0.15 Easter eggs? (Obviously possible spoilers inside)

zombiphylax

Is the monolith on the mun directly on the equator?

Not directly. If you\'re on an equatorial orbit and looking straight down, you\'ll miss it.

I had a lot of fun using R4m0n\'s muon detector mod. Even with that thing, some of them were very challenging.

Has it been pointed out that you can actually see the arches while approaching Mun from hundreds of kilometers away? Occasionally you see little white specs on the surface, almost all of which are graphics glitches which either disappear or move along with your perspective. But if you watch carefully (and know where to look), 2 of them keep sparkling in the same places.

Meanwhile, I wasn\'t looking for it, but just trying out my new cart and decided to check out the view from yon hill:

Don\'t feel that way! They are very hard to find unless you are extremely lucky.

Can I suggest you start off by using the Munolith detectors to find them. Once you know where they are, try finding them without aids - it\'s surprisingly hard even if you know where they are!

Good luck!

As I noted, it\'s possible to spot the arches from space if you know where to look. They look just like terrain glitches, except they keep sparkling in the same spots. I first caught sight of them at 1million meters, though these are the first screenshots that captured them:

(Well, *I* thought it was interesting. Hmph!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty sure it was confirmed in another thread on the forums a while ago that the castle does not actually exist ingame. But maybe the devs were lying to us to throw us off! To the Mun!