0.25 absolutely unplayable - OSX 10.9.5

Hi guys,

As the title says, my version of KSP is absolutely unplayable since I updated it. I removed all mods (physically removed their data) and it didn't change anything. A quick summary:

• VAB, missions etc work as far as I could see
  • Unable to come back from tracking station, neither by clicking on the button nor by hitting "esc"
  • Unable to launch a flight. I just get a screen with what may or may not be the curved outside surface of kerbin, an unidentified object in the center of the screen, and the whole view moving slowly to the right side. No buttons have an effect, esc brings the menu which allows for everything except going back to the space center

It is the same whether I start a new game or load a previous save.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Edited by Vanamonde

• 2 weeks later...
Here's your problem: .26 DOES NOT EXIST. Did you try to get the software from some other place than the main site/steam? Or was that a typo?

Either way, I would re-install.

Maybe try reading the thread before replying? That was already answered as being a typo.

Okay.... waited for a couple of days, re-reinstalled, and it works. Still curious about what the bug was...

From the sound of everything above, I'd say 99.9% likely not a KSP bug at all. My guess is either bad KSP installation, or a rare bug that I've encountered with OSX where the graphics subsystem half dies (a problem with the kernel's Quartz module, if memory serves), simple desktop stuff continues to work and the machine seems like it's running ok, but advanced graphics either fail to operate or have strange breakage. In the case of that obscure OSX bug, rebooting usually fixes it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.