skbpr.jpg

skbscience.jpg

skboperations.jpg

skbfinance.jpg

Downloads:

SKB on SpaceDock.info

ksbseparator.png

Say thanks by donating?

Want to say thanks for the mod with hard cash, wonga, dosh etc.? All donations go to the caffeine fund.

btn_donate_LG.gif

patreon.png

ksbseparator.png

BORING STUFF/LICENCE

Spoiler

Copyright © 2014-2016, Ashley Hall and Alpha Strike Games. All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
  2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
  3. Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

ksbseparator.png

Edited by AlphaAsh

Great thanks! Downloading as now. It's always nice with more options and i think these fit in nicely :D

Edit: one comment though, the 3rd strategy is set to 20%, while the others are 10% and i think it might give the wrong base for comparison, if one didn't notice.

Edited by superm18

Well done ash, would it not be a good idea to upgrade with some of your 1.0 strategies still active?

No you should be fine to go ahead chap. I haven't seen any problems with existing saves and the functions that handle disallowing some strategies when others are active don't seem to care. It does mean that could be abused but I'm not the save police :)

EDIT - And now that I think about it, that isn't possible. Any new strategies that are disallowed by active ones will be disabled automatically next time you open the administration building.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Testing completed on two more strategies for Finance and one for Science. See the OP for details.

Please, if you try any of these, come and give me some feedback. My idea of balanced/UP/OP may very well be different from yours.

No, I didn't want to reproduce what Sane Strategies already does very well. I'd recommend that to compliment these strategies - it's a very good re-balance of the stock strategies based on my testing. I'm not so keen on the custom strategies in that though - I think they need some more shaking out. But then, so does SKB.

No, I didn't want to reproduce what Sane Strategies already does very well. I'd recommend that to compliment these strategies - it's a very good re-balance of the stock strategies based on my testing. I'm not so keen on the custom strategies in that though - I think they need some more shaking out. But then, so does SKB.

Ok, cool. Installed both of em. :)

Why are some of the effects from these strategies less reputation on contract advances? I haven't seen any contracts that give you rep up front... Awesome mod though.

Future-proofing. I'm hoping to see more rep and science advances from contracts in third-party additions (and now official contracts now that Fine-Print is getting integrated) and it's something I want to implement in my own custom contracts (when I get to doing that).

Updated to v1.4.

Changelog:

• Improved scaling on all strategies with scaling.
  • Science Academy: Reduced setup cost. Penalty changed from rep advances to contract science rewards.
  • Launch Spectating: Removed rep advance penalty. Reduced contract funds advance bonus. Reduced reputation reward bonus.
  • Live Feeds: Increased setup costs. Reduced reputation reward bonus.
  • Space Camps: Science reward penalty now just from transmissions. Penalty for science recovery removed.
  • Conservation Directive: Removed contract funds advance penalty.
  • Meteorological Authority: Increased science transmission reward bonus so it's a little less pathetic. Still pretty pathetic though.

My future-proofing for rep advances from contracts has been removed so that strategies are better balanced now, not later.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Well, to me, they all seem fairly well balanced.. haven't played with them all enough to know for real though.. All I can say is that I'm seriously enjoying it! I hope something very similar to this gets into stock.

Have you found yourself using any strategies in particular at different stages of your career OWK, or do you find yourself sticking with certain ones and upping the commitment to them? And which ones are you using?

Hope you don't mind the short questionnaire :)

Have you found yourself using any strategies in particular at different stages of your career OWK, or do you find yourself sticking with certain ones and upping the commitment to them? And which ones are you using?

Right now, I'm using Live Feeds to help get some rep that stock Fundraising takes, but I've used.. oh goodness, loads. Science Academy, Launch Spectating, Space Camps, Safety Procedures, Staff Downscaling.. Personally, I tend to flit between whichever I need at the time - it's a shame I can't change commitment once I've accepted, or I'd stick with some (Meteorological Authority, Space Camps to name two) throughout. That said, when I accept new ones, it's not usually that high a commitment as it tends to break other ones.

I like that it's not just 'takes science, adds funds', it's got buffs/nerfs to launch costs, contract completion, science recovery and not transmission.. basically, it separates out the whole mission, from part purchase to recovery, every step has a strategy for it.

But, after a quick look at them to look at balance, my thoughts are these - 1, Outsourced Recovery has two nerfs and one buff. Maybe decreasing the % science loss or increasing the % off launch costs by a couple % would make it more attractive to me and 2, Conservation Directive at the highest commitment doubles launch costs but only increases science transmission/recovery by 20%.. maybe 100%/40% or 70%/20%. The doubled rep is a nice incentive to take it, but that unbalance makes me think otherwise. Just my quick thoughts after looking at it for 5 minutes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.