[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

3 hours ago, Araym said:

- ParachutePlus: It was nice to set the angle of parachute spreding, and other related options

KSP 1.2 added parachute spreading to stock.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see that post by @tg626.

Edited by Jacke

13 hours ago, tg626 said:

Take a look at atmospheric autopilot, despite the name, it isn't an autopilot, it's a fly by wire system that basically acts like you wish SAS would in atmosphere. Keeps the surfaces under control and makes them behave dynamically with speed and atmospheric density.

k Got the mod installed

Oh man... Been playing with the numbers in that GUI. A bit overwhelming at first but I'm starting to get it now.
That's insane stuff here! I set a G limit and the fly by wire does the rest.  This is even more reliable turning/pitching than my actuator speed trick.

I set a 15G limit, something my Jeb can just handle but passes out the tourists without wings falling of etc.

Tnx a ton for hinting me this mod!! 

It kinda has an unfortunate name given what it does, I ignored it for a long time because of the name, now I can't imagine flying without it!

I also use kramax autopilot for occasional autolanding and trajectories and navigation instruments to get all the various must have readouts for shuttle landings.

Edited by tg626

16 hours ago, tg626 said:

It kinda has an unfortunate name given what it does, I ignored it for a long time because of the name

I've never even entered the thread because of the name. Now I have it on my list of additional mods to look into for the future. Thanks!

On 12/25/2016 at 4:02 AM, Drew Kerman said:

I've never even entered the thread because of the name. Now I have it on my list of additional mods to look into for the future. Thanks!

Claw's bug-fixing-by-mod is what got him hired for the 1.1 and 1.2 development.  He knew his stuff. :)  And many of hix fixes and extras are now stock in 1.2

Of course, he's seemed to have disappeared post-1.2 release, so who knows if he'll ever continue this mod. Or even just do a 1.2 version as a last service to the community.

On December 27, 2016 at 4:02 AM, Laguna said:

Claw's bug-fixing-by-mod is what got him hired for the 1.1 and 1.2 development.  He knew his stuff. :)  And many of hix fixes and extras are now stock in 1.2

Of course, he's seemed to have disappeared post-1.2 release, so who knows if he'll ever continue this mod. Or even just do a 1.2 version as a last service to the community.

No not this thread, the thread tg626 was talking about that I quoted: atmosphere autopilot

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:18 AM, DuoDex said:

Thread unstickied. Claw's been gone a while, and these bug fixes have not been updated for 1.2, so they are essentially irrelevant. ;.;

Darn. I was hoping this would get updated for 1.2.x. I used this with my 1.0.5 install and I loved a lot of the little tweaks it had, especially for atmospheric flight/space planes. I got really used to things like control surfaces locking once in space. Having a space plane in space in 1.2 feels a bit funny now.

I know a lot of the tweaks in this got integrated into 1.2, but IMHO, not enough of them got in. I know the functional tweaks got priority, but some of the cosmetic stuff would've been nice. I'm hoping Claw comes back to this... Or someone forks and continues it. Otherwise, I guess I should get used to seeing my space planes waddling their control surfaces in space like fish out of water. (And of course, missing some of the functional tweaks that didn't make it into stock... Or did, but aren't quite the same. Hard to tell since I haven't touched my 1.0.5 install in a while and I basically skipped 1.1.x.)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a craft that likes to wobble a bit during flight. Is the SAS bug fix still a thing?  EEX mod solved it most of the time..this will be the first time it hasnt :/

or would KJR be a better option at this point? I havnt looked into it yet as there isnt an official 1.4+ release..but i now theres an updated fork around here somewhere.

Sorry for the spooky necro :sealed:

Stock SAS have changed a lot since those patches was actual. Claw is no longer around and I don't know if anyone taken over some of those fixes and maintain it under different name. I doubt that using latest available would give you any good on newer version of KSP.

Anyhow, I would suggest that you rather fix oscilation problem on craft in different way. Adjusting min/max gimbal angle on engines, deflection angle on control surfaces and different position of control surfaces on craft. You can also try with all moving control surfaces vs fixed wing+control surface or build in control surface.

You didn't say if you have issues with rocket or plane. I assume that you have issues with plane.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.