[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Hi,

Since I restarted a new campaign I went for a little EVA in the upper atmosphere to get that little bit of science. It's perfectly safe, right? *poof* That poor Kerbal instantly explodes from overheating.

So I investigated a little bit to find what's happening and the problem unfortunately is this mod's overheating fix. If I remove just that my Kerbals are fine (at least for a while, they overheat but it takes time), with the overheating fix they just die either instantly or very soon :/ I saw somebody else mentioned this issue already but they thought that was related to FAR. This is not the case, I tested with no other mod installed, it's just the overheating fix.

Here's a save file for your testing convenience, with a ship that has just barely entered the atmosphere on a very shallow trajectory.

I hope that helps, thanks for all the fixes!

Hi,

Since I restarted a new campaign I went for a little EVA in the upper atmosphere to get that little bit of science. It's perfectly safe, right? *poof* That poor Kerbal instantly explodes from overheating.

So I investigated a little bit to find what's happening and the problem unfortunately is this mod's overheating fix. If I remove just that my Kerbals are fine (at least for a while, they overheat but it takes time), with the overheating fix they just die either instantly or very soon :/ I saw somebody else mentioned this issue already but they thought that was related to FAR. This is not the case, I tested with no other mod installed, it's just the overheating fix.

Here's a save file for your testing convenience, with a ship that has just barely entered the atmosphere on a very shallow trajectory.

Huh, I tried to do that once and the kerbal died instantly, I thought it was normal and unrelated to mods. I was pretty high up, almost out of the atmosphere.

Claw, would it be possible to note the Plus features in the applicable cfgs so I don't have to keep checking this thread when I update/want to remind myself? Something like

//
// This module written by Claw. For more details, please visit
// http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285
//
// This mod is covered under the CC-BY-NC-SA license. See the readme.txt for more details.
// (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/)
//
[B]// Plus features:
// - When stowed (not deployed) air brakes do not contribute drag (flush with the fuselage)[/B]

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAeroSurface]]
{
MODULE
{
name = MASFix
plusEnabled = True
}
}

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Thanks for this StockBugFixMod, it really helps to reduce bugs or weird behaviours for a better KSP experience.

note : i use only these (non plus) :

AnchoredDecouplerCrossfeedFix

BandwidthFix

HighestSpeedFix

KerbalDebrisFix

ModuleGimbalFix

ModuleGrappleNodeFix

ModuleProceduralFairingFix

ModuleWheelFix

OverheatFix

PilotRSASFix

Edited by xebx

Ah, yeah. That might actually explain a few things. Thanks for narrowing that down, I'll have to take a look. Sounds like disabling the heat fix for EVA kerbals might fix a couple things.

Claw, would it be possible to note the Plus features in the applicable cfgs so I don't have to keep checking this thread when I update/want to remind myself?

Yeah, I might be able to swing something like that. I'm also considering combinding all the StockPlus .cfgs into one master that is downloadable with the StockPlusController.

Thanks for this StockBugFixMod, it really helps to reduce bugs or weird behaviours for a better KSP experience.

Awesome, I'm glad they are helping you out. :)

Cheers,

~Claw

I keep having this recurring problem with KSP hanging when loading. Usually hangs right when it gets to loading the Squad 'Size3EngineCluster'. Here's the end portion of the KSPlog that gets spit out:

[LOG 16:55:14.662] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/Size3EngineCluster/part/Size3EngineCluster'

[EXC 16:55:14.673] ArgumentException: An empty string is not considered a valid value.

System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase)

System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value)

ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)

PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)

Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)

PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)

PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

[EXC 16:55:14.678] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p)

PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName)

DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p)

Part+.MoveNext ()

When I remove the Stock Bug Fixes folder, it loads fine. Last time this happened, I isolated the problem to the Stock Bug Fixes folder and simply made sure I had the latest update. But now it's happening again and I couldn't tell you what had changed in my game to cause it to start this problem again.

That might be a mod conflict. What other mods do you have installed? Anything else that affects engines?

Here is a pic of all that I have. Not sure if anything particularly modifies engines, though Kerbal Joint Reinforcement probably mods everything.

mods_zpsnbr4li6x.png

Edited by Sarxis

Dear Mr Claw,

It seems to me that the MK3 bug is in no way fixed in 1.0.4, at least not for the Linux client. My MK3 plane still tears apart like papier mache if I just bank or lift just a tiny bit too fast or if I try to land at any speed. I've touched down the thing nearly perfectly horizontal at 53 m/s and it just completely explodes on contact. Is there any way you could help?

Thanks

EDIT: I got it touched down at like 43 m/s horizontal and it still completely explodes on contact. There's basically nothing I can do.

Edited by Dunder

Here is a pic of all that I have. Not sure if anything particularly modifies engines, though Kerbal Joint Reinforcement probably mods everything.

Hey, not intentionally ignoring you. Just been busy with life and some other projects at the moment. Perhaps now that 1.0.5 has been announced, you can guess what's been keeping me busy.

Dear Mr Claw,

It seems to me that the MK3 bug is in no way fixed in 1.0.4, at least not for the Linux client. My MK3 plane still tears apart like papier mache if I just bank or lift just a tiny bit too fast or if I try to land at any speed. I've touched down the thing nearly perfectly horizontal at 53 m/s and it just completely explodes on contact. Is there any way you could help?

If you are using Steam, it's possible that the files didn't fully update. If that's the case, you can force it to update the files by right-clicking KSP (in steam) and going to properties. Then "Local Files" and verify the game cache.

If that's not it, then a copy of your .craft and/or some pictures might help out.

Cheers,

~Claw

Dear Mr Claw,

Thanks

EDIT: I got it touched down at like 43 m/s horizontal and it still completely explodes on contact. There's basically nothing I can do.

I'm not much into planes (in KSP anyway), but the one MK3 jet I built suffered likely the same, only it would fall apart just rolling down the runway during takeoff. The FAT-455 wings were the main problem, they would just fall off. Strutting them fore and aft (top and bottom) did the trick. The next problem after that was discovering the LY-50 landing gear used as nose-gear is a bad move... not steerable. Thing flies like a bus, lands like a brick.

If you are using Steam, it's possible that the files didn't fully update. If that's the case, you can force it to update the files by right-clicking KSP (in steam) and going to properties. Then "Local Files" and verify the game cache.

If that's not it, then a copy of your .craft and/or some pictures might help out.

I'll do you one better and post a youtube video I recorded.

I checked the integrity of the game cache. Everything is fine.

I'm not much into planes (in KSP anyway), but the one MK3 jet I built suffered likely the same, only it would fall apart just rolling down the runway during takeoff. The FAT-455 wings were the main problem, they would just fall off. Strutting them fore and aft (top and bottom) did the trick. The next problem after that was discovering the LY-50 landing gear used as nose-gear is a bad move... not steerable. Thing flies like a bus, lands like a brick.

Well, my plane is pretty steerable, it just can't land, as evident from the video.

Edited by Dunder

I'll do you one better and post a youtube video I recorded.

I have seen this a couple times, though I think it's something more than just "the Mk3 parts are still weak." Can you upload that .craft file for me to tinker with?

Thanks,

~Claw

I have seen this a couple times, though I think it's something more than just "the Mk3 parts are still weak." Can you upload that .craft file for me to tinker with?

Thanks,

~Claw

http://www.filedropper.com/jumpospaceplane3

http://www.filedropper.com/jumpospaceplane4

Here are two different versions, version 4 is the one in the video. 3 uses different tanks on the sides. They both do the same thing. I have tinkered with it a few different ways but I couldn't get anything to work. If you can figure out what's wrong, that'd be awesome.

Hey!

i have something weird happening with wheels. i have Plus enabled.

if i change the grip multiplier, up or down, the wheels seem to generate insane torque and i do wheelies all over the place. it makes sense for this to happen when increasing grip, depending on the rover's mass and power of the wheels. but lowering grip should make the wheels spin out as if stuck in the mud.

if i set the multiplier back to the default, 2, the crazy wheelies persist.

i tried switching between crafts to see if reloading made a difference, to no avail.

if i load the rover and don't change anything it works wonderfully. (and the brake tweakable works perfectly, btw.)

Note: i've been testing this with Roverdude's PackRat rover, so there could be a conflict there. but those wheels are just rescaled stock wheels, so i dont expect it to matter.

So, next round of testing: use stock wheels. and tweaking grip in VAB. perhaps changing grip on the fly is causing the wierdness?

i installed the whole pack, and everything else works just fine. so, Thanks!

EDIT: tested with stock parts, changed grip in VAB. the results were the same.

but again, with grip=2, and left untouched, wheels act more like wheels (and stay parked!), so i'm happy. :)

Edited by CaribouGone

Hey, not intentionally ignoring you. Just been busy with life and some other projects at the moment. Perhaps now that 1.0.5 has been announced, you can guess what's been keeping me busy.

No worries! Haven't encountered the problem since i took the StockBugFixes folder out and started the new game. I might put it back in and see if I can muster anything.

I've been noticing that you don't have a donation button...

Claw, I have a mostly unrelated question, but I think it could pertain to stock plus. About 4 months ago you quickly whipped up a plugin that disables highlighting in flight for use by video editors and internal craft design. I suggest that you add it to stock plus? I think it would fit nicely as a toggleable hotkey (Or maybe added to the ALT-F12 debug?).

- The real thing I want to mention though is that HighlighterOff has a bug where if you are hovering over a part in flight as it finishes loading physics it remains highlighted for the duration of the flight scene. Is there a chance you could update it? ;.;

Edited by Avera9eJoe

snip

Those are all excellent points. :)

I can fix the highlighter, though it may be a little bit before I get to it. Definitely not this week. Possibly next week, though I anticipate that being overly busy also. :/

Cheers,

-Claw

- - - Updated - - -

Hey!

i have something weird happening with wheels. i have Plus enabled.

Huh, weird...but I think I know what's going on there. I should be able to fix this in the next update.

Cheers,

-Claw

I've been getting some log-spam while in the SPH/VAB of

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ClawKSP.MASFix.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

It's not obvious that this is causing any particular issues, and it's likely some sort of conflict I guess (I am running way too many mods), but I thought I ought to mention it in case anyone else is getting it or knows what it means.

Those are all excellent points. :)

I can fix the highlighter, though it may be a little bit before I get to it. Definitely not this week. Possibly next week, though I anticipate that being overly busy also. :/

Cheers,

-Claw

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, weird...but I think I know what's going on there. I should be able to fix this in the next update.

Cheers,

-Claw

Awesome! I found this mod to be an extremely useful tool when video editing (And also slightly more immersive too). Great to hear you're willing to fix it!! Do you think you'll add it to StockPlus or no?

I've been getting some log-spam while in the SPH/VAB of
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ClawKSP.MASFix.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hmm, might be a conflict (as you said) but I can put some code in there to stop the spam.

Awesome! I found this mod to be an extremely useful tool when video editing (And also slightly more immersive too). Great to hear you're willing to fix it!! Do you think you'll add it to StockPlus or no?

Not sure if I'll add it to StockPlus or not. Suppose I could, though it's only had a little more than a dozen downloads. ...And use the existing ALT+H key that I use to toggle the extended/debug highlighting in the editors.

Cheers,

~Claw

Were you ever able to get the files I linked to before they expired? I don't suppose there's any way to attach a file to a post or PM? 'cus I don't really know a great way to send you em unless you can give me an e-mail.

Were you ever able to get the files I linked to before they expired? I don't suppose there's any way to attach a file to a post or PM? 'cus I don't really know a great way to send you em unless you can give me an e-mail.

I'm sorry...I didn't get them, but I am still very interested.

Sal gave some good examples. if those fail, you can also use a text sharing site (like pastebin) to just paste the text up also. Or file dropper again, and I will try to grab them tomorrow.

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.