[1.0.x] Sound and particle FX for stock Ion drive | v 1.0.2.0 (26/07/2015)

uraa

ClankerTech.png

ClankerTech

proudly presents you

Sound and particle FX for stock Ion drive

Hello folks. This is your new favorite sound for your already favorite engine.

Valentina having a blast at Minmus riding her twin engine (16k valves per engine) IONCycle that Bill made for her birthday.

https://youtu.be/hyqeZMpiYAs

This is simple configuration file powered by Module Manager plugin that adds sound and particle FX to Squad's Ion engine.

Download: Google drive

To install, copy GameData folder from zip file into the KSP root directory (you already done this at least hundred times, right?/not right?).

In order for this mod to work you NEED Module Manager plugin

(not included in download)

If you don't already have Module Manager plugin, please refer to sarbian's thread for latest version of plugin and installation instructions.

v 1.0.2.0

• 1.0.2 compatibility check
  • included IONCycle.craft file

v 0.2.1

• new wav file

v 0.2

• 0.90 compatibility
  • new wav file
  • added particle effect

v 0.1

• Initial release

License: GNU GPL v3

Also, check similar mod: Original Ion-Drive Sound Mod! by kahlzun

Edited by uraa
Compatibility update.

Thanks kahlzun, this was actually inspired by your mode.

As for sound files, there is link to your thread in OP and it is very simple to replace wav file, so I can only encourage people to experiment on their own.

• 2 months later...

New version

v 0.2

-0.90 compatibility

-new wav file

-added particle effect

If you are upgrading from previous version please delete complete "ClankerTech" folder.

Edited by uraa

Ok, this is starting to look like I am talking to my self but I did get couple of private messages with critics about sound, and while I appreciate your discretion, please fell free to post in forum.

So, here is new wav file, hopefully less annoying than previous. :P

v 0.2.1

-new wav file

As for TIE fighter sound request, I cant find file that is good for looping. Sound effects from Star Wars are good for fly buys but awful for engine loop.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm... ya know, I tend to ignore the Ion drives because they used to bore me (lack of sound and effect), even when messing around the solar planes (that, and solar planes cannot leave the atmosphere efficiently enough).

However, this may make them more fun again.

One of mine must-have mods is RemoteTech so I usually have bunch of small sats with ion drive and as you pointed your self, moving them around is somehow dull without of some kind buzzing or such.

• 3 months later...

Thanks marc40k.

OP is updated to confirm compatibility with KSP 1.0.2.

I included one craft file in download and if you don't need that file there is no reason to redownload.

Valentina having a blast at Minmus riding her twin engine (16k valves per engine) IONCycle that Bill made for her birthday.

• 2 months later...
Thanks marc40k.

OP is updated to confirm compatibility with KSP 1.0.2.

I included one craft file in download and if you don't need that file there is no reason to redownload.

https://youtu.be/hyqeZMpiYAs

Hi, uraa! First, great (and simple) mod! Second, where is the documentation on those parameters you used? How do I get a higher pitch on the sound?

I've found a microIonDrive and used your mmpatch to give it some effects. But, since it is smaller, I think it should have a higher pitch sound, don't you?

Hi jlcarneiro, I am glad that you like my mod.

Play with this lines for volume. First number is % of throttle, second number is % of volume height.

volume = 0.0 0.0 /0% throttle 0% volume/

volume = 0.1 0.6 /10% throttle 60% volume/ - this line is optional, you can add more lines if you want to define more levels of throttle

volume = 1.0 2.0 /100% throttle 200% volume/

Same thing for pitch.

pitch = 0.0 0.0 /0% throttle 0% pitch/

pitch = optional lines

pitch = 1.0 1.0 /100% throttle 100% pitch/

Same thing for pitch.

pitch = 0.0 0.0 /0% throttle 0% pitch/

pitch = optional lines

pitch = 1.0 1.0 /100% throttle 100% pitch/

Thanks! And how do I make this sound "higher", I mean with with a higher pitch? If I understood your explanation well, it is not possible, I'd have to use another sound file. Am I right?

EDIT - Nervermind, I've solved it! ;)

Edited by jlcarneiro
Nevermind, silly question.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.