[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

I'm afraid to report HUGE problems with NuFAR -- some of the parts have effectively 0 cross-sectional area. This suggests that there are holes in the meshes.

edit: some more playing around suggest that this may be a problem with FAR itself. Huh.

If it wasn't against forum rules, I'd post the Darth Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! right here.

is the rear cargo ramp supposed to actually lower? and is it also supposed to be comepletely closed off on the K fuselage kind of haveing issues with making a decent cargo plane since TT's Cargo fuselages went the way of the dodo and the Mkiv spaceplane system is basicallyt abandoned

is the rear cargo ramp supposed to actually lower? and is it also supposed to be comepletely closed off on the K fuselage kind of haveing issues with making a decent cargo plane since TT's Cargo fuselages went the way of the dodo and the Mkiv spaceplane system is basicallyt abandoned

Mk4 is far from abandoned. Nertea is just working on other stuff right now. A) He's planning a full rework of the mod to make it feel more like an upgrade from the Mk3, and B) He's busy working on a fully redone version of Near Future Electrical.

Just fyi, I think 1.6.9 broke the save I'd made with 1.6. I have a space station that has the OPT mobile science lab, and when I reload the saved game, everything seems to function correctly until I right-click on the science lab, but after that I can't right-click on any other components, including stock components. I noticed in the save file the lab is called j.4m.lab, whereas in the .cfg it's called j_4m_lab, I have no idea really but maybe that's a potential cause?

I love the fueled wings with integral control surfaces now.

Now all we need is some passenger modules, an "I" clamp-o-tron, and a kitchen sink

I believe you need a kitchen first, otherwise, its just a sink.

Was there meant to be 'holes' in the new cargo ramp? They are cutouts instead of a solid ramp.

I thought the cargo bay weren't pressurized so it wont matter :P

Thank you for the update.

My little contribution, textures converted to DDS format.

Link to Google Drive - Only for next 48h.

@ K.Yeon

Please use them in the next update, if you want to.

Wow thanks!! Ill definitely use it in future. it almost make OPT loading time non-existent. May i ask what did you use to convert? or just simply rename the png to dds

Great work, thank you! One item for your list when you have a moment--the new 1.0 science lab has a data processing module that isn't in your lab yet. Here's the module from the Squad .cfg:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleScienceConverter

scientistBonus = 0.25 //Bonus per scientist star - need at least one! So 0.25x - 2.5x

researchTime = 7 //Larger = slower. Exponential!

scienceMultiplier = 5 //How much science does data turn into?

scienceCap = 500 //How much science can we store before having to transmit?

powerRequirement = 5 //EC/Sec to research

ConverterName = Research

StartActionName = Start Research

StopActionName = Stop Research

}

thanks i missed that out, did this cause the previous saved craft with labs not function? because i didnt change the part names at all.

I'm afraid to report HUGE problems with NuFAR -- some of the parts have effectively 0 cross-sectional area. This suggests that there are holes in the meshes.

edit: some more playing around suggest that this may be a problem with FAR itself. Huh.

for now i wouldn't fly with FAR haha the OPT wings also wouldn't work with far because they are not using the far controlsurface module. Anyway ill take a look at the new FAR (yes... i havent seen it!)

I love the fueled wings with integral control surfaces now.

Now all we need is some passenger modules, an "I" clamp-o-tron, and a kitchen sink

kitchen... sink?:0.0:

"Wow thanks!! Ill definitely use it in future. it almost make OPT loading time non-existent. May i ask what did you use to convert? or just simply rename the png to dds"

I am new in modifying the KSP, but generally modifies the game for over 15-17 years.

Change the file extension did not effect anything.

( it is not *.mbm texture that can be converted to *.pbm/*.raw/*.png by editing the file header and its extension),

texture must be read -> converted and stored in the proper way, I will not describe the entire procedure. (morning laziness :sticktongue:)

I must tell you that the DDS4KSP does well in most cases.

If an application crashes or any errors, install DirectX from the link provided on the home page of the program.

>>> Please refer to the application documentation ( DDS4KSP ) because you can cause yourself problems, and you'll have to re-install KSP <<<

Regards

Edited by InsanePlumber

Forgive my ignorance if this was covered a previous posts but, I'm having a problem with the Cargo Ramp tail section, there seems to be no action for lowering the ramp in the main VAB screen or in the Action Group Manager. I have both up to date versions of Firespitter and Module Manager. Is anyone else having this problem?

for now i wouldn't fly with FAR haha the OPT wings also wouldn't work with far because they are not using the far controlsurface module. Anyway ill take a look at the new FAR (yes... i havent seen it!)

ooooooohhhhhhhh. That explains alot........

*toddles off to go launch more rockets*

thanks i missed that out, did this cause the previous saved craft with labs not function? because i didnt change the part names at all.

I tried to dig into this a little more. With 1.6.9 I couldn't get the science lab to function properly at all...when I right-click on the lab nothing happens, even with a freshly-launched vessel. When I removed 1.6.9 and went back to 1.6, it functioned perfectly again. I added in the new Squad research module text to the OPT science lab config (the one under "j_4m_science", not the one under "Newparts"), and now it seems to function properly with the new research module. So, as far as I can see it's just some kind of bug with the new 1.6.9 science lab. No idea what, though....

K.Yeon, one of KSP's new features is a sort-by-cross-section, and Filter Extensions lets us create new subcategories for it. When you update your parts, add a "bulkheadProfiles = whatever" line to the configs (maybe opt_j and opt_k for fuselages, and of course adapters can have multiple comma-separated values, and "srf" for surface-attached parts), and I'll add J and K categories to the config.

Obviously, I should have read your part configs more closely, since you already have your bulkheads sorted under "j" and "k" (and "i", which would more conventionally be called "size2"). However, for the next release, it would also help to indicate the other bulkhead profiles -- e.g. mk2 in a J-to-Mk2 adapter. Thanks!

First, I would like to say this are some of the best spaceplane parts I've ever seen. Beautifully done.

Also, I'm not sure but I think I may have hit a bug the J adapter plate. Seems the nodes are backwards or recessed on it. I tried to place a senior docking port onto it only to find it on the back side of the plate rather than the side with all the connection nodes. Luckily the offset and rotation options have helped with it for now. Another one that might need to be looked at seems to be the K cargobay. I know there are some issues with it from what I've read but my question is: Is it supposed to rattle itself to the point of the aircraft falling apart on the runway? I've tried strutting it and no success.

Anyway great mod. Has become one of my instant favorites.

i love the looks of this mod but i am having big problems flying with these parts, maybe its just me not getting the adaption from 0.90 to now in aerodynamics but everytime i launch these planes they auto lift off at 70m/s and emediately flip over and crashn i

someone any advise on desiging with these parts or is it not doable with current aerodynamics ?

note : i mostly use the J-type parts and lift , thrust and mass is balanced in RL ways

i love the looks of this mod but i am having big problems flying with these parts, maybe its just me not getting the adaption from 0.90 to now in aerodynamics but everytime i launch these planes they auto lift off at 70m/s and emediately flip over and crashn i

someone any advise on desiging with these parts or is it not doable with current aerodynamics ?

note : i mostly use the J-type parts and lift , thrust and mass is balanced in RL ways

Sounds like you've got your centre of mass behind your centre of lift. You always want your centre of mass in front of the centre of lift for any plane -- these parts are no different.

Sounds like you've got your centre of mass behind your centre of lift. You always want your centre of mass in front of the centre of lift for any plane -- these parts are no different.

thx but i figured it out i was still used to add more wings to provide extra lift i redesigned it much more simpel and it works and it handles like a sharm, only now ive encounterd an old familiair bug when i add intakes i cant add any more parts to the plane if i click on a part in the building menu nothing happens -_-