[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

I too would prefer a ramp arrangement that doesn't eliminate every engine mount location, otherwise i don't think I'll be finding much use for the K ramp.

I've been going through all of the config files changing the node setting's, basically parts need to have a -1.0 for the "Up Y" on the back of a part and a positive on the front for things to connect up.

Ie, for the MK2 Ram Intake

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.666, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 4

and the MK2 Turbo Ramjet Engine

node_stack_top = 0.0, 3.99574, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4

node_attach = 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4

Or the K Cockpit

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.498529, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 5

I spent quite a while fiddling with it and got them all set then I found that all I had to do was hit Alt F12 to bring up the cheats menu and check the "Non-Strict Part Attachment Orientation Checks" box.(insert colorful expletive here):rolleyes:

I'm still experimenting with the configs trying to get things to work with the new aerodynamics model.

Edited by M_Ouellette

you mean like Thunderbird 2?

Yes similar to Thunderbird 2 or the drop ship from aliens, the shuttles from Armageddon, the LLL mod has one in its 2x1 sized cargo bays

I really love this mod! Thanks to this work I was able to build my first VTOL-SSTOs which made it to Mun and back. :cool:

Especially for VTOL engineering it would be a great if this mod provides large landing legs (s. figure) which fit seamless into the fuselage like regular landing gears. (Unfortunately, B9 and stock parts provide too little clearance height.)

outlander_landing-gear4.jpg

I know, this is just a style issue as regular landing gears will do this job as well. But it would give this mod one more unique item…

I really love this mod! Thanks to this work I was able to build my first VTOL-SSTOs which made it to Mun and back. :cool:

Especially for VTOL engineering it would be a great if this mod provides large landing legs (s. figure) which fit seamless into the fuselage like regular landing gears. (Unfortunately, B9 and stock parts provide too little clearance height.)

http://www.mondolithic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/outlander_landing-gear4.jpg

I know, this is just a style issue as regular landing gears will do this job as well. But it would give this mod one more unique item…

B9, I think, has landing legs like that

Yeah b9 has some nice square side attached landing legs, but ill see if i can make something blend in with this mod better once i finish those IVAs haha

hey any news on 1.0 or 1.0.2 release? thanks

im still currently working on the IVAs for all the cockpits i made... I never thought IVAs would be this time consuming :| This is the second time i modelled interior stuff so... is not as good as the stock ivas... ill improve them as time goes on i guess :s

Anyway i have quite alot of parts to balance and test for 1.0, i'd say i have a small patch ready in one or two weeks. Im sorry for the long waits :rolleyes:

GF2iRWL.png

Yeah b9 has some nice square side attached landing legs, but ill see if i can make something blend in with this mod better once i finish those IVAs haha

im still currently working on the IVAs for all the cockpits i made... I never thought IVAs would be this time consuming :| This is the second time i modelled interior stuff so... is not as good as the stock ivas... ill improve them as time goes on i guess :s

Anyway i have quite alot of parts to balance and test for 1.0, i'd say i have a small patch ready in one or two weeks. Im sorry for the long waits :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/GF2iRWL.png

No pressure sir, i know 1.0 hammered lots of things to you, we all can wait, just knowing even a rough estimation, even if it become a later date is ok to supress our worries lol, thanks for your hard work to let us all having fun

Hey, having a problem where some parts, K type specifically, wont attach to their nodes properly. Any ideas?

In the alt f12 menu there is an option about strict attatchment, select it.

So i only read back about 5 pages, but as long as you're working on the mod, one thing has always stood out as a huge problem: the cargo bays. They absolutely hate having anything attached on the inside. Like they'll do a chaotic jitter bug dance. And they tend to explode if there's anything clipping them.

But I really love this mod pack, it's got great style and utility. Right on par with B9 for me.

Edited by achroma

I'm a novice to aerodynamic and really wanna have working scramjet engine. If I gonna download this turboramjet and get rid if primary mod a.k.a. Turbo mod and only using ramjet mod which seems somewhat overpowered then I'm gonna have a something-looks-like-scramjet?

I'm a novice to aerodynamic and really wanna have working scramjet engine. If I gonna download this turboramjet and get rid if primary mod a.k.a. Turbo mod and only using ramjet mod which seems somewhat overpowered then I'm gonna have a something-looks-like-scramjet?

Yes, these are effectively SCRamjets in Ram mode, as their effective flight envelope is from 1km/s up past 3km/s, a ramjet should go from 500m/s to 1500m/s.

Hey K.Yeon,

I really love this parts pack! I love the aesthetic. Here is a quick test flight I ran using the latest release of FAR in 1.0.2 using parts from your mod and others! I'm so glad you're updating this pack, it's probably my favorite parts pack in KSP. I love the aesthetic of the parts.

Thanks!

Does this mod work with 1.0.2?

It's not updated yet. AFAIK attach nodes aren't placed correctly. Thermals will likely be off. Jet engines are not balanced against the new stock adjustments.