[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

No, I only copied two files: GameData/StockBugFixModules/ModuleParachuteFix/ModuleParachuteFix.dll and its homonymous cfg file, and I set "plusEnabled" to false in the cfg just in case. I was having issues with the log files so I kept deleting them, if I ever need to install the fix again I'll be sure to make backups.

Claw, my problem with PilotRSASFix still persists. On the launch it caused a vessel to slice in parts moving in different directions on b.1. For a vessel on orbit it causes explosion once I switch to it. The vessel is unmanned. Having this bug I've added ModuleGrappleNodeFix and it showed me the message "This is Claw timewarp bug. Quicksave and load". It is surely PilotRSAS that causes this, may be in conjunction with another mod, because everything's fine when I remove it. May be the reason is that I don't have StockPlusController installed but in PilotRSASFix's config there is "plusEnabled = True"?

Unfortunately I cannot provide any logs right now.

And one more question: how can I disable not needed StockPlusController's functions? As I remember you've mentioned a config file but I couldn't find it.

Edited by Ser

Just as a followup, I added and swapped a lot of mods, included ModuleParachuteFix and this time everything is working well - I haven't encountered the issue I mentioned after several launches (and the lag spam is gone as well :). The only mod I have not reinstalled this time is RemoteTech, but it'd need more testing to point at it as a possible conflict. Another thing i did differently was to include the Plus' dll even if I disable its functionality in the cfg files.

Thank you for sharing these fixes, they help tremendously! :D

No, I only copied two files:
May be the reason is that I don't have StockPlusController installed but in PilotRSASFix's config there is "plusEnabled = True"?

And one more question: how can I disable not needed StockPlusController's functions? As I remember you've mentioned a config file but I couldn't find it.

Yes, I would say that this is the likely culprit for both of you. The StockPlusController.dll needs to be installed because any StockPlus capable module will communicate with it, whether you have StockPlus enabled or not. (It needs to talk to the controller to find out if it should be active.)

If you do NOT want StockPlus, you simply download/install the bugfix package and do nothing else. StockPlus is disabled by default. If you want to turn StockPlus on, then you have to download the StockPlusController.cfg file (not the .dll, which is included in the base bugfix download), which acts as the global light switch. The StockPlusController.cfg tells the StockPlusController.dll that the user is allowing StockPlus. Individual modules will have the plusEnabled = true set by default, but without the global setting on, all StockPlus functions will still be off.

I see that the install instructions might leave a bit of a hole. They state to install the mod, and then delete the module folders you don't want. I should probably add a note for people who only drag and drop folders. And it doesn't specifically state that the controller.dll is required.

As a side note (because I'm sure people will ask), the controller was put in a separate .dll for a variety of reasons. Historically, I had changed how StockPlus was enabled/disabled several times, which started causing problems for people. While still not ideal, this was the method I settled on. Partly to stop the flail, and partly to allow the most flexibility since I wasn't sure of StockPlus' future at the time, where it would grow to, or if it would get deleted entirely. As it stands, maintenance of StockPlus still eats a significant amount of time and isn't necessarily the focus. Though I personally like some of the little things (like chute spread).

Edited by Claw

I apologize if this has been asked before but I didn't see it anywhere in the FAQ's or this thread....I know this is a "stock" bug fixer but I was wondering if this mod is compatible with RO and RSS? There are several bugs fixed in this that carry over to RO and RSS but with it being a STOCK mod I'm unsure. I asked over at the RO thread but no reply's so far.

I know this is a "stock" bug fixer but I was wondering if this mod is compatible with RO and RSS?

Actually, I have no idea. I don't personally do a lot of add-on interaction testing myself, but when bad interactions are reported I try to fix those problems. I've not seen any reports in this thread about negative reactions between RO and this add-on.

Claw, I see the role of StockPlusController.dll now but what if I want some of its own features like chute spread, but don't need the others, is there a way to selectively enable them?

Claw, I see the role of StockPlusController.dll now but what if I want some of its own features like chute spread, but don't need the others, is there a way to selectively enable them?

Look inside the sub folders for the config files for each fix. This is how you selectively turn off stock plus.

Yes, that's exactly right. Each folder has a .cfg in it for that fix. Most of the fixes (the ones woth StockPlus functions) will have a plusEnabled = True setting. Just change the to False and it'll disable that specific module.

Cheers,

-Claw

Actually, I have no idea. I don't personally do a lot of add-on interaction testing myself, but when bad interactions are reported I try to fix those problems. I've not seen any reports in this thread about negative reactions between RO and this add-on.

Thanks for the reply Claw and all the hard work you've put into this. I'll give it a shot and report any probs I find, there are quite a few bugs still floating around in RO RSS and I have a lot of mods installed so hard to tell what's causing what. Just thought I'd ask before taking the plunge..figured somebody had already done this but doesn't seem like it's too popular an idea for some reason.

...but doesn't seem like it's too popular an idea for some reason.

Because it's time consuming and can be difficult. Which is why I'm always grateful if people can narrow down the problem (if even just a little) when they post a bug. So thank you for at least trying to narrow down your issue. :D

Cheers,

-Claw

Version 1.0.4b.2 -- Updated for more KSP 0.23.5 craziness! (Yes, more Claw updates!)

If that's what you're referring to, it's actually on purpose. That's the version when the claw part (the grabber unit) was released. I've finally managed a fix for it (a bit over a year later).

========================= Asteroid Redirect Mission (v0.23.5.459) ====================================

The Asteroid Redirect Mission Patch is a special update in many ways. This time, we've partnered with NASA to produce a completely new set of features for the game.

Main Features:

* The Advanced Grabbing Unit (aka "[COLOR="#B22222"]The Claw[/COLOR]")
As the name probably implies, this new part is the means by which asteroids can be captured to be redirected. Just arm the device, approach the target carefully, and the claw will do the rest. It's like a docking node, but without the need for a mate node on the other side. Better still, the AGU can be used to grab on to much more than just asteroids. In fact, it can pick up just about anything, even Kerbals.

So the Bug Fix version 1.0.4b.1 added The Claw fix. v1.0.4b.2 made the fix much more reliable and robust. :D

Cheers,

~The Claw

That's the version when the claw part (the grabber unit) was released.

Just arm the device, approach the target carefully, and the claw will do the rest.

So the Bug Fix version 1.0.4b.1 added The Claw fix.

Cheers,

~The Claw

Edited to minimize non-claw sentences.

If that's what you're referring to, it's actually on purpose. That's the version when the claw part (the grabber unit) was released. I've finally managed a fix for it (a bit over a year later).

========================= Asteroid Redirect Mission (v0.23.5.459) ====================================

The Asteroid Redirect Mission Patch is a special update in many ways. This time, we've partnered with NASA to produce a completely new set of features for the game.

Main Features:

As the name probably implies, this new part is the means by which asteroids can be captured to be redirected. Just arm the device, approach the target carefully, and the claw will do the rest. It's like a docking node, but without the need for a mate node on the other side. Better still, the AGU can be used to grab on to much more than just asteroids. In fact, it can pick up just about anything, even Kerbals.

So the Bug Fix version 1.0.4b.1 added The Claw fix. v1.0.4b.2 made the fix much more reliable and robust. :D

Cheers,

~The Claw

Oh! That makes sense. :)

Is there a way to slow down engine gimbal even more? I've always been annoyed at the way the exhaust plume rapidly jumps around when moving around controls and I would love for the engines to pivot much slower. I.E. around the speed that wing flaps pivot. This would be a really awesome tweak in StockPlus if you have the time (or incline) to do so.

Is there a way to slow down engine gimbal even more?

There is a "Gimbal Rate" option in right-click menu. Is that what you are looking for?

Thank you for fixing the claw bug. Your patch worked like a charm for my save-file.

Fantastic! Spread the word to you friends, we can now use the claw again. :D

Cheers,

~Claw

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is anyone familiar with an issue in 1.0.4 where a totally unarmed claw blows ITSELF off the craft it's mounted to in a small explosion, with no warning or apparent cause? I installed this mod in the hopes that it would fix this issue, but I'm still seeing it. Any ideas?

...totally unarmed claw blows ITSELF off the craft it's mounted to in a small explosion, with no warning or apparent cause?

Well, other than the over heat bug or clipping problems, I don't know of anything with the claw where it blows itself up. Sounds like something that might need it's own thread in the support forum to try to sort out first.

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.