that there are sometimes so many repeats, that it's impossible or impractical to close them all out. Hence the reason for our asking for help (a couple months ago) with re-confirming or killing off bug reports on the public side.

10 hours ago, Claw said:

Asking developers to wade through hundreds and thousands of reports (some of which are rather sparse on details) isn't a very efficient use of their time.

I agree this would be a waste of time but it wasn't really what I was asking about.  All I was asking is that when you do find a bug that impacts users (like the aforementioned helmet bug), I feel it would be better for everyone if that was visible on the public tracker.  I don't understand why bugs that affect gameplay are 'hidden' from the people playing the game?

I don't suppose there's an easy way to reactivate the overheating part code and recompile is there?  Because I think I'm still experiencing the bug.  I described it here; https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/51pnah/station_suddenly_being_destroyed_on_docking/

Not sure what is going on but trying to find other people with a similar problem led me to here, just thought I'd ask.

Hi all, and to Mr. Claw:

Got the bug and installed the fix. Only problem is I don't see the docking port fix when I alt-F8, and there is no "Force Decouple" popping up on either of the ports in question. Did I somehow install the fix incorrectly? Thanks for the help!

R

Edited by rvanvalkenburg
Forgot to say thanks

Sorry for being missing for so long. As you can imagine, it's been a bit busy around here with 1.2 rapidly approaching.

On 9/3/2016 at 3:57 AM, Nerfclasher said:

@Claw do you know any way to fix a bug that causes heavy craft to jump out of the water?

I don't have a fix for this one in these bug fixes. I think this was brought up before, and was primarily related to a mod with huge ships (not that it's necessarily the mod's fault, but it used the mod in order to generate a large enough craft). I did investigate some, but didn't have the time to really dive into it.

On 9/8/2016 at 6:51 AM, strideknight said:

I don't suppose there's an easy way to reactivate the overheating part code and recompile is there?

I'm not sure if this is the same issue or not. The other overheat issue was related to parts that were really small and had thermal properties that became improperly clamped (i.e. when things got really small, not all the numbers were being kept within reasonable values of each other). The docking ports should be large enough that the same but isn't an issue. However, it certainly sounds like it's acting similarly.

I don't suppose someone has a stock craft in a save that is exhibiting this issue?

On 9/13/2016 at 3:09 PM, rvanvalkenburg said:

Only problem is I don't see the docking port fix when I alt-F8, and there is no "Force Decouple" popping up on either of the ports in question.

If you aren't seeing the option, then either it's not detecting a stuck port (so maybe a different kind of bug) or the fix is not installed correctly.

To check the install:

1. The StockBugFixPlus folder should be in KSP/GameData
  2. In the StockBugFixPlus controller, you need at least the StockBugFixPlusController.dll and the DockingPortFix folder
  3. I highly recommend also keeping the RendererFix folder (this one prevents later issues with docking or kerbals getting stuck on EVA)

Also, double check that the docking port isn't surface attached to the other docking port. Sometimes when connecting ports in the editor, the second docking port might have gotten surface attached. In which case, it will not undock, nor will the docking port fixer detect/fix that problem. (This won't be an issue if you docked the two ports in-flight.)

Cheers,
~Claw

On 9/8/2016 at 6:51 PM, strideknight said:

I don't suppose there's an easy way to reactivate the overheating part code and recompile is there?  Because I think I'm still experiencing the bug.  I described it here; https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/51pnah/station_suddenly_being_destroyed_on_docking/

You wouldn't happen to have the station in a polar orbit, and disaster strikes when you're flying over the poles? Up to 1.1.3 at least, there's still this bug around that will randomly kill craft when they pass 'too' close over the exact position of the poles.

Just throwing out some ideas; I haven't had any random overheats in 1.1.x yet otherwise.

4 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

there's still this bug around that will randomly kill craft when they pass 'too' close over the exact position of the poles.

You don't happen to have an example of this one do you? I thought this was fixed in 1.1.X. I know for sure it was fixed for ground cases, and I thought for "not landed" also, but would be good to know if it's still an issue.

2 minutes ago, Claw said:

You don't happen to have an example of this one do you? I thought this was fixed in 1.1.X. I know for sure it was fixed for ground cases, and I thought for "not landed" also, but would be good to know if it's still an issue.

I didn't know it was supposed to be fixed, I thought it was one of those 'known problems for OCD people because the code can't handle too close to zero orbit parameters' things, or I would've kept a save.

I can see if I can redo it, but I've been playing pure stock and there's no stock readouts that trigger the urge to flush out the last decimals. As I remember it takes a few more decimals than stock will show. :P

On 9/26/2016 at 11:18 AM, hero21b said:

Is the 'force undock' supposed to show up in a given docking port's commands? I'm not seeing an obvious means of using it.

Yes, shows up as a command on the docking port just like "Undock".  It only shows up on one port I think.  Be sure to check both docking ports.  It may only show up after you've tried to undock once in that play session.

On 9/28/2016 at 1:52 AM, hab136 said:

Yes, shows up as a command on the docking port just like "Undock".  It only shows up on one port I think.  Be sure to check both docking ports.  It may only show up after you've tried to undock once in that play session.

Thank you for the response, I guess I'll have to try the hard way then; I got to the moon with an Apollo-style craft (which undocked and flipped around at Kerbin) before the docking ports stopped working, and the undock button only showed up the first time i tried.

Edit: It showed up! Had to restart the game a few times and had already sent a rescue mission but the button appeared after all, and it worked!

Edited by hero21b

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.