[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Claw I just thought of another very useful feature you could add to stock plus. - Disabling "control from here" functions on parts - including preventing going IVA changing control to the capsule you're looking out of. It would probably be a button labeled something like "Toggle control". It's really annoying launching planes/cars with cockpits mounted vertically (I.E. landers/VTOLs) and swapping view to a forward facing cockpit (l.E. planes) re-orients view. I understand why it was done this way, but it can really throw me off when I'm flying a shuttle from an angled probe core and going IVA swaps to an unusable orientation.

Would this be an easy/worthy enough addition?

Thanks again everyone! :D I've been working quite hard the last few days to absorb into the team. I'm unsure about the fate of StockPlus at the moment, because KSP is not my only line of work. So I'll be in that zone of "spend time on an addon, or spend time on the game itself." I'm not planning on abandoning it, just not sure what form it'll take yet.

I'm also not sure about the fate of the BugFixes. It's still an add-on and subject to all the normal add-on rules. My goal in this community has always been to try and squash down bugs that get in people's way of having a good time. Things like ragdoll kerbals, claw krakens, and flippy fairings are no fun for anyone. I definitely don't plan on abandoning reactive fixes, even if it ends up on my own time

@Avera9eJoe I certainly know what you mean about that one. It actually happens to me constantly on my Elcano missions, because the engineer (who has to get and repair tires) faces backwards. So it flips the steering on me pretty often. I'm not sure off hand how easy that is to fix via addon though, because I think the code that does that selection is buried deeper than the module level. But it might be worth a look.

Good to hear you're getting up to speed. :D - Indeed now that you're officially on payroll you most likely will have much less time to focus on your personal projects. It very well could be a spread out problem - if it takes more time than you deem it worth then I'm sure there's more important things to work on. Good to know you find this "feature" annoying too though. I'm betting at least a few of your Stock Plus additions could be worth making stock (like parachute spread or speed/heat warning lights). It could be that your dream of KSP becoming un-bugged enough for it to not need Stock Bug Fix might come true. Well, one can hope ^-^

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, luizopiloto said:

what about the wing strike bug?

It's in my long-standing list of bugs to kill. It's just that it's rather difficult and time consuming to replicate.

Someone did just recently hand me a save that they apparently triggers the issue a majority of the time, but I've yet to be able to sit down and play through it.

Edited by Claw

3 hours ago, CommanderSpock said:

I was wondering if you could fix that annoying ship-jumps-into-air-when-loaded bug?

Which one? Are you referring to the spring up for the fixed landing gear? Or something else?

19 minutes ago, Claw said:

@CommanderSpock If you have a stock save where this is happening, I'll see what I can do. I know of the bug where the ship warps to the ocean floor, but I'm unaware of where it flips into the air.

It does that, it goes to the bottom, and then launches into the air. Unfortunately, it is quite modded at the moment.

2 hours ago, Delta_8930 said:

Can you fix the KSP bug in which the apoapsis and perapsis of the orbit wobbles and changes for no reason?

Some of that is unavoidable due to how KSP calculates orbits. It's especially bad if you have a ship that's maneuvering and is susceptible to wobble.

Also, there's a "barrier" of sorts at 100km around Kerbin. If a ship is in orbit below that altitude, the orbit will tend to wobble more than when it's above 100km. Other planets have similar phenomena, but LKO is usually where it gets noticed most.

6 hours ago, Claw said:

Some of that is unavoidable due to how KSP calculates orbits. It's especially bad if you have a ship that's maneuvering and is susceptible to wobble.

Also, there's a "barrier" of sorts at 100km around Kerbin. If a ship is in orbit below that altitude, the orbit will tend to wobble more than when it's above 100km. Other planets have similar phenomena, but LKO is usually where it gets noticed most.

Is this Similar to why incepts jump aound and disappear?

Thank you for the great work! Ambitious mods can add a lot to the game, but I definitely appreciate the little quality-of-play stuff this add-on does. Just being able to angle my symmetrical parachutes so they don't go inside each other and can look cool is very nice. I mean how many thing needs multiple chute to land without blowing up? Most things I make. :)

On 3/5/2016 at 7:52 AM, Nicole said:

Thank you for the great work!

Thanks, I appreciate that!

I keep flip-flopping back and forth between continuing StockPlus, and letting it go. So knowing that people enjoy the little StockPlus additions is good to hear. :D

Just now, parachutingturtle said:

Parachute spread doesn't work for me

I assume you put them on with symmetry? And there's a deflection angle tweak now too, so try right-clicking to see if that's there (and that it isn't zero).

If that doesn't help, please start up the game fresh and get to this point, then upload your log file somewhere I can take a look to see if there's an error.

Ok, so I checked the part right click menu, and I didn't see the tweaks that need to be there, instead there was a "show info" button for RealChute. I didn't realize I had RealChute, I didn't install it, but I use FAR, and apparently FAR has something called "RealChuteLite" now. I tried removing the RealChuteLite folder from the FAR installation, and it makes the parachute deflection work flawlessly, but this also makes parachutes useless, so they don't slow me down at all :confused:

Strange.

(Of course without FAR it works fine.)

27 minutes ago, parachutingturtle said:

I didn't realize I had RealChute

Ah, then that's the issue. This mod and RealChute is incompatible. They don't break each other, but RealChute replaces the stock chutes with it's own modules. This add-on augments the stock module (which isn't there when RealChutes is installed). If FAR is relying on RealChutes, then (by extension) the Parachute Modules in this add-on is no longer compatible with FAR either.

@Claw about the wing bug, I'm not sure, but I think the cause of this bug is linked to a memory leak. and this leak causes not only the wing strike, but everything close but outside a cargobay or fairing get occluded, disabling lift, RCS thrusters and so... this usually happens when I go to an orbit above 100km... open and cose a cargobay... when returning to atmosphere, some of the wing parts or control surfaces get disabled... I open and close it several times until everything works, or the game starts to lag to a unplayable point...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.