[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

please make sure you are running the newest version of StockBugFix (v1.0.5a.1). Version 1.0.4c.2 does not include a GUI.

Silly me. I updated Stock Plus for KSP 1.0.5 through CKAN, and since the two mods are closely associated, I assumed that the version of Stock Bug Fix Modules on CKAN was the latest and greatest as well. I didn't notice that it's still a version behind (v1.0.4c.2).

I could install the new SBFM version manually, but I prefer to use CKAN. Any idea when CKAN will be updated to download SBFM v1.0.5a.1?

Thanks!

Strange issue with AeroSurfacePlus: I have stock airbrakes stuck on the side of a craft otherwise using FAR surfaces, and have them enabled for yaw. On the runway the brakes deploy ok, but in the air & on water ( the main reason ) they stay stuck in place even with the State button reading Deployed. And no braking. I had to actually remove the fix completely to get things back to normal, just turning it off in the GUI didn't help.

Edit: seems a bit more too it than that, too, will be back with more later...

Edited by Van Disaster

Well, then I'll just have to pass until 1.0.5 I guess....I kinda feel bad that I didn't know what the mod key was. But now I do so thanks :)

No worries. Upgrade when you are ready. :) And not to worry about the MOD key either. I don't think that's a standard term. Mostly one that is used in KSP.

Silly me. I updated Stock Plus for KSP 1.0.5 through CKAN, and since the two mods are closely associated

Actually, I've had nothing to do with CKAN. I made a couple minor changes to how StockPlus is set up to try to be more CKAN friendly, but beyond that, someone else has been kind enough to manage the CKAN scripting stuff. I can take a look, but I'm actually pretty unfamiliar since I personally don't use it..

Strange issue with AeroSurfacePlus:

That sounds serious. I will try and take a look today.

Cheers,

-Claw

There appears to be a bug in 1.0.5 with fairings -- aero forces are being applied as if they were happening well above the nose of the craft. This has been reported in a couple places including here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/139219

making rockets with fairings substantially flip-happy.

It would be great if this could be worked around in this plugin ...

No worries. Upgrade when you are ready. :) And not to worry about the MOD key either. I don't think that's a standard term. Mostly one that is used in KSP.

Actually, I've had nothing to do with CKAN. I made a couple minor changes to how StockPlus is set up to try to be more CKAN friendly, but beyond that, someone else has been kind enough to manage the CKAN scripting stuff. I can take a look, but I'm actually pretty unfamiliar since I personally don't use it..

That sounds serious. I will try and take a look today.

Cheers,

-Claw

Yeah CKAN does not show the 1.05 update at all when filtered by compatible (default), it just shows the old 1.04. Probably why the confusion around the new version.

An update is waiting to be merged. Long story short, when Stock Plus was rolled into the main mod, the zip file used to distribute the mod was renamed. CKAN was not aware of it and could not update to the latest version. To make things more complicated, the mod was set to work for any 1.0 release, so the old version was automatically added to the 1.0.5 list.

The new version (1.0.5a) should be available as a new mod pretty soon.

An update is waiting to be merged.

Ah, okay. I suppose in my attempt to make things easier, I also made them harder.

Claw, have you ever stumbled upon...

No, I haven't. I looked through your log and it's full of a lot of errors. The first one is from something called JSI. The ones I see the most are from SkytoneMapper, ConnectedLivingSpace, and FAR. Eventually ActionGroupsExtended looks like it goes crazy and spams out the log in flight.

So hard to say exactly which is the issue, but there's definitely a lot of errors going on in there. No idea which might be causing the contracts to disappear.

Cheers,

~Claw

Version 1.0.5a.2 Released

Additional Update for release 1.0.5a.2:

- Set default GimbalRate = ACTIVE for ModuleGimbalPlus. Newly placed engines will have GimbalRate enabled and default speed of 10 when ModuleGimbalPlus is active.

- Fixed a stock bug with Procedural Fairings, where the CoL is too far out in front of the fairing (causing extra flippy rockets).

- Fixed a bug with the Module Hooking routines in the StockBugFixPlus controller.

Cheers,

~Claw

version 1.0.5a.2 released

additional update for release 1.0.5a.2:

- set default gimbalrate = active for modulegimbalplus. Newly placed engines will have gimbalrate enabled and default speed of 10 when modulegimbalplus is active.

- fixed a stock bug with procedural fairings, where the col is too far out in front of the fairing (causing extra flippy rockets).

- fixed a bug with the module hooking routines in the stockbugfixplus controller.

cheers,

~claw

WOOOOOO! :D

Caps ^-^

Not sure if this is from one of the mods. I know it's been a bug in the past. I had a basic capsule and flea booster and a decupler on top (part testing). Doing an EVA, Jeb flew up into the air on exiting the pod. Tried several times, but couldn't get him to just exit and stand on the ladder.

Here is my current mod list:

KSP: 1.0.5 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

USI Tools - 0.5.3

Chatterer - 0.9.7.86

Community Resource Pack - 0.4.7

Contract Configurator - 1.8

Firespitter - 7.1.5

Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.5

Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.18

KerboKatzUtilities - 1.2.8

Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.3

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

NavHud - 1.2.1

Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.2

Civilian Population - 1.7.5.1

RCS Build Aid - 0.7.3

SCANsat - 1.1.4.4

ShipManifest - 4.4.2

StageRecovery - 1.5.8

TextureReplacer - 2.4.10

Trajectories - 1.4.4

Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.4

Transfer Window Planner - 1.3.1

USI Core - 0.1.2

USI Exploration Pack - 0.4.3

Freight Transport Tech - 0.4.2

Karibou - 0.1.1

UKS - 0.31.12

USI-LS - 0.1.4

NuclearRockets - 0.1.1

Sounding Rockets - 0.3.1

USI Survivability Pack - 0.3.3

Universal Storage - 1.1.0.8

Waypoint Manager - 2.4.3

OSE Workshop - 0.10.2

[x] Science! - 4.11

Edited by Vorg

I had a basic capsule and flea booster and a decupler on top (part testing). Doing an EVA, Jeb flew up into the air on exiting the pod. Tried several times, but couldn't get him to just exit and stand on the ladder.

I'd need to know which pod, and which decoupler (or maybe a picture). Without trying, I think there's an issue if you use too big of a decoupler on top of a pod (i.e. the decoupler hangs off). I think it might stick out into the kerbal collision area, but doesn't trigger the "hatch is blocked" message. If you're not using a bigger decoupler, then I'd still be interested in the setup to see if I can replicate in stock.

Also, is this EVA taking place in space? Or is it EVAs anywhere?

"Stock Bug Fix Modules & StockPlus" now available through CKAN (as one mod, not two)

Awesome, thanks. :)

To add some background to this, all of the StockPlus code was actually integrated into the StockBugFixes pretty much from the start. They were shown as two separate mods, but the StockPlus download consisted of a configuration file that activated the StockPlus code.

I switched to a GUI system and altered how the StockPlus activation is controlled, partly because it was causing issues for CKAN users. Auto-updates would run through and overwrite all the individual StockPlus settings (because of how this mod was set up). This was also a problem for manual installs also because people had to manually pick through the folders to make changes.

So hopefully this will work much better for everyone, and won't require any more more changes. :)

Cheers,

~Claw

I just started a new career with the new updates. Only on the second launch which was to test the flea and the TR-18A Stack Decoupler through staging on the pad. So, bottom to top:

Flea with fuel removed

Mk1 Command Pod

TR-18A Stack Decoupler

I tried both before and after staging forgetting that the decoupler was pointed up, so it stayed with the craft. I was thinking also that it was causing the problem.

Confirmed. I turned the decoupler over and still had the problem. But by staging first he was able to get out and stay just long enough for the decoupler to fall back down hitting the the pod and him....

[quote name='Claw'] someone else has been kind enough to manage the CKAN scripting stuff.[/QUOTE]

No worries. Love the parts, keep up the good work.

[quote name='sergioberg']"Stock Bug Fix Modules & StockPlus" now available through CKAN (as one mod, not two)[/QUOTE]

Awesome, dude. Thanks for handling that. Edited by wreckreation

Claw, there's another inconvenience in KSP may be caused by the way how wheels are modeled. Major concern is on landing gears: they turn rapidly and then a vessel side slips despite of the direction the wheels are turned to. This makes steering very unnatural and unreliable during takeoff and landing runs.
Would be great to have a fix for that if it is fixable at all.

Does the fix for fairings work with FAR? My CoL moves really high with them and even with fins my rockets tend to flip.

[quote name='Leibniz']I have upgraded from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 and the stock wheels have lost grip. I had stock fixes only, not StockPlus. What grip multipliers (forwards & sideways) should I use to get the same behaviour with 1.0.5 StockPlus?[/QUOTE]

I dont know if the ice at Kerbin's poles is now simulated as real ice, but it took me thousands of meters to stop my plane after touchdown, even with the help of spoilers ...

[quote name='Ser']Claw, there's another inconvenience in KSP may be caused by the way how wheels are modeled.[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a try. I haven't been building too many planes recently.

[quote name='Leibniz']I have upgraded from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 and the stock wheels have lost grip.[/QUOTE]

1.0.4 StockBugFixes did improve wheel grip a bit, since they were very slick before. I know the wheels were reworked sligtly, and I assumed the grip had been improved some. So in 1.0.5 SBF, I removed the multiplier. Off the top of my head, I believe I used 2.0 as the multiplier for 1.0.4.

[quote name='KerbMav']Does the fix for fairings work with FAR? My CoL moves really high with them and even with fins my rockets tend to flip.[/QUOTE]

I would assume FAR replaces everything stock aero related. Though it may very well be that there's a conflict going on. With FAR only, does the same thing happen? If not, then I'll take a look at making the module disable itself if it detects FAR.

[quote name='KerbMav']I dont know if the ice at Kerbin's poles is now simulated as real ice, but it took me thousands of meters to stop my plane after touchdown, even with the help of spoilers ...[/QUOTE]

I don't think that was changed, but it sounds like the traction fix is still needed.

Thanks for the updates and feedback kerbonauts!

Cheers,
-Claw

[quote name='Claw']I would assume FAR replaces everything stock aero related. Though it may very well be that there's a conflict going on. With FAR only, does the same thing happen? If not, then I'll take a look at making the module disable itself if it detects FAR.[/QUOTE]

With ModuleProceduralFairingFix.dll taken out and only FAR the COL still rises when a fairing is built.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.