[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Is there any chance you could also have a look at this symmetry bug in the editor?

Thanks for the fantastic picture. I actually have fixed this problem already in my SymmetryActionFix, but that particular version hasn't been released yet. I was working on several symmetry things in the editor (including engine icons that come ungrouped in the stage stack). My aim was to have fix some of the more "in depth" recursive symmetry bugs (symmetry in symmetry), but perhaps it's been long enough that I will try to clean up this version for release (possibly today).

I might also include the debug highlight as a toggle option, since I think it looks pretty neat (but isn't exactly "stock"). Here's a teaser pic.

Cheers,

~Claw

Green highlight is the main branch you are hovering over. The blue highlight is the symmetric branch (or multiple branches for radial symmetry). The main highlighted part is actually slightly brighter, which is hard to see with modular girders from this angle.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

A very annoying stock bug that needs fixing. Claw can you fix the bug where your pilot is guiding your lander down on retrograde and a soon as he touches the ground he tries to flip the lander over unless you are very quick on the pilot command panel.

Thanks!

Update v0.1.7e is out. It includes updates to SymmetryActionFix.

Significant changes include:

- Fixes default SPH behavior to prevent locked radial symmetry for certain builds.

- Prevents symmetry part stage icons from separating

- Includes a symmetry highlighter function. Currently, the symmetry highlighter defaults to off (to retain stock look).

-- Press MOD+H to toggle symmetry highlight

-- Edit the included SymmetryActionFix.cfg to change keybinding or make highlighting default on.

The highlighter is a debug tool for other symmetry updates I am working on, but I included it in case people were interested.

Cheers,

~Claw

I've just installed this mod and my kerbals now get launched away from the ship when I go on EVA. It did happen before, but now it seems to happen every time. I am also now occasionally unable to go into jet pack mode, so my kerbals are basically lost.

Having said that, I have noticed some problems with science alert too (while orbiting, warp is not being stopped when new biomes are entered for EVA), so maybe I need a fresh KSP install.

@Probus

A) *nitpick* Thats not a bug *\nitpick*

B) Solved by this mod here

You guys are right. Technically its not a bug. But it sure is annyoing. Taniwha, I usually do that, but hate it when i forget. Since I play in ironman mode to add to the excitement, its doubly annoying when I forget to switch modes and my perfect landing turns... upside down. :huh:

Thanks for the link!

Probus: I have no disagreement whatsoever that it is annoying, and I too sometimes forget.

And hmm... that SAS Reset looks interesting. I use F a lot and have run into trouble because I forgot I was in a direction mode. F F F F F... why is SAS still swinging me around? F F F.... oh *click*.

I've just installed this mod and my kerbals now get launched away from the ship when I go on EVA. It did happen before, but now it seems to happen every time. I am also now occasionally unable to go into jet pack mode, so my kerbals are basically lost.

Having said that, I have noticed some problems with science alert too (while orbiting, warp is not being stopped when new biomes are entered for EVA), so maybe I need a fresh KSP install.

It sounds like you have some other mods installed. My ejection fix has some incompatibility with a few other mods, and disables itself when it runs into a problem (rather than locking up KSP). I can't swear that it isn't interfering with jet packs (because software is a finicky thing), but my ejection fix and frozen kerbal fix do not touch jet packs or any other kerbal controls. Nor do I examine biomes or deal with science in any of my mods.

So it would be helpful to me if you could provide a specific example of the problem, and some log files. If you can narrow it down to any of my fixes in particular, or maybe one of my fixes with another mod in particular, that would enable to me get to any potential problems much faster.

This is awesome Claw. You are my hero :D

These symmetry issues have driven me insane more than once.

Excellent! I have more plans for fixing symmetry (like Gizmos with high symmetry count), but at least now the editors shouldn't break symmetric craft while building (hopefully).

You guys are right. Technically its not a bug. But it sure is annyoing.
...And hmm... that SAS Reset looks interesting...

Yes, highly annoying indeed. However, I have a strange philosophy that I try to stick with in my fixes, where I'm not trying to change stock behavior but rather fix things that are broken so that they work as intended. I agree that it's a fine line, but I remain leery of adding functionality. My goal is to provide fixes for a person who would prefer stock, but can't enjoy the game because it breaks itself. To me, the problem you describe is undesirable mechanics, rather than a bug.

Even releasing my self built symmetry debug highlighter (in SymmetryActionFix) makes me a bit "uneasy" and feels like I've stepped over that line, which is why it disables itself and you have to go turn it on. I need it to continue my work. So rather than rip it out for release, I left it available in the background.

Hope that makes sense...

Cheers,

~Claw

Edited by Claw

But it sure is annyoing. Taniwha, I usually do that, but hate it when i forget. Since I play in ironman mode to add to the excitement, its doubly annoying when I forget to switch modes and my perfect landing turns... upside down.

No disagreement, but there is a distinction that has to be made between a bug (unintended behaviour) and a poorly implemented feature

And hmm... that SAS Reset looks interesting. I use F a lot and have run into trouble because I forgot I was in a direction mode. F F F F F... why is SAS still swinging me around? F F F.... oh *click*.

^^ So many times...

PS: It isn't obvious in the OP, but it also resets on touchdown now (and you can turn any of the three off) which is why I linked it (...Why do I always forget to update the OP...)

However, I have a strange philosophy that I try to stick with in my fixes

I wouldn't say that's strange at all. The focus for this mod is clearly fixing broken/buggy stock behaviour, not adding/extending functionality ;) (It's not like you don't have enough to look over already...)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Hi Claw,

Quick question: I'm having trouble affixing a B9 Procedural Wing to a Talisar TCS Cargo Bay. When I mouse the wing into place and then click to set it, I get a series of errors in the log (attached below). I noticed SAFix showing up in the log, so I thought to ask you first.

The part does not attach to the craft and stays attached to the cursor, I can release it by clicking into the background but after doing so it acts like the root node for the whole craft, ie, clicking it will pick up the whole craft. I am using a lot of mods, so I was wondering if you could take a look at this log and see where I should look for conflicts/bugs, ie, would it be in your code or B9 or TCS or RealFuels, etc. Thanks!

EDIT: Just noticed this only seems to happen if I am using symmetry, if I attach a single wing it seems to work ok.

[LOG 18:48:39.266] *RF MASS our mass = 0.8, prefab = 0.8, delta = 0
[LOG 18:48:44.076] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA added to ship - part count: 97
[LOG 18:48:44.076] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA | Target = proceduralTankRealFuels | Symmetry Count = 0
[LOG 18:48:44.077] SAFix.onPartAttach(): 1x symmetry in VAB detected. Radial symmetry set.
[LOG 18:48:44.090] stage count is: 2
[LOG 18:48:44.172] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[LOG 18:48:47.511] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[LOG 18:48:48.599] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA added to ship - part count: 97
[LOG 18:48:48.599] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA | Target = proceduralTankRealFuels | Symmetry Count = 1
[LOG 18:48:48.611] stage count is: 2
[LOG 18:48:48.612] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA added to ship - part count: 98
[LOG 18:48:48.612] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA | Target = proceduralTankRealFuels | Symmetry Count = 1
[EXC 18:48:48.613] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartModule].get_Item (Int32 index)
PartModuleList.get_Item (Int32 index)
ClawKSP.SAFix.UpdatePartAndChildren (.Part SourcePart, .Part UpdatePart, SymmetryMethod SymMethod)
ClawKSP.SAFix.onPartAttach (HostTargetAction`2 AttachedPart)
EventData`1[GameEvents+HostTargetAction`2[Part,Part]].Fire (HostTargetAction`2 data)
Part.setParent (.Part p)
EditorLogic.attachPart (.Part part, . attach)
EditorLogic.attachSymParts (.[] cAttaches)
EditorLogic.<SetupFSM>m__B4 ()
KerbalFSM.RunEvent (.KFSMEvent evt)
KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode)
KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM ()
EditorLogic.Update ()
[LOG 18:48:48.635] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[LOG 18:48:49.040] deleting part B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA
[LOG 18:48:49.651] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[LOG 18:48:49.879] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[LOG 18:48:50.641] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA added to ship - part count: 98
[LOG 18:48:50.642] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA | Target = proceduralTankRealFuels | Symmetry Count = 1
[LOG 18:48:50.655] stage count is: 2
[LOG 18:48:50.655] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA added to ship - part count: 99
[LOG 18:48:50.656] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA | Target = proceduralTankRealFuels | Symmetry Count = 1
[EXC 18:48:50.656] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
ClawKSP.SAFix.UpdatePartAndChildren (.Part SourcePart, .Part UpdatePart, SymmetryMethod SymMethod)
EventData`1[GameEvents+HostTargetAction`2[Part,Part]].Fire (HostTargetAction`2 data)
Part.setParent (.Part p)
KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM ()
EditorLogic.Update ()
[LOG 18:48:50.669] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[WRN 18:48:51.019] Part Warning: part B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA is not a child of proceduralTankRealFuels
[LOG 18:48:51.019] deleting part B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA
[WRN 18:48:51.069] *ST* Message recieved removing child, but can't find child
[LOG 18:48:51.969] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[LOG 18:48:52.110] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[LOG 18:48:52.172] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[LOG 18:48:52.236] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[LOG 18:48:52.847] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA added to ship - part count: 99
[LOG 18:48:52.848] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA | Target = TALMediumCargoBay | Symmetry Count = 1
[LOG 18:48:52.860] stage count is: 2
[LOG 18:48:52.860] B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA added to ship - part count: 100
[LOG 18:48:52.861] SAFix.onPartAttach(): Host = B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA | Target = TALMediumCargoBay | Symmetry Count = 1
[EXC 18:48:52.862] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Part.setParent (.Part p)
KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM ()
EditorLogic.Update ()
[LOG 18:48:52.883] *RF MASS our mass = 0.9439999, prefab = 0.9439999, delta = 0
[WRN 18:48:53.133] Part Warning: part B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA is not a child of proceduralTankRealFuels
[LOG 18:48:53.134] deleting part B9.Aero.Wing.Procedural.TypeA
[WRN 18:48:53.427] *ST* Message recieved removing child, but can't find child

Edited by jerb

Hmm. I think I see where it's happening, but I will try to download procedural wings to confirm (since I don't know how they are internally handled). Thanks for the logs, they are definitely helpful.

Cheers,

~Claw

I had the same problem with the B9 Procedural Wing, after removing SymmetryActionFix.dll from StockBugFixModules 0.1.7e all goes back to normal! SymmetryActionFix.dll from StockBugFixModules.v0.1.7d is ok.

Hi,

I am running 0.90 on a 64-bit Linux Mint 17.1 machine...

I have EVAEjectionFix, KerbalDebrisFix but I don't think they are loaded:

Kerbal Space Program - 0.90.0.0 (LinuxPlayer) Steam BETA

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8)
RAM: 32120
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (2718MB)
SM: 30 (OpenGL 4.4 [4.4.13283 Compatibility Profile Context 14.501.1003])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Wed, Mar 04, 2015 23:05:55

[LOG 23:05:55.960] Load(Assembly): /EVAEjectionFix
[LOG 23:05:55.961] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/cartman/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/EVAEjectionFix.dll
[ERR 23:05:55.967] Failed to load assembly /home/cartman/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/EVAEjectionFix.dll:
System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImageFrom (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.IO.Stream stream, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 23:05:55.967] Load(Assembly): /KerbalDebrisFix
[LOG 23:05:55.967] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/cartman/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KerbalDebrisFix.dll
[ERR 23:05:55.967] Failed to load assembly /home/cartman/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KerbalDebrisFix.dll:
System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImageFrom (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.IO.Stream stream, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 23:05:55.967] Load(Assembly): /ModuleManager.2.5.10

Edited by cartman

Okay, thanks for the feedback everyone. I did pull some pieces of code out that I thought might be redundant, but it looks like I snipped out too much.

I've pulled v0.1.7e for now, and you can use v0.1.7d. I will try to update within the next couple days. Sorry for troubles.

Cheers,

~Claw

Edited by Claw

Claw, sorry to be a pain in the butt...

I just recently had issues which were resolved with your fixes, but as of yesterday a new one (new circumstance) popped up. Haven't resolved it yet. It's a weird one. I started a thread on it in the Support (Modded Installs) section ... wasn't sure if I should put it here.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112493-Unresponsive-Kerbal-after-rover-crash

Edited by LordFerret

This is causing a bug in CKAN. CKAN is looking for a different file name and when it can't find the file it aborts and stops all other mods from installing. The Meta Data needs fixed.

That's crazy. CKAN is specifically designed to not bother modders in any way. It appears IT is causing problems with THIS, not the other way around.

I just recently had issues which were resolved with your fixes, but as of yesterday a new one (new circumstance) popped up. Haven't resolved it yet. It's a weird one. I started a thread on it in the Support (Modded Installs) section ... wasn't sure if I should put it here.

Inputs to my fixes are more than welcome directly into this thread. :) I responded in the other thread, but the short answer to your question is that my module does not address that scenario. I think I can fake a setup for this one and see about making a fix. I'm aiming to do some work on these modules this weekend and will see about bringing this one in.

This is causing a bug in CKAN. CKAN is looking for a different file name and when it can't find the file it aborts and stops all other mods from installing. The Meta Data needs fixed.

I've never used CKAN and don't know anything about it. Sorry. :(

Cheers,

~Claw

• 2 weeks later...

Claw, just a heads up that I'm borrowing some of your code from InflightShipSave for a small mod that I'm making that lets you modify a ship that's already in orbit (to add struts, fix fuel lines, or do other similar small tasks). Figured I'd let you know. I've got a really early proof of concept version here. It's the second one on that page, Re3.

Also, not sure if I've said it before, but thanks for these! Especially the decoupler fix, which drove me nuts in 0.24.2 when it was introduced. The bug ruined several designs I had, and made testing kOS scripts with the Kerbal X frustrating. Even using Sepratrons didn't help much.

Claw, just a heads up that I'm borrowing some of your code from InflightShipSave for a small mod that I'm making that lets you modify a ship that's already in orbit...

Ahh cool. That was an eventual track for this save utility, so nice work. And thanks for letting me know. :D

And you are welcome. The decoupler fix was one of my very first fixes, but is still probably the most popular.

Cheers,

~Claw

Claw, I love your bug-fixes, they've made the game less frustrating and more enjoyable. I'd like to report a small bug. If you strut the 3,75 m decoupler with the stage it's supposed to stay on it doesn't decouple. In fact the two stages stay together although you can no longer control the one from the other. If you try to time-warp the whole craft explodes on return to physics. Struts linking the 3,75m decoupler with the stage it separates from aren't a problem, nor the ones connecting the stages directly.

P.S. Here is a video of the bug in action - https://youtu.be/45PmeifoM0w?t=17m6s

Edited by mitko

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.