[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

1 hour ago, Murdabenne said:

How does 1.2 affect this mod?  IOW, in 1.2 did they fix any of the stock bugs that 1.1.3 needed this mod to fix?  Which older bugs are there that need to be handled, and any new 1.2 bugs added to the fix list?

I think its way too early to return to this mod--- though 1.1.3 games should still use it.

I imagine Claw will be back to it at some point. :)

On 10/17/2016 at 5:53 PM, Murdabenne said:

How does 1.2 affect this mod?  IOW, in 1.2 did they fix any of the stock bugs that 1.1.3 needed this mod to fix?  Which older bugs are there that need to be handled, and any new 1.2 bugs added to the fix list?

Well, a huge number of these bugs were fixed in 1.2.
I'm not sure how many, if any of these, will be required. in 1.2

As is, it will not work on 1.2, but I think that's a given.  A recompile is needed for all of the modules, and some of them need their hooks changed.

@Claw, your new SAS is magnificent at pointing ships straight without shaking violently, but there seem to be troubles with roll. http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/12815

Any chance of quick fix?

And also what is the current logic behind RCS throttling in precise mode? It feels different and unbalanced.

Edited by Psycho_zs

Since no stock parts had the upgrade functionality, it never got tested in the prerelease, but it's incredibly annoying that the default is no to have the apply all upgrades button checked. Mods using the upgrade functionality Squad added now have a few posts in every thread saying nothing works, when the "solution" is to check that bloody box in sandbox (you'd assume sandbox gives you all the stuff, as it always had in the past).

It's not a bug, but it bugs, if you catch my drift.

12 minutes ago, Sol_Rokks_Teddy said:

where would one find this fix?

In next official SQUAD update. They have informed about this in first friday development update. Just have to be patient and wait for release.

• 3 weeks later...

So...if I'm following this thread completely...I no longer need "Stock-Bug-Fix-Controller-Plus" with KSP 1.2? What about the decoupling issue (the main reason I used SBFCP in the first place)? What about the chute angles being more realistic and all the other things it did? I only ask as I'm getting ready to upgrade to KSP 1.2 and I'm trying to get my few mods updated before doing so.

Edited by strider3

10 hours ago, Victor3 said:

I no longer need "Stock-Bug-Fix-Controller-Plus" with KSP 1.2?

Most of those fixes are included in stock game at time while @Claw was under SQUAD payroll trough KSP 1.2. development.
Can't tell how many of fixes from this mod were not included in stock release. Even less is known if Claw have desire to continue this mod or not. There was a lot of speculations what was happened between SQUAD and former developers, without true reliable info from both sides to get proper conclusion.

Can anyone verify that the docking port bug (ships not undocking when requested) has been fixed in 1.2? This was the #1 reason I installed the stock bug fix in 1.1.3. If it is still an issue in 1.2 I'll wait before dumping 1.1.3. I'm also holding off for an updated version of KER for 1.2. Patience is a virtue  :wink:

Edited by strider3
KER 1.1.2.6p installed

This is very likely a dumb question, but I searched and didn't find anything.  I noticed that Stock Bug Fixes is not listed on the Community Mods and Plugins Library forum page.  Is there a reason for this I'm overlooking, or is it just an oversight?  Not that it's terribly important, just Inquiring Minds Want to Know.tm  Thx!

22 minutes ago, tater said:

Yeah, the undocking bug certainly still exists.

Since Claw's status and status of this mod is unknown, you best bet is to open issue on SQUAD bug tracker. Providing craft file, savegame file and output log most certainly will help them to troubleshoot this and possible fix it in one of next releases.

More people that can provide files and reproducing steps for same issue could speed things up. I didn't encountered this bug yet, so there is no point to open issue on bug trucker by myself. However it will be good to post a link to it, if anyone open issue on official bug tracker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9-12-2016 at 9:06 PM, fourfa said:

Got hit with the undocking bug for the first time ever.  Running 1.2.2.  Sad face

The last time that happened to me, Kerbal Markup Lister really saved my game. Hopefully this can help you too. Be sure to make a copy of your persistent save file just in case something goes wrong.

Hello all

been playing 1.2+ for a while now and I miss this mod a lot, mainly for its ability to tweak controlsurfaces actuator speeds.

It was the one thing that made my planes fly way smoother and not ripping 'em apart at crazy speeds by more slowly increasing pitch on the control surfaces instead of the direct wsda contols .
Are there any mods known to do the same thing?

Or any chance this can get working again on 1.2+, perhaps as stand alone?

I think it was this:
https://github.com/ClawKSP/KSP-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules/blob/master/Source/ModuleControlSurfacePlus.cs

Thanks

Edited by Earthslug

Take a look at atmospheric autopilot, despite the name, it isn't an autopilot, it's a fly by wire system that basically acts like you wish SAS would in atmosphere. Keeps the surfaces under control and makes them behave dynamically with speed and atmospheric density.

Someone already reported some "bug" still present (docking port, mostly), BUT there are a LOT of useful addition from StockBugFixes that I never thought to be so an improvement:

- ParachutePlus: It was nice to set the angle of parachute spreding, and other related options
- ControlSurfacesPlus: setting/inverting their deployment was a nice touch in some creations
- GimbalPlus: have those upgraded control on gimbal also make a lot of use

Maybe in a less intrusive manner, as there is a lot of improvements up to 1.2.2, but sume old addition should be kept alive

(... by the time I'm testing if the latest 1.1.3 of the above still could work as they are... I'll report findings)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.