[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

3 hours ago, Claw said:

It was unpinned because I was clearing out a lot of my pinned posts that are outdated or broken from the migration. This ended up in the stack, but is now back where it was.

There's no conspiracy or secret moderator agenda. And actually I asked my peers about re-pinning this before I did, so as not to abuse my moderator authority for my own add-on. Hence the delay.

sorry @Claw, didnt want to be offending.

Didnt remember that you are a mod and can handle your own posts as you want to. so it seemed as another mod unpinned it by accident and just pinned it back now  without clearing the curiosity that this action was creating.Menaing a Moderators action caused more curiosity as they are here for clearing.

4 hours ago, Speadge said:

And now pinned again w/of comment.

moderation at its best

How would commenting on the pinning of the post have helped you, or anybody else? Either you know about the thread are only care about replies of substance (and "I pinned this yaaay" is not substance) or you don't know about it and will see it when pinned.

I think this actually IS moderation at its best. Moderators are like waiters. They're at their best when you don't even realize they're there.

On December 17, 2015 at 9:04:22 AM, Claw said:

It was unpinned because I was clearing out a lot of my pinned posts that are outdated or broken from the migration. This ended up in the stack, but is now back where it was.

There's no conspiracy or secret moderator agenda. And actually I asked my peers about re-pinning this before I did, so as not to abuse my moderator authority for my own add-on. Hence the delay.

Technically it's your own thread, so, it would have been okay with me if you pinned it yourself and you were doing cleanup at the time

I just assumed it had been unstickied by accident and later some other mod put it back. 

I wonder, would it be possible to have a tweakable to toggle axises on rocket engines?  Like we have for aero control surfaces?  I think I'd like it if I could, for instance, disable roll on those vector engines.

On 12/17/2015, 10:26:23, Speadge said:

didnt want to be offending

No offense taken. Hopefully that's cleared up now. :)

9 hours ago, tg626 said:

I wonder, would it be possible to have a tweakable to toggle axises on rocket engines?

Actually I've looked into this. Unfortunately much of the needed pieces are locked up inside the module. So, as of yet, I haven't been able to lock out individual axes.

I'm not sure if it is related to adjustable landing gear mod or it is stock bug, but when you create craft launch on runway, everything is fine, steering on wheels works as intended.

But when you quicksave game with plane on runway and quickload again, steering on adjustable landing gear become reversed. Appoligize if this issue is only related to adjustable landing gear mod.

Is anybody else having problems with the airbrakes not working? I tried to have them brake while entering atmosphere, but they would only deploy a tiny little bit for some reason.

Edit: I tried it with the same crafr in a different save and it works fine, the brakes even deploy when I have brakes on while in space, though I hyperedited it to space there.

Edited by smjjames

18 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Is anybody else having problems with the airbrakes not working? I tried to have them brake while entering atmosphere, but they would only deploy a tiny little bit for some reason.

Edit: I tried it with the same crafr in a different save and it works fine, the brakes even deploy when I have brakes on while in space, though I hyperedited it to space there.

I've had problems with this too. It's probably be something related to the aerosurface plus plugin.

After a looong break, forum migration, elcano, and getting locked out of the forums for a week, I'm working on these right now. First up...

On 12/5/2015 at 5:43 AM, ZobrAA said:

InFlight Highlight Disabler not working:

This must be a mod interaction issue. I tried the highlight disabler and it seems to be working fine. I followed your steps and couldn't replicate, so it must be a conflict somewhere. In which case, I'll need someone who is having this issue to look through their logs.

4QG71u7.jpg

Mouse is over the Crew Hatch, and the highlight is off.

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I've had problems with this too. It's probably be something related to the aerosurface plus plugin.

Hey Joe, dig'n the new avatar. That plane you built was really cool! And it still has that hint of 80's Lego space man..... Benny :)

1 hour ago, Claw said:

After a looong break, forum migration, elcano, and getting locked out of the forums for a week, I'm working on these right now. First up...

This must be a mod interaction issue. I tried the highlight disabler and it seems to be working fine. I followed your steps and couldn't replicate, so it must be a conflict somewhere. In which case, I'll need someone who is having this issue to look through their logs.

4QG71u7.jpg

Mouse is over the Crew Hatch, and the highlight is off.

Hey the highlighting only gets disabled during certain circumstances. If I can reproduce I will post the steps. On my phone ATM.

On 12/9/2015 at 0:59 PM, Svm420 said:

Is there anyway to change the default gimbal rate from 10.

I just finished adding and testing this. In the next release, there will be two editable parameters in the StockBugFixPlusController.cfg. Named as they were previously, they will act as defaults for GimbalPlus functions.

15 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Hey Joe, dig'n the new avatar. That plane you built was really cool! And it still has that hint of 80's Lego space man..... Benny :)

Glad to hear! I'm beginning to wean away from the Lego classic space mini logo as I could possibly run into issues with that in the future. I thought my Volta had a nice silhouette and so I thought I'd give it a go! Very glad to hear it's liked. :)

3 hours ago, smjjames said:

Is anybody else having problems with the airbrakes not working?

Okay. There's a few posts about this but I'll only quote smjjames here.

Yes, there was a bug with my addon (mainly due to the new system and 1.0.5). That bug has been found and fixed (will be in the next update). That also led me to find another stock bug with the airbrakes, which will also be included in the next release.

On 12/20/2015 at 3:30 AM, kcs123 said:

But when you quicksave game with plane on runway and quickload again, steering on adjustable landing gear become reversed.

I tried this with the Aeris 3a, but I didn't see any problems with it. Do you happen to have a simple craft (preferably all stock) that you can post a picture or .craft of?

Thanks

Update 1.0.5a.3:

- Fixed several bugs where StockPlus options were not showing avaliable.
- Fixed an issue with Airbrakes not deploying after returning from space.
- Fixed a stock bug with Airbrakes not properly resuming deploying after quickload or rollout
- Added user configurable options to the StockBugFixPlusController.cfg for EngineGimbalPlus options.

If you already have version 1.0.5a.2, you should be able to carry over your settings from the previous install. After launching the new update the first time, save the settings again (from in-game) and you'll have the new GimbalPlus options available in the StockBugFixPlusController.cfg file

6 minutes ago, Claw said:

Update 1.0.5a.3:

- Fixed several bugs where StockPlus options were not showing avaliable.
- Fixed an issue with Airbrakes not deploying after returning from space.
- Fixed a stock bug with Airbrakes not properly resuming deploying after quickload or rollout
- Added user configurable options to the StockBugFixPlusController.cfg for EngineGimbalPlus options.

If you already have version 1.0.5a.2, you should be able to carry over your settings from the previous install. After launching the new update the first time, save the settings again (from in-game) and you'll have the new GimbalPlus options available in the StockBugFixPlusController.cfg file

Thanks for fixing the airbrake problem. :) I had it happen after I did a rollback (went to KSC while crashing into the ground/in flight), so, yeah...

On 20.12.2015. at 2:30 PM, kcs123 said:

I'm not sure if it is related to adjustable landing gear mod or it is stock bug, but when you create craft launch on runway, everything is fine, steering on wheels works as intended.

But when you quicksave game with plane on runway and quickload again, steering on adjustable landing gear become reversed. Appoligize if this issue is only related to adjustable landing gear mod.

17 hours ago, Claw said:

I tried this with the Aeris 3a, but I didn't see any problems with it. Do you happen to have a simple craft (preferably all stock) that you can post a picture or .craft of?

Thanks

Here is link for craft file and output log. I created craft file with minimum mods installed. Only AdjustableLandingGears and requirements.
At first I also could not reproduce described bug. But after some scene change SPH-Runway-SPH, saving loading craft, saving/loading game, craft file become buged. I'm no longer sure at what point, but here is small album that describe issue and prove that I'm not insane (although, I'm close to be :) )

Somehow I think it is not entirely related to Adjustable Landing Gear mod, it feels more like stock game issue.
Anyway, thanks for your time taken to investigate this if anything can be done with it.

ever since 1.0.5a3 came out, this mod has completely broken CKAN.  even after UNINSTALLING this mod, any time I try to do anything with CKAN, it throws an exception and says "StockBugFix module not found" - seems to be something to do with this mod's CKAN metadata.  Definitely a new problem since 1.0.5a3.

3 hours ago, ss8913 said:

ever since 1.0.5a3 came out, this mod has completely broken CKAN

I do apologize for that, but I have nothing to do with CKAN. I've not used it, and I've not tried to maintain it. I did modify how my mod operates back in 1.0.5a.1 to try and accommodate CKAN user's requests for persisting settings across updates, but beyond that I don't have anything to do with the CKAN process itself.

StockBugFix was the old name for part of this, so possibly there is a conflict within CKAN still looking for the old name? Might be best if someone with CKAN experience can have a look on that end, and let me know if there's something I can do differently to assist with compatibility. I've released the mod in the same manner I've been doing since I first created it.

2 hours ago, Claw said:

I do apologize for that, but I have nothing to do with CKAN. I've not used it, and I've not tried to maintain it. I did modify how my mod operates back in 1.0.5a.1 to try and accommodate CKAN user's requests for persisting settings across updates, but beyond that I don't have anything to do with the CKAN process itself.

StockBugFix was the old name for part of this, so possibly there is a conflict within CKAN still looking for the old name? Might be best if someone with CKAN experience can have a look on that end, and let me know if there's something I can do differently to assist with compatibility. I've released the mod in the same manner I've been doing since I first created it.

well, I have no good explanation for it, but Windows wanted to update, and a restart of the entire machine seems to have fixed it.  I previously did try restarting the CKAN app but that didn't help;  the reboot, however, did, so there doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, at least not until I attempt to install your module again; this greets me with the following.  I tried installing/updating some other modules and it's ok; it seems to be something specific to this module that it does not like.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install StockBugFixModules, module not available
   at CKAN.CkanModule.FromIDandVersion(IRegistryQuerier registry, String mod, KSPVersion ksp_version)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.<RelationshipResolver>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String name)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KSPVersion kspversion)
   at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(IRegistryQuerier registry, IEnumerable`1 change_set, KSPVersion ksp_version)
   at CKAN.Main.<UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts>c__async1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CKAN.Main.<ModList_CellValueChanged>c__async0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe
----------------------------------------

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.