[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Hmm, well... As mentioned above, areo does now affect the way parts fall off the craft now. I have seen the people lower the boosters a little on the decoupler to provide a little more kick above the CoM. My mod might work because it's actually applying more force to the decoupler half on the booster than what the stock module does.

That may be it, then. How DARE Squad make aero more realistic and force me to to plan better. LOL. (I always used FAR before, so the new aero effects aren't too much different.)

Thanks, again, for the fixes you create.

Hi Claw, I understand that some people no longer want the radial decoupler fix but would it be possible for you to upload the old fix as a separate download?

I use stage recovery and SRB's with parachutes on always collide regardless of whether I use seperatrons or not, or where I put the chutes or how the SRB's are situated on the craft.

Hey Claw, theres a conflict going on between one of your fixes and Procedural Fairings. When I put a fairing onto a fairing ring (or any of the fairing bases really), it starts spamming this error until I remove it.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ClawKSP.MJFix.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Thanks for the report. I'm going to guess that the same thing I did with my MPFix is happening here. I will fix/update these in the next day or two, depending on another side project I'm working on. Thanks for the log bits. :)

Hi Claw, would it be possible to add the decoupler Module to the fairings base and put it onto a separate staging event (so it acts like a PF fairing ring). I know how to add the decoupler with a MM patch, but it will fire when the fairings are detached, and AFAIK there is no way add it to a separate stage with MM (I checked on the MM thread).

I'm not certain off hand, but possibly. Like some of the other things I've done, I try to stick with fixing stock bugs rather than adding functionality. However, I am thinking about creating a pack of "Stock Plus" type modules, that will add little features here and there for stock without changing things too much. This might fit right in with that.

That may be it, then. How DARE Squad make aero more realistic and force me to to plan better. LOL. (I always used FAR before, so the new aero effects aren't too much different.)

Thanks, again, for the fixes you create.

You are very welcome. :P

Hi Claw, I understand that some people no longer want the radial decoupler fix but would it be possible for you to upload the old fix as a separate download?

I'll see what I can do about that. Perhaps it (or something similar) will be part of that "Stock Plus" pack that I'm planning. Although it sounds like the 0.90 version might still work, if you want to grab that and give it a run while you wait.

Cheers,

~Claw

Possibly, but I'd need a bit more detail on exactly what you are asking for. I think I know what you mean, but (beyond camera shake) what problem is it causing that I would be able to identify?

When a kerbal goes on EVA, s/he is subject to high G-forces while/immediately after spawning on the hatch ladder. It doesn't really cause a problem per se, but the huge camera shake just feels odd - anyone could easily think it's some form of ragdoll glitch where the camera can't keep up with the super ragdolling kerbal or something. Maybe it's one for the Misc Utilities pile as it's not exactly a bug... either way, it's pretty jarring to be in calm, serene space and I'll just pop on EVA a min-BLAFFGDJADKAHJK-ute.

Thanks for the report. I'm going to guess that the same thing I did with my MPFix is happening here. I will fix/update these in the next day or two, depending on another side project I'm working on. Thanks for the log bits. :)

~Claw

I've actually gotten a few errors from the chute one, but it doesn't spam them.

Heres the log though so that you can see the full error stuff, theres a pretty large one that contains the chute one. http://sta.sh/0flfz1pszcj

Meanwhile, how do I get it to stop spamming the error, outside of just removing the file? It's really really annoying.

Edit: It seems to have been some kind of interaction with SpaceY's M1 "Moa" engine, I got it to stop though.

- - - Updated - - -

When a kerbal goes on EVA, s/he is subject to high G-forces while/immediately after spawning on the hatch ladder. It doesn't really cause a problem per se, but the huge camera shake just feels odd - anyone could easily think it's some form of ragdoll glitch where the camera can't keep up with the super ragdolling kerbal or something. Maybe it's one for the Misc Utilities pile as it's not exactly a bug... either way, it's pretty jarring to be in calm, serene space and I'll just pop on EVA a min-BLAFFGDJADKAHJK-ute.

I agree, the sudden jarring feels extremely unneccesary.

Edited by smjjames

snip

I'll see what I can do about that. Perhaps it (or something similar) will be part of that "Stock Plus" pack that I'm planning. Although it sounds like the 0.90 version might still work, if you want to grab that and give it a run while you wait.

Cheers,

~Claw

Many thanks

the 17.d version still works just fine :)

I have an apparent bug. Looked at the bug report thread and it was closed and no e-mail, so I'll post it here...

KSP Version: v1.0.0.830, Mac OS (don't know how many bits the Mac one is, but there is only the one).

What Happens: Activate engine. Get smoke and sound. Fuel gets used. Rocket doesn't move. The program and Kerbal Engineer both report a TWR of 1.6.

To Replicate: Try and launch the following craft...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v28li7e9nby7y5/Materials%20I.craft?dl=0

Mods/Add-Ons: Yours (without parachute drag, Mk3 Strength, and Symmetry Action fixes) and Kerbal Engineer.

Fixes/Workarounds: Having the rocket sit on its fins rather than the motor, doesn't help. Replacing the LV-909 with the LV-T45 does.

[Edit]

I just installed you mod today. So it should be the most recent. Installed the version of module manager you ship with it.

Meanwhile, how do I get it to stop spamming the error, outside of just removing the file? It's really really annoying.

Working on these. Sorry for the delay, but hopefully my time will be well spent on this other project. Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday I will get the mod incompatibilities sorted for the stock fixes.

I have an apparent bug. ...

I downloaded your craft, but it appears to be corrupted somehow. There's no text in it, so I don't know if it's zipped or maybe you grabbed the wrong file?

Cheers,

~Claw

Hi Claw!

Thanks for maintaining this awesome pack of fixes. It's sadly necessary that with nearly every game or similar release these days, there shortly follows a series of community fixes. ;)

A short note about a possible problem/conflict the parachute fixes module and RealChute:

Windows 7 + Vanilla + RealChute + MM 2.6.2 + Tier 0 career game.

With both StockBugFix and RealChute loaded, attempting to launch a simple craft with a stock cone chute results in Kracken blank universe launch pad behavior (Though it did allow me to collect a crew report from the "Sun's Runway."). Quitting / reloading and attempting to launch with a RealChute cone instead allows the launch scene to load properly. Reverting to SPH, swap back the vanilla chute and launch results in Kraken again.

Selectively deleting the Parachute fixes out of the StockBugFix directory and deleting the part .cfg file in the game root / reload / re-launch and both parachutes are usable.

I'll submit this to stupid_chris as well to see if there's anything that can be figured out.

Claw, how many of your fixes are now precluded by KSP 1.0.1?

From the reads just HeatBalanceFix and HeatShieldFix got stocked...

Also: Im having issues with ParachuteFix

- both time values are not saved from the editor to launch (heights are)

- editor starts lagging like crazy with this tweakable opened

Tweaked mid-flight they function just fine :cool:

However, I am thinking about creating a pack of "Stock Plus" type modules, that will add little features here and there for stock without changing things too much. This might fit right in with that.

Nice! I'll keep a look out for that.

Yes, it is stock. I have no chute mods, and I get this behaviour.

If that truly is stock behavior, it's wrong. They never acted like that before, with Stock, or FAR, they all shoot out in different angles, even after deployment, that isn't remotely close to normal :)

Selectively deleting the Parachute fixes out of the StockBugFix directory and deleting the part .cfg file in the game root / reload / re-launch and both parachutes are usable.

I'll submit this to stupid_chris as well to see if there's anything that can be figured out.

This incompatibility is definitely my fault, so probably no need to harass stupid_chris about it. I will be getting to this potentially in the next few hours, but a day at the most *fingers crossed*. Also, the parachute fixes should no longer be required for 1.0.1 (hopefully).

Claw, how many of your fixes are now precluded by KSP 1.0.1?

Off hand, I believe that the following should be no longer needed. I will have to check on the other still:

HeatShieldFix

ModuleCargoBayFix

ParachuteFix

Also: Im having issues with ParachuteFix

- both time values are not saved from the editor to launch (heights are)

- editor starts lagging like crazy with this tweakable opened

Tweaked mid-flight they function just fine :cool:

Thanks for the feedback. I will take that into account if I put out a ParachuteFix in the StockPlus. :D

If that truly is stock behavior, it's wrong. They never acted like that before, with Stock, or FAR, they all shoot out in different angles, even after deployment, that isn't remotely close to normal :)

No, this is my doing. It was something I was playing with, although the chutes shouldn't be deflecting that far. I'm guessing it's because you have 12, and the specific arrangement. My goal was to make symmetrically place chutes deflect away from each other, so that they aren't all straight up and overlapped. Looks like it doesn't come out that good in high symmetry count situations.

Cheers,

~Claw

Off hand, I believe that the following should be no longer needed. I will have to check on the other still:

HeatShieldFix

ModuleCargoBayFix

ParachuteFix

Parachutes seem to behave pretty well, mechanically, in 1.0.2, but they still clip through each other. When I was running stock bug fix in 1.0 the visuals had the parachutes separated and looking really nice. Might be worth including just the graphics fix in the next release.

Having problems EVA on Kerbin. After landing, I try to leave the Mk 1 and I immediately float upwards as if gravity was negative on the Kerbal. (I was trying to get science on the biome.) It is repeatable. I had similar problem earlier in the year in orbit and being ejected at a high velocity. Any ideas?

When I was running stock bug fix in 1.0 the visuals had the parachutes separated and looking really nice. Might be worth including just the graphics fix in the next release.
+1 on graphical chute tweak

Good to know if people are enjoying it. It sounds like something that I can add to Stock+.

Also, good idea on the decoupler. :)

After landing, I try to leave the Mk 1 and I immediately float upwards as if gravity was negative on the Kerbal... Any ideas?

Was this with my fixes installed? If so, is it also repeatable without them? I haven't seen or heard of this yet.

Cheers,

-Claw

There is log entrys for MLGGripFix:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Wheel/LandingGear/GearLarge/GearLarge'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'MLGGripFix'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Wheel/LandingGear/GearMedium/GearMedium'

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'MLGGripFix'

I think there is something wrong in ModuleWheelFix.cfg or ModuleWheelFix.dll!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.