[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

I should really stop lurking and actually post something useful for a change. Here's a start for folks using Real Fuels and these parts. By the by, K. Yeon, these parts are scary good with nuFAR. I'd love to see half-sized fuel tanks as well as a couple more parts with fuel (the tails mainly; though that might be something I can sort out via MM patch; hard to gauge dimensions when you can fully slot in two jumbo-64s in the K bay [width wise anyway]).

Real Fuels config file Feel free to add the file to your download. Should be safe to use for folks without RF (:NEEDS line etc)

Drop that into the OPT folder and you're golden.

Folks using MFT can do the same; but no real reason to with the Firespitter fuel switches going on. Simple enough though if you really want MFT tanks is to delete the :Needs portion of the code and dividing all the numeric values by 5.

Edited by Shad0wCatcher
I can use URL tags.

ok i've read the OP but i'm still a bit questionable about this mod (it looks damn pretty tho good work!)

the things that are bothering me are

1) cargo bays don't work. (kinda in need of them...)

2) non DDS textures (not enough memory to spare this mod)

once these are fixed (or even just the DDS problem) i'll download it ten times over! :P

K.Yeon stated in the last 2 updates that the K Tail was buggy and did nothing.

Huh... Odd it would be a simple animation with convex meshes on floating geometry, wouldn't it? (Search me...)

A couple of pics from me testing the adjustments to my Thermal Nuclear engines using a mostly OPT SSTO.

Edited by Eskandare

you must mean that it doesn't open.

not animating could mean it still works it just doesn't look like it's lowering.

also @Eskandare, what are those wings? B9 procedral wings?

No, just that there is no option to open it. There looks like meshes and geometry set up for a cargo ramp but no animation.

The wings are from OPT.

I took a quick look in the cockpits cfgs and I don't see any raster prop module mention. but in the cockpits there are rpm mfds. whats wrong?

oh dangit...the rpm support is listed with a link with very small letters. stupid me.

No, just that there is no option to open it. There looks like meshes and geometry set up for a cargo ramp but no animation.

The wings are from OPT.

yes i see what you mean :/

i do hope there is an animation soon it looks really cool and it's the only god damn cargo bay that's big enough to fit my unfolding tank.

Also i just thought i might as well share this now :P

Javascript is disabled. View full album

i've nicked named it SRV(short range vehicle/short recon vehicle) (MK2) because it only has 80 units of liquid fuel. (40 in the air-precooler thingys and 40 in the drop tanks which are only used for take off then immediately jettisoned)

SRV (MK1) is the same model but without drop tanks(40 units of fuel less than MK2) and can only stay around the KSC because of fuel.

if you want the craft file i can supply it but it's as stable as a paper plane in flight and once the drop tanks are gone it flips out if you pull too hard on the stick.

great mod i hope the bugs/WIP will be finished soon :D

Edited by AntiMatter001

Great pack. While not as versatile as B9, design of parts is much cooler.

As far as I understand a proper setup with FAR would require reexporting wings. WOuld be really nice to see it.

Btw, FAR does not require any special setup for cargo bays.

I have latest RPM and patch 1.6.9 doesn't do anything to the iva mfds.

Yep checked it on a vanilla install and it does not work.

With the previous RPM version 19.?.? it is working. I tried to find out what has changed but the only breaking thing was replacing "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" with "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD" which has already been done. So I have no clue whats else might cause the issue.

I have latest RPM and patch 1.6.9 doesn't do anything to the iva mfds.

Thank to the God of RPM MOARdv I found the solution for the config. In additon of the RPM Patch you need to add the following code to the cockpit part.cfg:

MODULE
{
name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
}

So I made the corrections to all the implemented IVAs and decided to make a patch for the OP patch.

I hope it is ok that I have done that to make the modders life a bit easier.

1. Install OPT

2. Install the patch from the OP

3. Install my patch from the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7zbyuumktyoeap/OPT-RPM%20Patch%202.zip?dl=0

I should really stop lurking and actually post something useful for a change. Here's a start for folks using Real Fuels and these parts. By the by, K. Yeon, these parts are scary good with nuFAR. I'd love to see half-sized fuel tanks as well as a couple more parts with fuel (the tails mainly; though that might be something I can sort out via MM patch; hard to gauge dimensions when you can fully slot in two jumbo-64s in the K bay [width wise anyway]).

Real Fuels config file Feel free to add the file to your download. Should be safe to use for folks without RF (:NEEDS line etc)

Drop that into the OPT folder and you're golden.

Folks using MFT can do the same; but no real reason to with the Firespitter fuel switches going on. Simple enough though if you really want MFT tanks is to delete the :Needs portion of the code and dividing all the numeric values by 5.

Add the following:

@PART[k_cockpit_adaptor]:NEEDS[RealFuels]
{
!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]{}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 25000
type = Default
}
}

The pesky K cockpit adaptor's easy to miss due to it being in a different folder.

This is a very, very rough config to get the wings to work in FAR, but, it does work! Just create a .cfg in you GameData folder and paste the following into the file.

@PART[opt_wing_a]:NEEDS[FerramAerospacResearch|NEAR]
{
// zero out all stock values, remove stock module
@module = Part
@maximum_drag = 0
@minimum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
@dragCoeff = 0
@deflectionLiftCoeff = 0
@ctrlSurfaceRange = 0
@ctrlSurfaceArea = 0

// add custom FAR values
MODULE
{
name = FARControllableSurface
MAC = 7.34
MidChordSweep = 25.12
b_2 = 4.3
TaperRatio = 0.35
e = 0.87
nonSideAttach = 0
maxdeflect = 15
ctrlSurfFrac = 0.115
}
}

@PART[opt_winglet_a]:NEEDS[FerramAerospacResearch|NEAR]
{
@module = Part
@maximum_drag = 0
@minimum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
@dragCoeff = 0
@deflectionLiftCoeff = 0
@ctrlSurfaceRange = 0
@ctrlSurfaceArea = 0

// add custom FAR values
MODULE
{
MAC = 3.46
MidChordSweep = 24.92
b_2 = 3.56
TaperRatio = 0.26
e = 0.87
nonSideAttach = 0
maxdeflect = 15
ctrlSurfFrac = 0.143
}
}

@PART[opt_winglet_b]:NEEDS[FerramAerospacResearch|NEAR]
{
@module = Part
@maximum_drag = 0
@minimum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
@dragCoeff = 0
@deflectionLiftCoeff = 0
@ctrlSurfaceRange = 0
@ctrlSurfaceArea = 0

// add custom FAR values
MODULE
{
MAC = 2.79
MidChordSweep = 18.31
b_2 = 4.68
TaperRatio = 0.72
e = 0.87
nonSideAttach = 0
maxdeflect = 15
ctrlSurfFrac = 0.106
}
}

@PART[opt_winglet_c]:NEEDS[FerramAerospacResearch|NEAR]
{
@module = Part
@maximum_drag = 0
@minimum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
@dragCoeff = 0
@deflectionLiftCoeff = 0
@ctrlSurfaceRange = 0
@ctrlSurfaceArea = 0

// add custom FAR values
MODULE
{
MAC = 2.78
MidChordSweep = 11
b_2 = 4.00
TaperRatio = 0.41
e = 0.87
nonSideAttach = 0
maxdeflect = 15
ctrlSurfFrac = 0.101
}
}

Please note, that the figures above a eyeballed approximations. I do not guarantee their accuracy.

OPT wings are great :P If only they've supported FAR... This baby is a pain to fly, using only stabilizers for roll. Well, it is a paint to keep from oscillating on pitch, at least without joystick as well. But it looks great :P

ibzUUuI.png

This has probably been answered before, but i just installed the mod for the first time, and none of the fuel tanks contain any fuel of any type. Hovering my mouse over for example the "J-Fueltank 4m" says it comes in a multiple variants with different types of fuel, but i only have a solid 1500Kg mountingbrick, with no fuel in it. Any ideas?

This has probably been answered before, but i just installed the mod for the first time, and none of the fuel tanks contain any fuel of any type. Hovering my mouse over for example the "J-Fueltank 4m" says it comes in a multiple variants with different types of fuel, but i only have a solid 1500Kg mountingbrick, with no fuel in it. Any ideas?

Right click the part after you place it ;)