[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Astax:I think im going to keep the old drop bay because i personally likes it haha but I considered what you said and made a larger more convensional bay for those needs a medium sided bay. Im going to keep those really large bay for K parts in the future

Thank you very much for taking my ideas into consideration. Those new parts look beautiful.:)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I love these parts, especially that drop bay, it can have uses quite different from a standard cargo bay. Turned out my SSTO was so heavy I had to download KAX for the larger landing gear though. Stock gear snapped like twigs. Would it be possible for you to upload the model of one of your J sized parts, or just the end plate of one? I just started making models for KSP and I really want to make some parts to fit to these. If you aren't comfortable with that I understand though.

Edited by BlackFang

Thanks Cpt. Kipard! I think modelling stuff isnt very hard because of your posts and guides! i really appreciate them. but is hard to make important parts like the cockpit looks good sometimes so im still experimenting abit

You could try giving it a more rounded nose.

Also just so you don't misunderstand, the reason I like those windows is because they look like they would give very high visibility in all the important directions, without ridiculous amounts of glass. That's really really good. I like small windows. They make the part more realistic and immersive.

So, when do you think we'll be able to play with those new parts? ;)

:D

I dont know if is just me or other modders too the IVA is a pain because of orientations... also remodelling some parts so i say give me one week xD

http://imgur.com/a/MQGhy

I love these parts, especially that drop bay, it can have uses quite different from a standard cargo bay. Turned out my SSTO was so heavy I had to download KAX for the larger landing gear though. Stock gear snapped like twigs. Would it be possible for you to upload the model of one of your J sized parts, or just the end plate of one? I just started making models for KSP and I really want to make some parts to fit to these. If you aren't comfortable with that I understand though.

BlackFang: I must say that design is pretty awsome! i havent tried build anything larger than this:

31q8liG.png

And i never knew about the KAX landing gears!!!!!!! I did made 2 landing gears for next update and i land the above ship safely at a very rough terrain so i say the new gears will be over powered haha. there are also problem with config files currently making them break easily i think is because i made the breaking force and torq too large they are fixed and will be updated.

http://www./download/qtokc3n3rsqg4cc/JFuelTankREMblend.blend

I hope the link works, is the blender file for J fuel tank i build most my part from it feel free to create more awsome parts! :D

ps. There is a slim chance i might remodel J parts's profile because right now compare to stock they have quiet a bit more triangle counts

Edited by K.Yeon

I really like these parts--nice work. I'm currently trying to get an SSTO to LKO in 6.4x Kerbin RSS, which is moderately tricky! One question, is there a way to attach a docking port to the inside of the cargo bay? There's not an attachment node, at least not in the version I'm looking at. I'm getting around it by surface-attaching a cubic octagonal strut and then attaching the docking port to that.

These parts look very nice.

Is there any support for Ferram Aerospace Research?

Yes i am still working on FAR/Near support, most likely in the next update

I really like these parts--nice work. I'm currently trying to get an SSTO to LKO in 6.4x Kerbin RSS, which is moderately tricky! One question, is there a way to attach a docking port to the inside of the cargo bay? There's not an attachment node, at least not in the version I'm looking at. I'm getting around it by surface-attaching a cubic octagonal strut and then attaching the docking port to that.

When i testing the parts i felt something weird about the cargo bay, i guess this is the reason! thanks for pointing it out, if you wish to add Node inside the bay now you can replace the Node definitions from the J8mcargo.cfg to this:

// --- node definitions ---

node_stack_top = 0.0, 3.908389, 0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

node_stack_bottom01 = 0.0, 3.009002, 0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

node_stack_top01 = 0.0, -3.009002, 0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -3.908389, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3

and optional change attachrules to:

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

Dont forget to hold ALT when trying to attach nodes

Edited by K.Yeon

Have you added the new crew module and bay in a new pre-release? Would love to test them out!

Also I must say that this mod is just so incredibly awesome. And I love the Ky engines, they feel balanced and very useful. Makes for some great offworld engines when making a ship that can descend/ascend from alien atmospherical worlds.

Edit: Nvm, I saw the 1.3 patch now, was using the 1.2!

Edited by SlimJim89

Also, would it be awful if the Ky engines had a ground isp of 1200? Would help lots, I can't get to 10km and still retain a decent amount of fuel, I'm using 2 Ky engines, 2 jsi LFO tanks, and 1 LFO adapter, and I have a start weight of 119tons, and 1.21 isp in my setup

Also, would it be awful if the Ky engines had a ground isp of 1200? Would help lots, I can't get to 10km and still retain a decent amount of fuel, I'm using 2 Ky engines, 2 jsi LFO tanks, and 1 LFO adapter, and I have a start weight of 119tons, and 1.21 isp in my setup

hmm, for ky engine there is a interesting efficiency curve created by plotting number of engines vs Height, and this depends on the weight of the ship, i am trying to use this to make this engine not over powered. The rough idea is 2 engine for a heavy spacecraft is inefficient, try 4. You can also download the 1.3fix&sampleCrafts on my curseforge page and take a look at the ships i built :D

Why the Ky engine is a LFO engine and not a air intake engine ? Have I a bug???

I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the cfg. The engine is set up with an intake but uses Oxidizer instead of IntakeAir.

The engine definitely feels a bit unbalanced anyway though. K.Yeaon - I recommend basing the thrust and efficiency curves off of existing in-game engines rather than putting multiple points together. The stock RAPIER might be a good place to start :). And have you considered making it a dual-mode engine? The shape of the nozzles and the overall size of the engine seems to suggest that it would be dual-mode.

And a minor bug report on the model - there should be two thrust transforms - one for each nozzle. That way the exhaust effects can spawn properly :)

hmm, for ky engine there is a interesting efficiency curve created by plotting number of engines vs Height, and this depends on the weight of the ship, i am trying to use this to make this engine not over powered. The rough idea is 2 engine for a heavy spacecraft is inefficient, try 4. You can also download the 1.3fix&sampleCrafts on my curseforge page and take a look at the ships i built :D

Thing is I can't fit 4 in this design... oIREqXo.png

But if you made it tweakscaleable, things might work out real good?

I think ky engine would better be a dual mode engine.

And I hope this mod will have a more powerful jet engine to push those giant plane to the sky, now I have to spam many stock jet engine on the plane to do so, it was ugly and lag:(