[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Hey K.Yeon you really need to advertise your stuff. I am probably the first person who has noticed that you put out a gorgeous trailer for the 1.6 release somewhat in the style of a Star Citizen commercial.

Considering the 766 views, I doubt that.

Need help I have installed this and the landing gear and cargo bays do no open or close. Worse enough the landing gear do not move at all this problem has also affected the B9 landing gear in that the plane will not move and rips to pieces or bounces. Do not affect the stock landing gear. I have tried to reinstall the firespitter that comes with 1.5 multiple times and nothing also a fresh install and same problem. Also none of the new parts for 1.5 are in the SPH I have tried both download links.

Need help I have installed this and the landing gear and cargo bays do no open or close. Worse enough the landing gear do not move at all this problem has also affected the B9 landing gear in that the plane will not move and rips to pieces or bounces. Do not affect the stock landing gear. I have tried to reinstall the firespitter that comes with 1.5 multiple times and nothing also a fresh install and same problem. Also none of the new parts for 1.5 are in the SPH I have tried both download links.

Definitely sounds like a firespitter issue. Make sure you don't have another copy of firespitter.dll somewhere. If you've made sure that there's only one and it's still not working try redownloading from here (click "download plugin").

Just an update, here are just some major changes:

I have fixed issues relating to landing gear breaks;

The engines are now less likely to suddenly overheat and explode, but it still over heats sometimes... just throttle back abit around 1000m/s when using the turboramjet; (if it still overheats try place it on a 'hardpoint' or 'pylon')

The turboramjet is also more efficient with liquid fuels.

I also rebalanced the fueltank fuel amounts abit, im not sure if is a positive change but personally i think the new values are more suited for spaceplanes. If you think the fuel amount is too little or you have worked out an even better values, please PM me!!

I havent added a tail cargo bay ramp in this update because is kind of a difficult part to make, i will be working on it..

And lastly, if you have better names for these planes let me know :P they all fly pretty well when using FAR!

Enjoy!

1JmbDJe.png

Edited by K.Yeon

Hi!, I just wanted to post here what I posted several days ago in the FAR thread. I think I've encountered a bug with one of the engine mounts.

HEre's an album:

http://imgur.com/a/En8XD

despite the masive TWR, it won't get speed at all, due to drag issues.

Don't know if it's a known thing, if it's not, I can post with more detail or do more tests :-)

love the mod, cheers!

m1sz: Try putting a radial decoupler somewhere on the ship and then firing it in flight. There is an issue with the part clipping detection code which occasionally requires you to force FAR to update the craft.

Just an update, here are just some major changes:

I have fixed issues relating to landing gear breaks;

The engines are now less likely to suddenly overheat and explode, but it still over heats sometimes... just throttle back abit around 1000m/s when using the turboramjet; (if it still overheats try place it on a 'hardpoint' or 'pylon')

The turboramjet is also more efficient with liquid fuels.

I also rebalanced the fueltank fuel amounts abit, im not sure if is a positive change but personally i think the new values are more suited for spaceplanes. If you think the fuel amount is too little or you have worked out an even better values, please PM me!!

I havent added a tail cargo bay ramp in this update because is kind of a difficult part to make, i will be working on it..

And lastly, if you have better names for these planes let me know :P they all fly pretty well when using FAR!

Enjoy!

http://i.imgur.com/1JmbDJe.png

This is awesome! I just noticed a typo in one of my descriptions, so I'll get to fixing that and have a go at some descriptions for the new parts (as well as the old parts I missed -- the aerodynamic tail, 4 way engine mount, etc...)

Dude loving the parts, I wish you would bring back the JF parts, they were useful, would be nice to keep it all as 1 big package. Posting Some pics of a ship I made with your parts, plus others also lol. This one is stable at 300-350ms below 10km, 600ish m/s above 15km. VERY wobbly at low speeds. Some form of a VTOL engine would be really nice for the ship you based on the Shuttle from Avatar :P Yes I picked up on that haha.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

@S1000RRHP4: It uses the Intakes from the Mark IV system, Ther Verner's from SXT, The SU27 mk 2 'adapter' intake from SXT (or on of Lack's addons), Radial SABRE from Hangar, B9 Procedural Wings, I forget about the 2 larger airbrakes though.

I really need to find out how to make it more stable but not sure how.

Edited by stali79

I couldn't try 1.6 for much long, but as far as i get i had some trouble for reentry:

i can take off as always i go in orbit and when my ship met the atmosphere my ship spin.

Doesn't matter how much RCS or SAS i have or how much thrust i use, my ass come down and my nose goes up and i cannot regain control of my ship..

I end up flying in reverse and i crash...

i will investigate my ship and try other design with your part, but i found it strange.

And i don't use FAR

- - - Updated - - -

@S1000RRHP4: It uses the Intakes from the Mark IV system, Ther Verner's from SXT, The SU27 mk 2 'adapter' intake from SXT (or on of Lack's addons), Radial SABRE from Hangar, B9 Procedural Wings, I forget about the 2 larger airbrakes though.

I really need to find out how to make it more stable but not sure how.

thank you for the quick answer^^

I couldn't try 1.6 for much long, but as far as i get i had some trouble for reentry:

i can take off as always i go in orbit and when my ship met the atmosphere my ship spin.

Doesn't matter how much RCS or SAS i have or how much thrust i use, my ass come down and my nose goes up and i cannot regain control of my ship..

I end up flying in reverse and i crash...

i will investigate my ship and try other design with your part, but i found it strange.

And i don't use FAR

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for the quick answer^^

The default amount of Fuel in OPT parts has been changed in 1.6 and probably messed up your CoM. You should revisit SPH and adjust your CoM relative to your CoL.

@S1000RRHP4: I use FAR, TAC Fuel Balancer and Pilot Assistant.

TFB is useful to minimize movement in your COM. Pilot Assistant is very useful, more useful than the MechJeb2 Spaceplane Guidance. Its defaults are for the stock Aeris SSTO and i know nothing about PID programming so i cant fine tune it for this plane. inboard control surfaces are flaps, middle are spolers and outboards are aelerons. the Su27 intakes i assume were based on the real world Su-27 Flanker. i only added them as i liked the look and it gave a good mounting spot for the forward facing engines which are only usable at low altitudes, think of them as thrust reversers. just gets wobbly under 200m/s at times.

Edited by stali79

The default amount of Fuel in OPT parts has been changed in 1.6 and probably messed up your CoM. You should revisit SPH and adjust your CoM relative to your CoL.

Yes i always do that before take off any ship, the CoM and the CoL are perfectly aligned..

that's why i don't understand what's going on