[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

I've got a stock bug. Don't know if this has been mentioned already so here goes:

Situation: Use one of the new service bays as the root part. Attach as stack probe core of smaller diameter to one of the nodes on the inside of the service bay. If you put the probe core on the floor, all is well. If you put it on the ceiling of the bay, the camera and rocket vibrate severely upon launch. If you leave it on the pad, it will shake itself to pieces, sometimes destroying the launchpad if the rocket is big enough. If you launch, the vibrations continue in flight and still shake the rocket apart.

I downloaded your craft, but it appears to be corrupted somehow. There's no text in it, so I don't know if it's zipped or maybe you grabbed the wrong file?

Cheers,

~Claw

Since I haven't heard anything, I assume you were able to get it OK. I mentioned it because I am new to drop box so just making sure I am doing it right.

I've got a stock bug. Don't know if this has been mentioned already so here goes:

That sounds like quite the physics problem. I don't know if I can do anything about that, but I will add it to my list of things to look at. (It's getting kinda long, so might be a bit. :P )

Since I haven't heard anything, I assume you were able to get it OK. I mentioned it because I am new to drop box so just making sure I am doing it right.

Sorry davidpsummers. I am not ignoring you. I was focused on getting my recent release out last night and am still combing through the thread to catch things I missed. Thanks for the reminder.

I did download your second link, and it downloads just fine. You say that it's reporting a 1.6 TWR, and I'm going to guess that you're using KER or MJ to see that. One thing to note, the LV-909 now has a greatly reduced atmospheric thrust compared to v0.90. Turns out, your craft is actually not generating enough thrust on the launch pad to actually take off.

These stock bug fix modules have saved my bacon more than once.

Thank you Claw.

You are quite welcome! :D

Cheers,

~Claw

You need to click the atmosphere button in KER to see the thrust on the launchpad. Otherwise you get the thrust in space. Which is substantially less for upper stage rockets like the 909.

I've started the new StockPlus add on. It will eventually incorporate my fixes as well as some minor polish fixes for stock.

Click here to go to the first release of StockPlus.

Instructions: Unzip into your GameData folder (as usual). If you are using the stock bug fix modules, delete the "ModuleProceduralFairingFix" from your StockBugFixes directory. As this matures, it will include all the fixes so you only have to do one download.

I still having problems on EVAs... almost all Command Pods pushing me far away... i need the EvaEjectionFix.DLL for v1.0.2... but is not included anymore, and old version (0.90) doesnt work. I cant find the one for v1.0.0, it is on the No longer needed...

Where Can i download it?

I've started the new StockPlus add on. It will eventually incorporate my fixes as well as some minor polish fixes for stock.

Click here to go to the first release of StockPlus.

Instructions: Unzip into your GameData folder (as usual). If you are using the stock bug fix modules, delete the "ModuleProceduralFairingFix" from your StockBugFixes directory. As this matures, it will include all the fixes so you only have to do one download.

These tweaks to the stock Fairings are awesome!

Yet community wants clamshell type so badly.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/115867-Proper-Fairings-ASAP

345973main_separation-20090512-516.jpg

Maxmaps has said on reddit:

We'll add the option to divide them in two panels after release. Since they produce debris that is not actually persistent, we are okay with leaving the very flashy, rather kerbal method alone for now.

Edited by Enceos

Hi

I made a fix for the Center of mass of the stock fairing.

Great idea! I will have to see about incorporating this in with the rest of the fixes. :)

I still having problems on EVAs...

Where Can i download it?

This problem was supposedly fixed, so the EVAEjectionFix doesn't exist for 1.0.2. If the 0.90 version isn't working, the please give me more details (or a pic) of when this is happening to you. This will help me create a fix that might solve the issue.

These tweaks to the stock Fairings are awesome!

Yet community wants clamshell type so badly.

Yeah. They added a placeholder in the code, but as of right now I'm not sure if it's possible to make a complete clamshell. I can make the allowable length of the fairing longer, which would reduce the panel count...but I'm not sure yet if I can do a clam shell without completely replacing the code.

Cheers,

-Claw

Do you have an estimate on how soon you can get the Mk3 drag fix in?

There's already a drag occlusion fix included in the most recent download. It fixes drag occlusion for Mk3 cargo bays.

There's a deeper fix in the works for plane drag in general, but it'll be a bit before it appears.

Cheers,

~Claw

can someone reupload to a mirror like mediafire/mega? i cant reach github

thanks in advance, its a great work indeed

If you have CKAN you can install the fixes from there. Hope that helps.

EDIT :

I don't understand. If fixes for all these bugs exist, why are they not implemented in the stock game?

Now that is indeed a good question.

There's already a drag occlusion fix included in the most recent download. It fixes drag occlusion for Mk3 cargo bays.

There's a deeper fix in the works for plane drag in general, but it'll be a bit before it appears.

Cheers,

~Claw

One solution I have found is to use the new version of FAR, it bases your drag on your surface shape using voxels so does not use the drag cubes. Would it be easy to add a check and disable the aero fixes if FAR is installed?

It would be easy for FAR users to just remove those DLLs though

Edited by John FX

If you have CKAN you can install the fixes from there. Hope that helps.

i dont have CKAN, cause to download it i need to be able to reach github and at this time i m still working on that. even if someone upload ckan for me, the CKAN itself needs to reach github to download stuff.

guess i gonna reconfigure my modem, or call to my internet provider... meanwhile, can you, kind sir, upload stock bug fix for me please? will be very apreciated.

sorry for my bad english

Edited by nfpinto

This problem was supposedly fixed, so the EVAEjectionFix doesn't exist for 1.0.2. If the 0.90 version isn't working, the please give me more details (or a pic) of when this is happening to you. This will help me create a fix that might solve the issue.

-Claw

OH mate... thanks for your response, but everything is going perfect hehehe, was my fault... didnt expect the big heads will collide with my equipment near to the door hahahahahaha. Anyway thanks!

can someone reupload to a mirror like mediafire/mega? i cant reach github

thanks in advance, its a great work indeed

I can do this pretty easy, but it might be a few hours (can't get to it at the moment).

One solution I have found is to use the new version of FAR, it bases your drag on your surface shape using voxels so does not use the drag cubes. Would it be easy to add a check and disable the aero fixes if FAR is installed?

It would be easy for FAR users to just remove those DLLs though

Hmm... Are my aero fixes causing a conflict with FAR? They should all work within the stock aero system, which FAR disables. So they shouldn't be able to do much.

I don't understand. If fixes for all these bugs exist, why are they not implemented in the stock game?

Squad works in mysterious ways. :P Some of the bugs from previous fixes are now squashed. So my fixes do help eventually. But even if they don't, they are still here for people to use. So I think of it as a win for everyone.

OH mate... thanks for your response, but everything is going perfect hehehe, was my fault... didnt expect the big heads will collide with my equipment near to the door hahahahahaha. Anyway thanks!

Great! :D

I did download your second link, and it downloads just fine. You say that it's reporting a 1.6 TWR, and I'm going to guess that you're using KER or MJ to see that. One thing to note, the LV-909 now has a greatly reduced atmospheric thrust compared to v0.90. Turns out, your craft is actually not generating enough thrust on the launch pad to actually take off.

Hunh! Live and learn. I assume it was reporting "current" thrust. That would explain why my ships don't seem to be following the same height-speed curve with the same TWR.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to click the atmosphere button in KER to see the thrust on the launchpad. Otherwise you get the thrust in space. Which is substantially less for upper stage rockets like the 909.

Well, both KER and the VAB were reporting the same TWR. But I guess both are reduced by the atm. I'll take a look at the atmosphere button.

This was originally a post about Poodle engines sticking to launch pad, but it turns out I needed to force KER to recalculate my ship's TWR. I never had enough lift to begin with. :confused:

Mods may delete if you like.

Edited by Trollin4Lyfe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.